What's new

Gunmen kill retired general in Rawalpindi shooting

So which generals are said to have killed him, what are their names? Are they retired now or are they still in uniform, if the accusation is being made then why aren't the names being mentioned and their possible roles discussed?

Also, this unsigned letter in the hands of one and only one British journalist paints a picture in the reader's eye that Gen. Alvi was a fanatic hardliner when it came to getting tough on "taliban militants" but that article makes no mention of the fact that General Alvi refused to participate in the pak army's very controversial attack on Lal Masjid. Not only was Gen. Alvi not jumping at the thought of attacking civilians in Lal Masjid but he walked away from the opportunity and got fired for it. That is quite an odd contradiction. What conclusive evidence do we have that the only reason Gen Alvi was a target was because he was complaining about backroom deals with Baitullah Mehsud? Perhaps Gen Alvi was feared because he may have been planning to expose something quite different than backroom deals with tribal militants.

I dont think Alvas murder case will get proper judgement no matter which country he worked for. The reason is simple..its military. Cant expose their loopholes to their own ppl, pakistan ppl and international community.

I agree with this and I am unable to understand why he would think that the letter which he provided to his confidante, should he be killed is going to expose the army and open this pandora's box that he was keen on exposing? I am sure he was well aware of the long arms of the military who would quench any kind of negative exposure on them.

Nonetheless, I am saddened by his death. He didn't deserve this at all.

I am writing after a long time here ..... It's been a long wait after my father's death waiting to know who did it ....Finally , it has been cleared ..... i do admit i was led astray at first . The british journalist certainly did weave a good plot but when i contacted her requesting a copy of the letter she refused . Alot of people questioned alot of things and i certainly didnot have answers to all the questions . I kept saying even in the letter there is no mention of either Taliban or anything remotely like that but no one was ready to listen .
My father wont come back but i am happy his name and the army's involvement was cleared .

I am writing after a long time here ..... It's been a long wait after my father's death waiting to know who did it ....Finally , it has been cleared ..... i do admit i was led astray at first . The british journalist certainly did weave a good plot but when i contacted her requesting a copy of the letter she refused . Alot of people questioned alot of things and i certainly didnot have answers to all the questions . I kept saying even in the letter there is no mention of either Taliban or anything remotely like that but no one was ready to listen .
My father wont come back but i am happy his name and the army's involvement was cleared .
I am glad it is clear now that Pakistan Army did not kill it's own great soldier.:cheers::pakistan:

I always believe PA to have been a good institute and it won't ever hurt its own soldier whatever his post or position.

Gen Alvi murder case suspects remanded

By Imran Asghar
March 08, 2009

RAWALPINDI: Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) No II on Saturday granted Koral Police two-day physical remand of three suspects for their alleged involvement in Maj Gen (r) Ameer Faisal Alvi of Special Services Group (SSG) and his driver murder case.

The suspects Maj (r) Haroon Ashiq, son of Raja Ashiq Ali of Azad Kashmir, Muhammad Nawaz Khan son of Amanullah Khan of Peshawar and Ishfaq Ahmed son of Wali of Okara were presented before the court under tight security.

Koral Police Station House Officer Arshad Ali informed the court that the suspects were on physical remand and during interrogation in I-9 police custody they revealed their involvement in murder case of Maj Gen (r) Alvi and his driver.

He said the police had to arrest their accomplices and recover the murder weapons.

Back
Top Bottom