What's new

Greece to receive 460 M113s from US

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Greece to receive 460 M113s from US

The Greek Army has finalised the transfer of 460 M113A2 series armoured vehicles from the United States, delivery of which should be in batches in mid-2014.

The M113s are being transferred free of charge under the US Excess Defence Articles (EDA) programme, with Greece paying EUR4 million (USD5.5 million) for their transportation.

The vehicles will be inspected at the 304 Army Depot at Velestino before being forwarded to operational units.

Among the vehicles included in the transfer are M113A2 armoured personnel carriers, M577A2 command post vehicles, M901A2 Improved TOW launcher carriers, M106A2 mortar carriers, and M1059 smoke-generating vehicles.

Also in line for transfer later in the year are 320 Oshkosh HEMTT series trucks comprising M977 and -985 utility trucks and M978P1 fuel tankers.

Greece to receive 460 M113s from US - IHS Jane's 360

Hellenic_Army_-_M113_-_7214.jpg

Last edited:
They have a big enemy,you dont.
Btw,some old equipment,who cares,we'll send you better ones.

A fellow NATO member you mean while we have Russia.

Honestly i don't want those M113's as we are in the process of inducting brand new local made APC's and i would hate for that project to be terminated and with it a hell of a lot of local jobs but today they give APC's ,tommorow F16's.Now,F16's I do want.

well, Greece has to maintain these rusty dust collectors, so it's a good economic way to strain their situation a bit more.

My Turkish brothers (and sisters!), please tell me how are relations between Greece and Turkey?

Are they enemies? Are they hot and cold? For an outsider, it hard to understand how the two countries fare. @Kaan @usernameless @Neptune :) :)

My Turkish brothers (and sisters!), please tell me how are relations between Greece and Turkey?

Are they enemies? Are they hot and cold? For an outsider, it hard to understand how the two countries fare. @Kaan @usernameless @Neptune :) :)
Historic enemys but its cool the last years, Greece has no money to properly run their military, they mostly avoid confrontations.

Btw: its strange but Greece is one of the biggest supporters of Turkish EU membership, at least thats what they say. :what:

Historic enemys but its cool the last years, Greece has no money to properly run their military, they mostly avoid confrontations.

Btw: its strange but Greece is one of the biggest supporters of Turkish EU membership, at least thats what they say. :what:
they would do anything to bring us down with them.

Imagine a country who was called cradle of west. One day Turks came out of nowhere. And Greeks got been beaten in every war. Later they lost their beloved city "Constantinople" to these barbarians and became fully conquered and been ruled for 3 centuaries by Turks.

They hate us to guts and they fear from us a lot. :fie:

they are historic enemies, but in recent history they are silent and seek indirect aggression against us. they have housed and supported the pkk and dhkp-c in Greece. If our situation was vice versa, they surely would have sought direct confrontation with us. in short, they are nothing but a little pain in the *** that keeps getting supported by the west (like this article) to annoy Turkey as much as possible.

Imagine a country who was called cradle of west. One day Turks came out of nowhere. And Greeks got been beaten in every war. Later they lost their beloved city "Constantinople" to these barbarians and became fully conquered and been ruled for 3 centuaries by Turks.

They hate us to guts and they fear from us a lot. :fie:

The reason I ask is that I see a lot of Greeks here and in US. So I can get their perspective. But I dont get to meet Turks here or anywhere else for that matter. So I m not clear what Turks think about them. I know they hate you but I dont know why? Got the answer now :) :) :)

they are historic enemies, but in recent history they are silent and seek indirect aggression against us. they have housed and supported the pkk and dhkp-c in Greece. If our situation was vice versa, they surely would have sought direct confrontation with us. in short, they are nothing but a little pain in the *** that keeps getting supported by the west (like this article) to annoy Turkey as much as possible.

They are useless. If they can be member of EU, so can Turkey which is much more capable.

Having said this, EU is a group of useless countries, and for me, Turkey does not belong there.

Back
Top Bottom