warehouse loading and unloading workers have 20500 inr
multinational companies workers have average 31000 inr
agriculture labor have 14000 inr
construction workers have 21000 inr
primary teachers school staff 20000 inr
electrical plumbing civil works labor have 21000 inr
police men have some 24000 Inr

these are lower tair jobs in my mind you can add more

but please note most of pakistanis did not work for salary but like to have own business or even
small business
Sorry i missed that post. But salary are way off then actual. For example the salary you quoted for restaurant worker is for chef for order taker, helper salary is between 20k to 25k pkr in a medium restaurant of karachi.

If u go to lower level restaurant it will be as low as 10k plus food. They then rely on tips.

Think we can add some India Pakistan comparison of Housing prices, the small big houses to apartments, luxury to lower levels.

Think the prices of apartments and homes in Pakistan is much affordable than India like in big cities Karachi, Lahore, Fasialabad and Rwlp, Islamabad is a diff. case, here we can talk about the high end living with high end living of India.

One reason Lahore a big city of 1.3 crore have no slums is because the prices are/were very cheap for lower middle hosuing of 3, 4, and even 5 marla houses in many towns. There are literally no slums in Lahore actually.
dk the definition of a slum but that's probably not true

dk the definition of a slum but that's probably not true

Lets see, don't know, an empty plot with 20 jhuggis is not a def. of large slum or small slum even, they are makeshifts. Slums are permanent unless big effort of govt. to shift it are done.

Slums are large areas with a population of many lacs and millions when there is no cheap housing available and land is scare and very high prices like in Mumbai.

In Karachi Orangi Town is called a slum in some articles but it is a not a slum as it is a proper town with sewerage, electricity, gas and areas planned and part of the 18 towns of Karachi.

Only some areas of Orangi along the hill, both sides are irregular katchi abadis, the rest of the town with 2.2 million population is all planned with schools, hospitals, colleges, parks and utiities. Have read many comments by Indians that Orangi is a Slum like Dharavi, Mumbai and larger, but this is not true.

@Imran Khan

Last edited:
Only a miniscule percentage of salaried persons get more than 25000. In many establishments they get 5000-10000 and that is a reality. Don't know much about Pakistan but your stat is far from reality. And in Mgnrega only 100 days work is available it is not for 365 days work even there the demand is increasing as their is short of jobs available in market. Only positive here is the support of food grains that is a lifesaver for many people. The scheme is available to 80 crore people but revised now it may be more than 90 crore due to increase in population. If as per your above mentioned survey people are getting 25000 on average their would not be such a dependency on food grains handouts.

1. The MEDIAN salary in India is ₹3,87,500 per year (or ₹32,840 per month)

The same MEDIAN salary in pakistan is Rs. 22,530 INR per month. i.e. almost 32% LESS.

2. The MEDIAN Factory worker salary in India is Rs. 1,25,100 i.e. Rs. 10,425 per Month. This includes SME's.

3. MGNREG Act is to provide MINIMUM 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to each household in rural areas. State Govt. provides additional work as per their budget and district wise development work.

4. Demand for MGNREGA jobs has fallen 5.8% from over 8.55 crore households demanding work in 2020-21 to about 8.05 crore in 2021-22. This trend continued in 2022-23, Where only 6.24 crore households demanded work, lower when compared to the same period in the two previous years.

5. Finally just because people are getting 5kg Wheat free does not mean they are depended on that. Most just sell it back into the open market for money.

Last edited:

The same MEDIAN salary in pakistan is Rs. 22,530 INR per month. i.e. almost 32% LESS.

2. The MEDIAN Factory worker salary in India is Rs. 1,25,100 i.e. Rs. 10,425 per Month. This includes SME's.

3. MGNREG Act is to provide MINIMUM 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to each household in rural areas. State Govt. provides additional work as per their budget and district wise development work.

4. Demand for MGNREGA jobs has fallen 5.8% from over 8.55 crore households demanding work in 2020-21 to about 8.05 crore in 2021-22. This trend continued in 2022-23, Where only 6.24 crore households demanded work, lower when compared to the same period in the two previous years.

5. Finally just because people are getting 5kg Wheat free does not mean they are depended on that. Most just sell it back into the open market for money.
Almost 80% of India's working population works in the unorganized sector, they don't receive fixed salaries, so even if your data is true, it only applies to like 20% of the population. Poor in India and Pakistan have more or less similar living standards,

Think we can add some India Pakistan comparison of Housing prices, the small big houses to apartments, luxury to lower levels.

Think the prices of apartments and homes in Pakistan is much affordable than India like in big cities Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Peshawar and Rwlp, Islamabad is a diff. case, here we can talk about the high end living with high end living of India.

One reason Lahore a big city of 1.3 crore have no slums is because the prices are/were very cheap for lower middle housing of 3, 4, and even 5 marla houses in many towns(are there very small 2.5 marla houses in lahore like 60 sq.yards). There are literally no slums in Lahore actually.
yes sir i agreed with you on this point

@N.Siddiqui

Pakistan should have increased the natural gas rate at least 20 years earlier and use that revenue for further exploration and for govt. kitty.

Yeah, that is true. Btw, even the Congi governments used to keep LPG cheap (not as cheap as Pak naturally) and had relatively low tax regime on petroproducts. It is only Modi who has removed subsidy on gas and had a more aggressive taxation on petroproducts. And that is why India is not in such dire straits now, else with a Pappu sarkar, India too would be standing in front of the IMF

Regards

Pakistani law say no one drink in public .police not allowed to enter private property even someone drinking.and law also said no one should be arrested without medical report . Law is so hard that one can be punished for drinking . No one punished since last 40 years.
Some Indian states also have Prohibition. Gujarat has had it for the longest time-because Mahatma Gandhi was from there. In Gujarat, all foreigners can get a permit to drink daru. Indians can get it only if they are over 40 and only if a doctor issues a report saying they need it for medical reasons. They can buy upto 5 bottles a month legally, but otherwise it is said that more alcohol is consumed in Gujarat than is produced in all of India.

Last edited:
Some Indian states also have Prohibition. Gujarat has had it for the longest time-because Mahatma Gandhi was from there. In Gujarat, all foreigners can get a permit to drink daru. Indians can get it only if they are over 40 and only if a doctor issues a report saying they need it for medical reasons. They can buy upto 5 bottles a month legally, but otherwise it is said that more alcohol is consumed in India than is produced in all of India.
Bhai jan in pakistan most people got home delivety

As indian media is bashing day and night paksitan is sinking in inflation . here are few basic groucery prices in lahore home delivery today
Base line is price of a product moved from X to 2.5X or Dollar moved from 175 to 275
Savings of an average citizen remains the same

lest say onion price moved from 40 to 120
but a person having 1 Lakh in his bank account will still have 1 lakh

Secondly there is difference between high price and shortage
India has ample amount of fuel reserves and buying dead cheap oil from russia, still selling petrol at prices higher than Pakistan, this is called working at fundamental level. We went to IMF in 1991 and learnt our lesson but the price difference is Pakistan is raising electricity/ fuel prices to lower the demand to ensure long runway with short supply available

An average Pakistani consumes 0.67 barrel Oil a year (available at cheaper rate)
An average Indian consumes 1.15 barrel Oil a year (available at high price)

An average Pakistani consumes 0.3 Mwh electricity a year (available at cheaper rate)
An average Indian consumes 1.2 Mwh electricitya year (available at high price)

An average Pakistani consumes 17 Kg of steel a year (available at cheaper rate)
An average Indian consumes 85 Kg of steel a year (available at high price)

India has been selling petrol at 1.2$ a liter for a long time and there is no chaos, no panic
But when pakistan is selling 1 liter at 0.8$ to awam ki cheekhein nikal jaati hai , petrol pumps me lin lag jaati hai
this shows the difference in wealth & Income of the nations

I am saying context of India. I am guessing here most figures are overrated. In many cities and towns visited baring few metroes the salary is too less even beyond comprehension and I am talking about people to people interaction between many peoples. Even in it companies many of the people I know including multinationals they are getting 10000 . Even in big private banks barring a few it is hardly 10-14 except incentives and incentives are not that big to boast of. People are working for 5000-10000 salary and mind you they are not illiterate they are educated but the quality of jobs too little in private sector. That is why there is craze for govt jobs atleast you will get a decent salary which is beyond the dream of most people in private sector. Only a handful of jobs have a good salary in priavte sectors rest are pretty less paying to say the least.

The link you posted is far from reality for most. There is real scarcity of good jobs which can pay like this.

Last edited:

Excellent analysis of Pakistan's economic crisis.

India offers free or really cheap food articles(Like wheat at Rs. 2 per kg, Salt at Rs. 1) upto 81 crore people (2/3rd of Indian Population). Free contraceptives, many schemes for the poor where they're provided with cash or gifts(Such as bicycles for students who live more than 5 kms from school).

While Pakistan has always looked down upon the "Kanjars", India as provided them with affirmative action resulting in rising livign standards and education standards.

What’s with the Indian? Why do lurk on a Pakistani forum. You like others looking for you fathers that you never met. We are not interested in India. Bugger off.

Anything like instacart? (Grocery delivery service)

yes sir i agreed with you on this point
upper middle class apartment in Blr suburb is Rs4 to Rs6Cr. Last week I was quoted Rs.12Cr for an independent 'farm' house near Nandi Hills. Same house will be three times that in Delhi, 5 times that in Mumbai.
And I can get the same house for 1Cr in smaller towns.

Just bought 6 wonderful sweet oranges, 2 huge juicy poms, quarter kg tender white radish and quarter kg fresh Delhi carrots for Rs 206 in Reliance mkt. Same would probably be Rs 100 in handcart or outside shop

Prices in Pakistan is cheaper by 20-40% when we compare to prices in India in Indian rupee(or dollar). Even Petrol and Diesel prices are 20% cheaper. Don't know whats the fuss with petrol prices increase among Pakistani public. Eventually public will get to pay as per international prices and inflation.
Why Pakistani are complaining is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom