What's new

great rage and great fear in swat-villagers recount taliban abuse

"I alos hope that American opinion, informed and diverse, will begin to realize that there may be more to their mission."

Cute but we've not as much to realize in that respect as your own citizens.

For seven and one-half years now that diverse and informed American opinion has contenanced the sending of our blood and treasure 6,000 miles to Afghanistan. THERE is our fight and our stamina has been evident- if questioned every fcukin' step of the way.

We'll see if you can sustain the sending of your sons to one side of your country from the other to save yourselves. There will certainly be more to their mission too if Buner and SWAT have proven anything to date.

S2

It's entirely possible that Pakistan may not find the will to survive, but how does that mean that the U.S ought to continue skewing the many realities in Pakistan.

Let sleeping dogs lie with regard to your much vaunted army's record of success - it's true that the U.S. has both the resources and unified vision of it's role, and yet is it much more successful than the Fauj? Getting anger is no solution.

"Getting anger is no solution."

Solution to what-a moneymaking opportunity from an easily predicted IDP internal exodus? Snide comments about our media aside, you may be correct that IDPs represent a growth-industry in Pakistan for your elite.

I'm hopeful without passing judgement as I know nothing about the particulars around SWAT and Buner, that your army shall learn to carry the fight from the inside-out and with an element of "softly softly" about it.

Maybe it's impossible under the circumstance. Certainly Bajaur hinted as such. Maybe it'll stay that way all the way through Waziristan. Maybe, if so, you'd best plan on new permanent homes for all those folks as it may be years before they return to their former communities.

Summary
she says that previous religious gov (MMA) brought in talibans which lead to all this chaos. she also blames other political parties for not tellin the truth and hiding the reality. Ppl of swat were made fools in the name of Islam by MMA.
Soldiers dont understand politics so they do wat they are told to do. they go to cadet college where they are not taught politics. She fears for Pakistan and at the same time prays for it while sayin that 4 provinces of Pak are actually one. she also says that if Pakistan doesnt remain then wat will we do. Wat identity will the ppl livin outside Pakistan have.
She doesnt have any openion as to how exactly these things should be handled but urges political parties to stop their politics and come fwd to save her country. but she does have a long term solution which is education.

Live With Talat - 22 May 2009 | pkpolitics.com

This isn't something new.. we already knew that MMA are Taliban Sympathizers and use religion to gather large crowds. Like i said before under MMA the whole of NWFP came to a halt with no progression what so ever.. They will hopefully never win again in NWFP because people now know the idiocracy of this party

Assalam-o-Alaikum ALL,

You are basing your opinion based on one person's assessment.

Is that what common sense says is enough proof of what is right?

P.S. There are 20 million people in camps as they say.

M. Istehbab

Last edited:
Assalam-o-Alaikum ALL,

You are basing your opinion based on one person's assessment.

Is that what common sense says is enough proof of what is right?

M. Istehbab

what evedence is needed to convince what is reality?

:hitwall:

Common sense says to listen to the people being affected by the situation; common sense doesnt appeal to follow politicians like sheep...

Common sense says to listen to the people being affected by the situation; common sense doesnt appeal to follow politicians like sheep...

i agree but
common sense is a sense usually not common in our society :P

i agree but
common sense is a sense usually not common in our society :P

well that is true to some extent; otherwise why would have the people voted for the ppp or nawaz league when they know these are the people who plundered and looted the nation relentlessly.

why wont the people rise up against their elected leaders? democracy is by the people for the people. if the elected persons are not performing; the people have the right to drag their sorry ***** throughout their cities and make them resign. the people do not realise the power they have over these feudalists...

oh and btw i was replying to Istehbab :)

well that is true to some extent; otherwise why would have the people voted for the ppp or nawaz league when they know these are the people who plundered and looted the nation relentlessly.

why wont the people rise up against their elected leaders? democracy is by the people for the people. if the elected persons are not performing; the people have the right to drag their sorry ***** throughout their cities and make them resign. the people do not realise the power they have over these feudalists...

oh and btw i was replying to Istehbab :)

I know yara

abut democracy
its called govt of people, by the people for the people

but tell me one such example where its not govt of elite by the elite for the elite"
do you think 10 donkies will like to elect 1 loin?
or do you think vote of 1 Phd can be equal to middle fail?

democracy in its concept is very idealistic but in practice is the most unjust concept and system
:enjoy::cheers:

I know yara

abut democracy
its called govt of people, by the people for the people

but tell me one such example where its not govt of elite by the elite for the elite"
do you think 10 donkies will like to elect 1 loin?
or do you think vote of 1 Phd can be equal to middle fail?

democracy in its concept is very idealistic but in practice is the most unjust concept and system
:enjoy::cheers:

Well then i feel sorry for the nation. If we cannot elect one person who can take us forward; we do not deserve to have a country. :undecided:

We need to remove this thinking that "chal raha hai chalne do".
Until and unless we resort to change our system; we will go from one crisis to the other.

True that democracy is not perfect anywhere; but at least try to change the system rather than blindly following any party like sheep for getting perks and privileges. The people have a power they dont use or dont want to use. :cheers:

whats ur openion about islamic system

there are two types

1] According to Ahle Sunnah, Caliph is chosen from assembly of pious and technical men who sit and choose the leader.
2.] Shia belive Imam is a born Imam choosen by Allah. In his absence Fuqaha and Technocrats can select his Naib

I Think electing the leader must not be left on masses . Technocrats and Intellectuals should select the person who will rule

whats ur openion about islamic system

there are two types

1] According to Ahle Sunnah, Caliph is chosen from assembly of pious and technical men who sit and choose the leader.
2.] Shia belive Imam is a born Imam choosen by Allah. In his absence Fuqaha and Technocrats can select his Naib

I Think electing the leader must not be left on masses . Technocrats and Intellectuals should select the person who will rule

even i have got a similar view. but its quite hard to implement it. how are we gonna make sure that intellectuals and technocrats are not corrupt. these ppl will be few in number and if they are being sold out then ur country is screwed.

You are right; the masses do not have the thinking power to decide what is right and what is wrong; therefore the concept of Khilafa or Imamate.

I'm not against implementation of the sharia; any muslim in his right mind will not oppose sharia. It has even been unanimously agreed by all the ulema of all the sects in pakistan that the sharia should be implemented in accordance with the constitution of 73.

The problem is that although the ulemas agree to implement it; problems exist in lower levels of implementation; will the barelvis agree to be governed by deobandis or the opposite? Or will shias accept to be governed by the sunnis or vice versa? I know the argument will be that majority rules. Will that satisfy the minorities that they will not be undermined in the system? Lots of questions still remain to be answered; and how will you gauge the sincerity of the technocrats and the intellectuals?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom