What's new

GREECE occupied 16 Turkish Islands

I would like an english translation to see this claim on Marathi.
As far as i have read(i'm no diplomat) the 24 May 1933 UN reference about Marathi was the registration of the italian-turkish international agreement and its attached protocol of 1932, which had been signed in order to solve some disputes between Turkey and Italy about islets between the anatolian coast and Kastelorizo and the island of Kara-Ada, not about Marathos island which lies close to Patmos an island far away from Kastelorizo or Kara-Ada.

Sorry i can't put links(tried to but it doesn't allow me-new member) yet, but you can google them.

The Marathi mentioned in the agreement is the Marathi close to Kastelorizo, which is named Gurmenli Adasi.

1. TRADUCTION--TRANSLATION No 3191
CONVENTION BETWEEN ITALY AND TURKEY FOR THE DELIMITATION OF THE TERRITORIAL WATERS BETWEEN THE COAST OF ANATOLIA AND THE ISLAND OF CASTELLORIZO.

SIGNED AT ANKARA, JANUARY 4, 1932.

Being desirous of maintaining and strengthening
still further the relation of sincere friendship which
happily exist between them, have decided to settle by a
direct agreement the dispute which has arisen between
Italy and Turkey concerning the sovereignty over the
islets situated between the Anatolian coast and the
island of Castellorizo
and also over the island of kara-
Ada, and to delimit the territorial waters surrounding
the said islets, the ownership of which has given rise to
a dispute between them in consequence of the
interpretation of the provision of the Treaty of
Lausanne relevant thereto.
The undersigned, having shown their full powers,
found in good and due form, have agreed upon the
following points:

Article 1
The Italian Government recognises the sovereignty of
Turkey over the following islets:

Volo (Gatal-Ada), Ochendra(Uvendire), Fournachia
(Furnakya), Kato Volo (Katovolo), Prassoudi (Prasudi)
(soyth-east of Catovolo). The islets of Tchatallota,
Pighi, Nissi-Tis-Pighi, Agricelia reef, Proussecliss
(rock), Pano Makri, Kato Makri(including the rocks),
Marathi, Roccie Voutzaky (Rocci Vutchaki), Dacia (Dasya),
Nissi-Tis Dacia, Prassoudi (north of Dacia), Alimentarya
(Alimentaria), Caravola (Karavola).

And since this international agreement between Turkey and Italy is being used, in its attached protocol it says Imia are handed over to Italy.

[Twenty seven (27) additional sections follow, which
designate the line of demarcation]

30. a moitie distance entre Kardak [Imia] (R.k.s.)et
Kato I. (Anatolie)

Also about or Agathonisi or Gaidaro(it is mentioned as gaidaro in the relative protocol attached) which Turkey claims as Esek.

[Six (6) additional sections follow, which designate the
line of demarcation

36.-a moitie distance entre la pointe Est de Nero
I. (Gaidaro) et Kavo Plakes (Anatolie),
37.-a moitie distance entre la pointe Nord de
Psethonisi
(Gaidaro) et la pointe Sud de Theopori I. (Anatolie),

Last edited:
Ok fellas cut the fighting.
@ValerioAurelius he did ask the Greek member my friend.
Just let the Greeks answer. There is no need to fight with Turkish members on their section.
Turkish guys we can cool things now, thank you.

In my opinion actually handed over to Greece or Italy which then handed them over to Greece by 1947 Paris peace treaty.

In my opinion actually handed over to Greece or Italy which then handed them over to Greece by 1947 Paris peace treaty.

Let the diplomats , law experts and historicians discuss it.
I always promote friendship, free trade, free travel, sharing common economic interests and peace between Greece and Türkiye.
Most people in the EU even don't know that almost 30% of the Greek population can speak or understand Turkish;
in Crete, Thrace and Aegean Islands.

Despite the fact that my posts were deleted

Dear, your post has been deleted just because of the use of unethical and non-civil language which is not allowed on the Forum. You can express your observations/comments without name calling or insulting anyone like this. Such kind of discussion is not preferred nor is for any good but provokes others and results in trolling and disrespectful wording which needs to be discouraged though opt a way of argument that should be productive and qualitative. On other hand, if you found such posts by any member, just report the same without quoting back or engaging and move-on that Mod(s) will take care. Hope you understand the same.

Thanks.

You are lying to yourself dear. When i say kemalist moron it is disrespectful but when they say "şerefsiz AKP", "şerefsiz Erdoğan" and many more combinations related to cursing and swearing the person i voted for the presidency it is all fine. Suddenly you mods become deaf and blind..

Very disappointing to see such reply. However, I don't speak Turkish nor has any interest with any political party so it would be better to report such posts as Mods are not campaigning for any party in Turkiye and have no interest to side with anyone. In straight words, please do not violate the forum rules and carry on with your discussion.

Thanks.

@Successwill Warning issued for repeated inappropriate/abusive language in politic subjects.

@The Eagle Bro, No need to tell rule details to a guy cursing/insulting a dead historic name with moron like words/his physically handicap (with his +/- sides on politic subjects) which was one of the most important commander of Turkish Independence war along with M. Kemal Ataturk. Such members will receive penalties, until They learn the basic ethic rules, the meaning of "respect" and differences between criticism and abusing/insulting on their provocative generalizations.

Last edited:
Let the diplomats , law experts and historicians discuss it.
I always promote friendship, free trade, free travel, sharing common economic interests and peace between Greece and Türkiye.
Most people in the EU even don't know that almost 30% of the Greek population can speak or understand Turkish;
in Crete, Thrace and Aegean Islands.

I agree, i've been in Turkey, Bodrum on vacations and had a good time, i met warm and friendly people.
Nowadays very few in those places you mention can speak turkish(mostly old people that returned to Greece either during the population exchange of after it mainly from Istanbul especially during the 50s and 60s), their kids may know some words too but can't speak, they may understand a very simple conversation in turkish though.
But all greeks use some words of turkish origin.

I don't know turkish, but i'm sure words like tsarka(something like enjoyable walk), mpairaki(flag), mousafiris(visitor), kavgas(fight),tsoglani(young, naughty boy or man) may remind you of something, they have no relativity to ancient greek language.

I agree, i've been in Turkey, Bodrum on vacations and had a good time, i met warm and friendly people.
Nowadays very few in those places you mention can speak turkish(mostly old people that returned to Greece either during the population exchange of after it mainly from Istanbul especially during the 50s and 60s), their kids may know some words too but can't speak, they may understand a very simple conversation in turkish though.
But all greeks use some words of turkish origin.

I don't know turkish, but i'm sure words like tsarka(something like enjoyable walk), mpairaki(flag), mousafiris(visitor), kavgas(fight),tsoglani(young, naughty boy or man) may remind you of something, they have no relativity to ancient greek language.

I won't mention names. Please respect it.

Thank you for you warm message, I met a Greek Maritime Police in Igoumentitsa he spoke broken Turkish with me, we are friends up today.
I met a Greek fuel tank service lady at Thessaloniki -Fuel Center SHEL-L ( Blond),
I asked her " are you Russian" she answered no for sure not I am Greek and she was able to conversate broken Turkish ( Her family was from Central Anatolia).
My favorite travel office in Greece is operated by Greek Church in Crete, the people are very polite and " very astonishing" for me they can speak understandable Turkish.
I made a one week holiday in Chalkidi, I was welcome and could order OUR common food.
I have a true friend in Thessaloniki who has a chain of a lot of automatic gambling machines there,
he is my Greek brother and he knows better Turkish then me . He claims he is a LAZO .
And last my uncle has a school friend from the 60's who was terrorized in Istanbul (unfortunately) and emigrated to Athens, he is now 86 years old and I call him my Greek uncle from Athens .

We are neighbours and genetic not so far as EU wants us to manipulate.

The only fact is different religion. But don't you want our kids live as friends together ?

Close and true neighbours are better then so called allies,
who are exploiting you and us for their own PROFIT !

Peace is always more preferable than hatred and i don't think normal people of any country would ever choose the latter over the first.

As far as the EU and west is concerned, to be honest Greece even though we have our worst economic crisis ever(we're on the 8th year of recession right now hoping to be the last and return to growth) for a whole bunch of reasons, one of which is ofcourse having the euro as our currency, is still wealthier than other balkan countries, the strategy of joining the western and european side paid off better than being for example in the soviet, i think such was the case for Turkey too, both countries joined at the same time and were given western(especially american)assistance under the Truman doctrine of the Cold War era. Turkey also did better than arab countries and their western orientation under Kemal Ataturk contributed to that.
Our biggest mistake i think was adopting the euro, not the EU in general and there's no easy way out of it, you'll have to take the whole package and exit the EU as well.
And given the way our economy has transformed into a service economy with our main sector being tourism, which is a very sensitive sector, exiting the EU would be a major blow now.

@Islamic faith&Secularism

Do you care to answers my question about this topic ? According to this, Greece occupied Turkish's 16 islands in 2004 and annexed them in 2009 so :
-Why kemalist general didn't do nothing at this time ? Erdogan didn't have any control over the military in 2004.
-Why no media speak about it ? Not only Turkish media but the whole world media would fuse over this and again in 2004, Erdogan didn't nealy how much control to Turkish media at this time.
-and 2009....so we must believe that Greece annexed Turkish terrotory while being completed broke after 2008 crisis ?

Your only evidence come form some obscure Turkish link...while this was really true, the whole media in the world (the guardian, newwoktime, le monde, figaro.......) would speak about it. No way in hell this sort of thing can be hidden.

@Islamic faith&Secularism

Do you care to answers my question about this topic ? According to this, Greece occupied Turkish's 16 islands in 2004 and annexed them in 2009 so :
-Why kemalist general didn't do nothing at this time ? Erdogan didn't have any control over the military in 2004.
-Why no media speak about it ? Not only Turkish media but the whole world media would fuse over this and again in 2004, Erdogan didn't nealy how much control to Turkish media at this time.
-and 2009....so we must believe that Greece annexed Turkish terrotory while being completed broke after 2008 crisis ?

Your only evidence come form some obscure Turkish link...while this was really true, the whole media in the world (the guardian, newwoktime, le monde, figaro.......) would speak about it. No way in hell this sort of thing can be hidden.

Thank you. I am not able to answer all messages

Last edited:
''
58f6540ac9de3d0ddc101131

Paskalya Bayramı nedeniyle Yunanistan Kara Kuvvetleri Komutanı Korgeneral Alkiviadis Stefanis’in Bodrum’un Gümüşlük Mahallesi karşısındaki Kalalimnos Adası’na ardından da Yunanistan Savunma Bakanı Panos Kammenos’un Aydın’ın Didim ilçesi karşısındaki ve Kardak kayalıklarına sekiz mil mesafedeki Bulamaç (Farmakonisini) ve Eşek (Agathonisi) Adaları’nı ziyaret etmesinin ardından bölgede bulunan Yunan botlarının Türk karasularını ihlalleri sıklaştı.

''
Source:http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/kardakta-turk-ve-yunan-botlari-arasinda-kovalamaca-40431032

After the occupation, Greek CG started to patrol islands in Turkish sea, which is only 2 miles off Turkey.

''
58f6540ac9de3d0ddc101131

Paskalya Bayramı nedeniyle Yunanistan Kara Kuvvetleri Komutanı Korgeneral Alkiviadis Stefanis’in Bodrum’un Gümüşlük Mahallesi karşısındaki Kalalimnos Adası’na ardından da Yunanistan Savunma Bakanı Panos Kammenos’un Aydın’ın Didim ilçesi karşısındaki ve Kardak kayalıklarına sekiz mil mesafedeki Bulamaç (Farmakonisini) ve Eşek (Agathonisi) Adaları’nı ziyaret etmesinin ardından bölgede bulunan Yunan botlarının Türk karasularını ihlalleri sıklaştı.

''
Source:http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/kardakta-turk-ve-yunan-botlari-arasinda-kovalamaca-40431032

After the occupation, Greek CG started to patrol islands in Turkish sea, which is only 2 miles off Turkey.

We will show them soon, what provocation means; those fascist beggars of Europe.
I exclude my Greek friends, who are always friendly.

We will show them soon, what provocation means; those fascist beggars of Europe.
I exclude my Greek friends, who are always friendly.

To speak the truth Turkey is provocative, the so called "incident" is patrolling on greek islands and islets, which as we saw before belong legally to Greece with international treaties.
Agathonisi for example or Esek, as you call it has greek citizens on it for many decades, much longer before Turkey "discovers" its turkishness.
Its alternative name Gaidaro is mentioned in the 1932 attached protocol of the italian turkish agreement as belonging in the italian side and not the turkish and we all know that Greece later under the Paris peace treaty of 1947 succeeded Italy in all of the latter's rights.
I don't get how the "fascist beggars" for the greeks is compatible with your previous friendly posts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom