What's new

Guess the cricketer

Neil Johnson !

finally!!!!

see I knew you will recognize him from the hint in my last post :thinktank:

Yes indeed this is Neil Johnson - a guy with very short career but dwell in the heart of the fans

I guess enough pics for now

take care - bye :D

ok 1 hint that will take you very close to this guy

He was literally nobody before 1999 World Cup........ he did miracles that he is still known by the cricket fans after he left cricket

lance klusner!!

This was the original picture

047431.jpg

true !

it was tough to recognize as the pic doesnt showed anything unique in action or anything.....

i recognized in 1st look that the white jersey with the kind of shade, is an australian. and the batsman is lefthanded seeing the bat !

but never thaught it wud be a non australian playing in australian domestic leauge.....

A unique one indeed !

true !

it was tough to recognize as the pic doesnt showed anything unique in action or anything.....

i recognized in 1st look that the white jersey with the kind of shade, is an australian. and the batsman is lefthanded seeing the bat !

but never thaught it wud be a non australian playing in australian domestic leauge.....

A unique one indeed !

oh actually the commentary on picture suggests that he was playing from South African county

Neil Johnson sweeps a ball against North West at Newlands on Friday

Check the picture profile

Neil Johnson sweeps a ball against North West | Photo | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

It was a match between North West and Western Province.... two S/A counties

oh actually the commentary on picture suggests that he was playing from South African county

Check the picture profile

Neil Johnson sweeps a ball against North West | Photo | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

It was a match between North West and Western Province.... two S/A counties

hmmm...cool.....afterall its just guestimate.as far as i knew neil johnson played for australia domestic and when not got chance shifted to zimbabwe.

but now i saw his profile and saw i was wrong...infact he never played for australia but for england..... then he played internationally for zimbabwe and after the turmoil in zimbabwe against whites he moved yo south africa......

nice...... and thanks for the knowledge...... :cheers:

You are right.......... just a brief introduction to those who probably do not know him

=================================

Neil Clarkson Johnson (born 24 January 1970 in Salisbury - now Harare) is a former cricketer who played 13 Tests and 48 One Day Internationals for Zimbabwe between 1998 and 2000.

An allrounder, he bowled right arm fast medium and played in the middle order as an aggressive left-handed batsman. He usually opened the batting in One Day cricket.

Throughout his first-class career he spent time in both South Africa and England, playing for Boland, Eastern Province, Natal, Western Province, Leicestershire and Hampshire.

Johnson was influential in Zimbabwe's qualification to the Super 6 stage of the 1999 World Cup. He won three Man-of-the-Match awards in the tournament. One of those awards came in his side's surprise victory over eventual Semi Finalists South Africa. Opening the batting, he top scored with 76 before dismissing Gary Kirsten with the first ball of the South African chase. He then got rid of Jacques Kallis for a duck and finished with 3 for 27. In the same tournament, he made an unbeaten 132 and took 2/43 against the eventual champions Australia at Lord's. Johnson is notable for having opened both the batting and bowling for his country in this World Cup.

After the 2000 tour of England, Johnson retired from international cricket as a result of disputes over his payment from the Zimbabwe Cricket Union. He moved to South Africa, a country that he had lived in as a child.

i guess may be i edited too much

Hint 1) The picture is not flipped

if you answer incorrectly i will share the colour photo instead :P

this was da tough version......cant get it....

medium version plz !

Back
Top Bottom