What's new

Greatest Tank Battles - The Battle of 73 Easting

Metal 0-1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Eagle Troop and Ghost Troop of the US Army's 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment square-off against the Republican Guard during OPERATION DESERT STORM

Americans definitely learned a thing or two from General Erwin Rommel.

Last edited:
Eagle Troop and Ghost Troop of the US Army's 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment square-off against the Republican Guard during OPERATION DESERT STORM

We should piggyback on China as much as possible and have Turkey as alternate defense suppliers. We don't wanna end up like Saddam's Iraq.

What the heck they couldn't take out a couple Bradley's??

Americans are hiding something it seems.

We should piggyback on China as much as possible and have Turkey as alternate defense suppliers. We don't wanna end up like Saddam's Iraq.
My main concern too.
One hit to the hull there goes the tank with crew.
US should tell the tale after if only it fought in Ukraine against Russia. Fighting a way inferior army is not a feat.
T-72s were decent tanks. If they had planned differently and better results would have been difference.

what a stupid title and whats even worse is the Americas are dumb enough to believe their own propaganda

anyone with 2 brain cells know Iraqis used the most stupid tank warfare tactics

Americans then go on to make Hollywood movies

we call it Dumb and Dumber
Iraqis had seriously bad ammunition no?

1991 was not a equipment issue it was a strategy and doctrine issue

Arab armies fight better with Camel and horse

give them modern stuff and this is what happens

Serbs had worse equipment and took out F117
Argentina had the same French Built air launched Exocet anti-ship missiles and almost defeated the Royal Navy
list goes on and on

The US had an advantage in Optics,electronics.Iraqi T72M1s were outdated while US M1A1Abrams were far more superior in everyway.Moreover Iraqi T72s were poorly maintained.They had Bad training their tactics were outdated.The APFSDS rounds which iraqi T72s used could not penetrate US abrams from the front the only chance they had was to hit them from flanks and rear which was not possible as most of them were dug in the ground.A comparison of APFSDS both sides used US M829A1(540 to 570mm) Iraqi 3VBM-3 (290mm) 3VBM-6(315mm) 3VBM-7(340mm) all these values are for 2km.The frontal armour of Abrams had around 600mm against APFSDS While Iraqi T72M1s ( 410mm).

I think they were not a well trained crew, and they didnt have a morale to fight.. my two cents.

I think they were not a well trained crew, and they didnt have a morale to fight.. my two cents.
most of them were forced to join during iran iraq war and werenot allowed to leave the army they used to surrender very easily

Back
Top Bottom