What's new

Gujarat government board claims Quran says beef bad for health

doublemaster

Reaction score
Country
India
Gujarat government board claims Quran says beef bad for health | The Indian Express

Posters have CM picture and quote a verse which clerics say is a misquote. Javed Raja
Billboards with pictures of Chief Minister Anandiben Patel and the Islamic symbol of the crescent moon and star have come up in an Ahmedabad locality with a message from the Gauseva and Gauchar Vikas Board of the Gujarat government, quoting a verse it claims is from the Quran to back its case for the protection of the cow. The billboards appeared in Bapunagar, greeting Muslims on the occasion of Janmashtami.

The verse on the billboard “Akramul Bakra Fainaha Saiyedul Bahaima” has been translated as “Show respect to cows as it is the leader of all bovines. Its milk, ghee and butter have therapeutic properties and its meat is the cause of several diseases’’.

But Mufti Ahmed Devlavi, a member of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board, said there is no such verse in the Quran. “I have never come across such a verse in the Holy Quran. It is possible that it may be an Arabic statement, wrongly attributed to the Holy Quran. It appears to have been used to mislead Muslims,’’ Devlavi said. Ghulam Mohammed Koya, a religious leader, too said no such verse exists in the Quran. Asked about the source of the verse, Gauseva and Gauchar Vikas Board chairman Dr Vallabhbhai Kathiria, a former Union Minister, said: “I got the verse and its translation from a 20-page booklet in Hindi and Gujarati.” He said the booklet was at his home in Rajkot and he could not recall the name of its author and publisher — Kathiria is currently in Gandhinagar where the office of the Gauseva and Gauchar Vikas Board is located. The board website says the Gauseva Ayog, created in 1999 and expanded to Gauseva and Gauchar Vikas Board in 2012, was “established for preservation, development and welfare of the cow and its progeny”. It is under the aegis of the Agriculture and Cooperation Department, Gujarat government. Gujarat government spokesperson and cabinet minister Nitin Patel said he was not aware of the billboards. Most Islamic scholars are circumspect and cautious about immediately denying or acknowledging such a para, given motivations of whoever may have put up such billboards. The second chapter of the Quran, Al Baqara, states that the only explicitly forbidden meat is pig meat and other meat that is not halal. Consuming beef in Islam is neither recommended nor prohibited. Islamic scholar Akhtar ul Wasey said: “There have been many points in time when rulers in India who happened to be Muslim have abstained from cow slaughter because of social circumstances. Mughal emperor Babur, in his will to son Humayun, suggested that cows not be slaughtered. There have been other such instances too.” -

First they protest against a muslim who quotes valmiki, then they come to quote quran wrongly deliberately

Yeah...Herd this. I dont care if they ban meet. But govern

So whats the real information?

Real news is that this is not a new development, its been happening for years, and no one including Muslims have any issues with it. So its wrong to report it as "after beef ban" or to make an issue out of it at all.

There needs to be a mechanism so sue thes news channels who are hellbent on spreading misinformation.
Who would Modi government pay then for advertisement if they start suing news channels/print media?

Muslims have a right to eat what they want but I do believe that in a civilized society people must respect each other. Due to religious reasons , if it is offensive for Hindus to see Cows being slaughtered, such activities must be done with utmost discretion and out of sight, so that no one is offended and their religious beliefs are not violated.

Last edited:
“I got the verse and its translation from a 20-page booklet in Hindi and Gujarati.” He said the booklet was at his home in Rajkot and he could not recall the name of its author and publisher

And he took the liberty to quote it, without considering that misquoting a verse (or most probably a statement that is not part of Quran) would hurt feelings of Billion plus. Well one can imagine what his urge to do so was.

The neutral and fair viewpoint on cow's meat is simple, for Muslims it is not mandatory to consume cow meat, though nothing stops them from doing so but caring for sentiments of others around us should always take precedence.

Consuming beef in Islam is neither recommended nor prohibited

Why this whole drama ?

And he took the liberty to quote it, without considering that misquoting a verse (or most probably a statement that is not part of Quran) would hurt feelings of Billion plus. Well one can imagine what his urge to do so was.

The neutral and fair viewpoint on cow's meat is simple, for Muslims it is not mandatory to consume cow meat, though nothing stops them from doing so but caring for sentiments of others around us should always take precedence.
Well said bro !!! Think of a situation when someone slaughter your Chicken in front of you? Thats how Hindus feel about Cows .

There should be some secularism with 2nd majorities of India -Muslims as well . Which is to respect others sentiments

Well said bro !!! Think of a situation when someone slaughter your Chicken in front of you? Thats how Hindus feel about Cows .

Buddy this is a full-toss that deserves a sixer, what my chicken has got to do with all this? :o:. You are comparing a chicken with a cow kuch to khayal karo my chicken and cow are not holy for me, if you are speaking in terms of holiness?

Yeah...Herd this. I dont care if they ban meet. But govern

So whats the real information?

the real story is for 10 days jain people celebrate a festival and they have requested to close meat shops in only two localities for 10 days where they live , not all meat market in closed in mumbai ,only meat market in tht two localities.

Consuming beef in Islam is neither recommended nor prohibited

Why this whole drama ?

There should be some secularism with 2nd majorities of India -Muslims as well . Which is to respect others sentiments

What if you are asked to quit eating Alu all of the sudden. What if you ask to quit onion because for some people its prohibited? I agree if this ban was present since long back but what if this is done all of the sudden? What if you asked to quit your job all of the sudden?
Dude there is much easier way to stop eating cow. If so called Hindu political parties really want

1. Provide job or some compensation for those work as slaughter , they really would like to quit if you pay them because they dont want to get beaten if they have other means of living

2. Make some how mutton cheaper than beef

3. If you treet cow as god, then show it. No one keeps god outside home. You keep it inside home. probably better house than yours, then people really start respecting cows.

cheap shots by hardliner Indian Hindus, there is no such verse in Quran. if Indian Hindus want to ban beef then press your government and lets have a 100% ban on beef and meat but stop your daily drama

Muslims have a right to eat what they want but I do believe that in a civilized society people must respect each other. Due to religious reasons , if it is offensive for Hindus to see Cows being slaughtered, such activities must be done with utmost discretion and out of sight, so that no one is offended and their religious beliefs are not violated.

Well Thats Good Thought, Cows are not slaughtered only by Muslims, The slaughtering is not permissible without license but which is done here, The Method of atleast pain should be their, but instead animals got utmost pain, I prefer Vegitarian not on ground of Religion, but as a Modern concept of value of life, animals' life right, no pain to animals, The Ecology (AS if whole world be vegitarian, 45 carore people would get the food, no worry of illness (chicken flue) etc. etc. I think in Islam the concept of Nonveg came from the st.mojis, as he permit to do so, perhaps that would be in critical time when other food is not available, Islam mainly rise in the desert like area, and green food, and fruit are not always available, and hence nonveg was accepted, where as in India food is available, hence vegitarian concept rise. same way as in desert area there were no woods, people not burn the body, in India wood is available so they burn the body, so there is method of cremation and burial. I think these all concepts are the Customs and which are mainly come due to the Geographical Condition, and have nothing to do with "Spiritualism", which is the Heart of All Religion irrespective of customs, and rules and Regulations. "Spirituality" is the meter in all religion, for count their faith in supernatural power, The Father of all of us, The God-Allah-Bhagwan/Iswar.

I appreciate the Idea, and these thoughts creates harmony amongst the people, the humans.

cheap shots by hardliner Indian Hindus, there is no such verse in Quran. if Indian Hindus want to ban beef then press your government and lets have a 100% ban on beef and meat but stop your daily drama

More the Cows cut for the Beef to Export by India, and also related with leather and such industries. Even if the Export is Ban, Lots of Animals life can be save. As there are permissible In Islam there is no need to oppose it, and India can save more cows even they ban the export.

More the Cows cut for the Beef to Export by India, and also related with leather and such industries. Even if the Export is Ban, Lots of Animals life can be save. As there are permissible In Islam there is no need to oppose it, and India can save more cows even they ban the export.
they wont ban export . the leather industry is big one

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom