What's new

Growing Mumbai - The city of Dreams

It’s a waste of everyone’s time and tax payers’ money, to put it mildly. Line 2 i.e Chembur to Jacob circle, should hopefully help increase ridership numbers, but the obvious rolling stock-capacity constraints, the fact that it doesn’t interchange with any of the new metro lines and of course, the abysmal 20-minute frequency at which it currently operates (owing to the paucity of rakes from unreliable Scomi, Malaysia), means the Mumbai Monorail Corp. will never achieve the targets it had set up for itself. Thankfully, though, the eastern parts of the city will have new metro lines serving their growing population in a couple years.

This is what I was saying ever since this dumb project was conceived.....ugh! Having been many times to KL, I knew it was never going to be a good idea for a city of scale and density like Bombay.....from the capacity/capex ratios alone.

00_D6_D0_A8-1591-4098-_A830-_E37_AE71_FC082.jpg

4930546_D-4205-4_B9_C-83_D8-681646_EA6_A2_E.jpg

cc: Towering_goals

B3_F20_EB3-_E1_FD-4_B1_B-_B962-_D4_BE209_C302_F.jpg

cc: aishwarya.hoizal

4_FA1_D598-_F70_E-4_E5_C-_A4_AA-_D60_FE9_C1_AB5_F.png

cc: Pixeldo

981_EFDC9-10_CE-473_F-923_B-_C475_DA3589_C7.jpg

cc: Ompsyram

7_E63_A8_B8-2519-4_C0_E-9_EF0-461079481149.jpg

cc: Rahul Vangani

FE3_B2_F9_B-34_B2-4_ED5-_A768-_C2_A4_E247579_A.jpg

219_D5035-308_A-46_AF-9087-52_AF89_C9_FEBF.jpg

cc: streets.of.mumbai

They have gotten a good broader 50% level of global city done at the typical non-cherry pick level (from how I remember typical street scene from 90s when I was there more frequently)..esp for developing country:

Now the remaining levels (esp bad driving heh) should come over the coming decades I feel.

@Gibbs @Dungeness @rott @Zibago @RealNapster

They have gotten a good broader 50% level of global city done at the typical non-cherry pick level (from how I remember typical street scene from 90s when I was there more frequently)..esp for developing country:

Now the remaining levels (esp bad driving heh) should come over the coming decades I feel.

Yah.. driving. Ufff... Pakistani cities are no different.

Also, Seeing all those fancy buildings, i don't like buildings that much. I like Natural habitat more. Sub-continent don't have even a single city sustainably development. Urban planning is a word alien to this region.

Don’t get me started on the driving habits of south Asians. The ill effects of the huge increase in motor vehicle ownership over the last decade are most definitely showing, though having said that, the Bombay Traffic Police’s city surveillance system has been fining people across the board, and that’s a great start.

What would be ideal is if two wheelers were banned in the island city to start with, and then gradually across the MMR. They’re the absolute worst.

I like this better. I definitely am not into concrete jungles.

Don’t get me started on the driving habits of south Asians. The ill effects of the huge increase in motor vehicle ownership over the last decade are most definitely showing, though having said that, the Bombay Traffic Police’s city surveillance system has been fining people across the board, and that’s a great start.

What would be ideal is if two wheelers were banned in the island city to start with, and then gradually across the MMR. They’re the absolute worst.

Its so reckless, why are these morons so much in a rush to save 1 - 2 minutes and be completely unsafe doing it...cutting in and weaving like that (they get stuck at same traffic light at some point anyway)...there needs to be proper police enforced discipline with stiff fines to bring about behaviour change ...nothing else is going to solve it. Good to hear bombay traffic police has started on this concept, more should follow as much as possible ASAP.

Yah.. driving. Ufff... Pakistani cities are no different.

Yeah (cities are crappy in region period) but your highway driving is much better, your M-series expressways (which are excellent quality build too) has good highway police enforcement, I saw your drivers even using turn indicator to change lanes in a few v-logs, how refreshing to see that in subcontinent haha, rarely happens in India, too many stupid illiterate chalta-hai jerks even on open highway lol....and competing with bad driving gymnastics with the truckers :hitwall:.

I prefer train or flight when I am there visiting as much as I can as a result.

@django @Signalian @Godman @Desert Fox @Michael Corleone

I like this better. I definitely am not into concrete jungles.

Yup agree my friend. Nilgiri mountains, thats where I am from (hence my name here)! ...well the foothills of it more precisely haha. Not too far from the water taxi backwaters where you want to retire :D

Yeah (cities are crappy in region period) but your highway driving is much better, your M-series expressways (which are excellent quality build too) has good highway police enforcement, I saw your drivers even using turn indicator to change lanes in a few v-logs, how refreshing to see that in subcontinent haha, rarely happens in India, too many stupid illiterate chalta-hai jerks even on open highway lol....and competing with bad driving gymnastics with the truckers

Yes we have good quality motorways high mobility and high speed (though i was talking about highways and trunk road. They really sucks). And good news is that we are adding 100's of miles each year into it. Even at this stage atleast 3700 km of motorways are under construction. Its huge when the distance between two far points of our country is no more then 17-18 hundred km's.. Total length will be around 5000+ km's by 2020. Which is more them enough for Pakistan need.

ts so reckless, why are these morons so much in a rush to save 1 - 2 minutes and be completely unsafe doing it...cutting in and weaving like that (they get stuck at same traffic light at some point anyway)...there needs to be proper police enforced discipline with stiff fines to bring about behaviour change ...nothing else is going to solve it. Good to hear bombay traffic police has started on this concept, more should follow as much as possible ASAP

A girl once shared a post on facebook stating that they (she and her father) was in a uber car whose driver just returned to Pakistan from Japan. He said, and she quote "Japan me sab busy hoty hy par unki driving se lagta hy farig awaam hy. Yaham saari qoam vele beti hy par driving aisi karti hy kesy inse masroof or koi na ho". :mad:

I know i am off-topic. Sorry :P

Its so reckless, why are these morons so much in a rush to save 1 - 2 minutes and be completely unsafe doing it...cutting in and weaving like that (they get stuck at same traffic light at some point anyway)...there needs to be proper police enforced discipline with stiff fines to bring about behaviour change ...nothing else is going to solve it. Good to hear bombay traffic police has started on this concept, more should follow as much as possible ASAP.

Yeah (cities are crappy in region period) but your highway driving is much better, your M-series expressways (which are excellent quality build too) has good highway police enforcement, I saw your drivers even using turn indicator to change lanes in a few v-logs, how refreshing to see that in subcontinent haha, rarely happens in India, too many stupid illiterate chalta-hai jerks even on open highway lol....and competing with bad driving gymnastics with the truckers :hitwall:.

I prefer train or flight when I am there visiting as much as I can as a result.

@django @Signalian @Godman @Desert Fox @Michael Corleone

Yup agree my friend. Nilgiri mountains, thats where I am from (hence my name here)! ...well the foothills of it more precisely haha. Not too far from the water taxi backwaters where you want to retire :D

I love Mumbai for it holds Haji baba darbar, a place im dying to visit.

I still cant get my head around why most if not almost all Indian highways inner or intercity does not have lane markers on them ?? Wouldn't it guide some drivers to drive better or atleast some resemblance of order

I still cant get my head around why most if not almost all Indian highways inner or intercity does not have lane markers on them ?? Wouldn't it guide some drivers to drive better or atleast some resemblance of order

That used to be the case in the 90s and the early 2000s... not anymore. Most highways, major and minor city roads are marked, but because the morons for drivers we have drive all over the place, many of them wear off pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom