What's new

Green Books, red herring and the LoC war

Actually that story was also by quoting his sources from within the Home Ministry & Intelligence agencies. Praveen Swami is among the most connected to intelligence & defence sources & is not know for non-serious reporting. He is one of the handful of journalists who get access to the facts more often than not.

Yes indeed thats why his report on LoC was more accurate and rebuked many claims by Indian officials.

However you are right on the what the articles themselves reveal and I would tend to agree with you except that it is a broad indicator of the direction that the senior army leadership is partial to.

every country's army tend to be partial isnt it?

Yes indeed thats why his report on LoC was more accurate and rebuked many claims by Indian officials.

Not sure it is entirely accurate. I have read other reports that indicate that Indian soldiers got to about 30m of the LoC & targeted the Pakistani position as opposed to actually crossing it (I don't know which of them is correct). He did get some facts about the commanding officer wrong( Brigadier G.S. Rawat was not the head of the 19 Infantry Division; he was in fact the Brigade Commander of the 161 Brigade in Uri, which is part of the 19 Infantry Division). Other reports quote Brig.Rawat as saying that he was on leave between December 26th & Jan 17th when the incident took place. Many loose ends there, guess we won't know the full picture. I did say that Praveen Swami has better access to sources, not necessarily that the sources are completely right or are not giving something their own spin (though PS is unlikely to be very gullible).

Back
Top Bottom