Status
Not open for further replies.

kurup

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
3_cece14913164139.jpg

The traditional Gurkhas hail from Nepal which is the Himalayan Kingdom and it being one of the very rare countries in the world never conquered or invaded explains a lot about the people there.

Everyone around the world is aware of the bravery of the Gurkhas. The traditional Gurkhas hail from Nepal which is the Himalayan Kingdom and it being one of the very rare countries in the world never conquered or invaded explains a lot about the people there. Ever since the reign of British in India, Gurkhas were hired to work for armies.

When you look down into the history of this clan, it can be concluded that this practice started off ever since the British failed miserably while trying to attack the country of Nepal long ago. The Gurkhas counter attacked and prevented invaders from entering their motherland. After the British left, Gurkhas were made a part of the Indian army by a treaty signed between the two countries.

The Gurkha soldiers have been an essential part of the Indian army ever since the country became independent. They have fought for the Indian army on three of the major wars against Pakistan. During each of these three wars the Gurkhas regiment was highly successful in causing serious causalities to the Pakistani battalions and they helped to keep the enemies out of the country.

The Gurkha exhibit amazing courage all the time irrespective of the situations prevailing. Even when they are surrounded by enemies, the brave Gurkha soldiers fight with great courage and this sometimes cause the enemies to get scared and hence lose track.

The Gurkha soldiers are also a great boon for the nation even outside the military circles. Recently a Gurkha soldier who was traveling by train helped to save quite a lot of people from getting looted and also saved a girl from a rape attempt. The interesting fact is that this brave soldier fought all alone against about 40 armed bandits. Usually during such situations nobody shows such great excellence in handling the counterattack so perfectly but the Gurkhas are an exception. This incident underlines the fact that they are indeed brave men who cannot tolerate injustice and it also explains their great bravery and love for the nation in a wonderful manner.

Most of the nations around the globe were impressed by the fighting skills of the Gurkhas. Hence the Gurkha soldiers of the Indian army are treated with great pride. They serve the army with complete dedication as shown to their own homeland. Even the traditional Gurkhas hailing from Nepal show absolute dedication when it comes to the operations of the army or be it helping the civilians of the country. The Gurkha soldiers were also part of the army’s operations during the Kargil war and were also deployed in the Kashmir valley to safeguard the line of control.

The most impressive facts about the Gurkha soldiers is their dedication and fearlessness. They believe that death is a better option compared to living the life of a coward and hence they take on any number of enemies with great courage without thinking about the harm it can bring back to them. These brave soldiers are mostly deployed in the Eastern Sector and they do their duty and are an essential part of the defense squad of the country. India and all its citizens are proud of the Gurkha regiment of the Indian army for what they have done a great service to the nation.

Defence News - Gurkha Soldiers: India's pride

I don't get it. When Indians did well overseas, they are rightly called india's pride. Most Gurkha are Nepalese, shouldn't it be Nepal's pride, even though they served under Indian army?

Gorkha or not, they can't face Pak Armys brave soldiers.

As the article states, they have faced Pakistani soldiers in every war fought since independence, and performed remarkably well. The army chief under who's guidance your country was cut into two, and your "brave" soldiers undertook the biggest surrender in modern history, belonged to and later commanded the 5 Gorkha rifles regiment.

He had this to say about his boys:

"If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha."

In the kargil war, the 1/11 Gorkha rifles was one of the first battalions to be sent into the enemy occupied area, and they evicted every intruder from the batalik sector, and cleansed that sector against heavy odds. One young captain (Manoj Kumar pandey) earned the param vir chakra for his bravery. Today the gorkhas still wander batalik, Batalik still flies the tricolor, and all the "brave" Pakistani armymen/mujahideens/whatevers are nowhere to be seen.

Whenever Pakistan tries to create trouble in the Himalayas, the gorkhas are the first choice to do the needful.

Not necessarily. There are a lot of Gurkhas that are from my state and Uttarakhand as well. :D

The entire Himalayan belt has gurkhas. Since Nepal became a modern day country, it became Gurkhas of 'nepal' and 'india'.

They were always there.

the chief warden in my college is a retired colonel gurkha from uttarakhand :fie:

We all are proud of them.. I have had the honour of living next to someone who had fought in '71. Very juicy stories.. :)

On an unrelated note : I fully support Gorkhaland. Sooner they get separated from Bengal, better will be for them.

and why bringing Pakistan into this discussion??

When a claim is made, people have the right to refute it, even if it requires to mention place thing or a name.

I don't get it. When Indians did well overseas, they are rightly called india's pride. Most Gurkha are Nepalese, shouldn't it be Nepal's pride, even though they served under Indian army?

India recruits 40% gurkhas from Nepal and 60% Gurkhas from India. India is a home of around 10 million gurkhas itself.

we should not recruit gurkha soldiers from nepal anymore... they say they dont like it (nepal govt) @jayant

I am from Bihar and Nepal is very very close to my home. I visit Nepal very often and have a lot of nepali friends from school days.

Nepalis DoNOT hate India or, Indian army. Period.. This particular statement was given to appease a certain group of people who are mostly maoists.. Good thing is that a permanent division is coming within ranks of Maoists also . You will very soon see Prachanda giving Pro-India speech.. Very very soon if he wants to be relevant in Politics. Not to forget the Ex-King is gaining a lot of supporters these days..

Pakistani soldiers in Kargil war feared these guys.

There are stories where Gurkha soldiers fought well against Pakistani pathans.

Why does Pakistani Army fears Indian Gurkha regiment - Topix

Gurkha soldiers running with Kukris is indeed a fearful sight to any enemy soldiers.

You're understanding of Kargil history is poor in Kargil 1999 several units from India's Gurkha regiments attacked PA troops who commanded a high elevated position, they failed to take the peak and PA troops fired on them inflicting many casualties they were forced to abort their attempt, not once but at least twice.

Now focus on your Gurka love thread and don't drag Pakistan into this unless you want it.

India recruits 40% gurkhas from Nepal and 60% Gurkhas from India. India is a home of around 10 million gurkhas itself.

The article says Gurkhas in IA are from Nepal. Hence my question.

There are Gurkhas troops here in Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom