What's new

Gwadar Port opening on Sunday

Most of credit goes to army and in particular Raheel Sharif... the other Sharif (Nawaz) a close second....

Army Chief was not even in the picture when Govt signed deal with China, credit must be given to deserved ones otherwise no one will step forward to do anything for you, Credit for law and order control and making CPEC happen smoothly goes to Raheel Shrif

Lol. Cpec actually began in Zardari era

Sir, the entire globe is talking about this project, and I've done some research on it too. The actual participation in "One Belt, One Road" started about 3-4 years ago between the Chinese and the Pakistanis. Previously, the Chinese helped create a new port to allow for a secondary port in Pakistan.

In fact, the port was built but it was under Singapore or Dubai's port operations company's management. The Chinese took it over from one of those guys. Their hope was that they can use this port for resupply and fuel / overhaul of the Chinese navy ships. Nowhere in the entire previous history, had there ever been a discussion that there was a remote possibility of $ 50 billion worth of investments.

I bet you, if India and others had known about it back then (when the US was next door and the previous Dictator / General in Pakistan pissed us off a lot), I think you'd have seen some serious reaction towards this project, may be a direct small level confrontation that would've damaged this area.

It happened so quickly and so fast that India and other who dislike Pakistan (including the UAE, Iran, etc, due to this project), couldn't really understand how it could move so forward in such a short amount of time. So really, from the Chinese President visiting Pakistan and formalizing the funding in 2014, till today, the end of 2016, you have one of the largest projects in the modern history actually gone live!!!! There is a lot to be said about the speed and expedited everything that this project went through. So good for Pakistan that it happened that way. But it was conceived and phase I completed in the same 3 years. Just mind blowing speed of getting stuff done at the largest magnitude possible. Thanks

Nawaz for 2018 and beyond!
Sir, the entire globe is talking about this project, and I've done some research on it too. The actual participation in "One Belt, One Road" started about 3-4 years ago between the Chinese and the Pakistanis. Previously, the Chinese helped create a new port to allow for a secondary port in Pakistan.

In fact, the port was built but it was under Singapore or Dubai's port operations company's management. The Chinese took it over from one of those guys. Their hope was that they can use this port for resupply and fuel / overhaul of the Chinese navy ships. Nowhere in the entire previous history, had there ever been a discussion that there was a remote possibility of $ 50 billion worth of investments.

I bet you, if India and others had known about it back then (when the US was next door and the previous Dictator / General in Pakistan pissed us off a lot), I think you'd have seen some serious reaction towards this project, may be a direct small level confrontation that would've damaged this area.

It happened so quickly and so fast that India and other who dislike Pakistan (including the UAE, Iran, etc, due to this project), couldn't really understand how it could move so forward in such a short amount of time. So really, from the Chinese President visiting Pakistan and formalizing the funding in 2014, till today, the end of 2016, you have one of the largest projects in the modern history actually gone live!!!! There is a lot to be said about the speed and expedited everything that this project went through. So good for Pakistan that it happened that way. But it was conceived and phase I completed in the same 3 years. Just mind blowing speed of getting stuff done at the largest magnitude possible. Thanks

Its part of Chinese Silk Road program.

7drHiqr.gif
:yahoo:
:pakistan::china:

come on man what research u r talking about.this concept was first put up in 17th century by catherine the great who wanted this route for her newly conquered CARs republics.
after that during mao,s time it was put up but not enough money was there.infact KKh was constructed by chinese solely for this purpose in 70s.and we all know chinese are very wise.
this time they waited.it could have been there during musharraf time but WOT got in the way.americans were heavily investing money in afg.still chinese were preparing there plans until the time the kick started it after ZEA operation.
and btw this is trial runs on already existing roads.dedicated roads for this project are far from over.so this only to signal outside forces that we did it but it's still miles away.
but all we can do is pray to allah to make it successful.

Can't see Chabahar anywhere...... can somebody help me look for my glasses???:laugh:
Go ahead Pakistan ... may all the odds be in your favor! Ameen :):pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom