What's new

Granting India transit rights through Pakistan to Afghanistan

Do practice what you preach get out of Pakistan part of Kashmir. Why bring in Kashmir in every thread?

Your country man said that trade is only way to end Indo-Pak enmity whereas we all, the entire world knows that the only bone of contention between India and Pakistan is Indian Held Kashmir. Not Azad Kashmir.

Thats why mentioning Kashmir is most important.

India will take care of itself keep your advice to yourself.

We Pakistani members have stopped mentioning Indian poverty or linking it with your defence spendings so better ask your countrymen not to bring the same viz viz Pakistan. i was only replying to your bhartya member.

What is CBM? its between two parties and it could never be one sided.

I will stop here I know my limits in this forum.

Since Musharraf era we have given one-sided CMBs to India.

We do not need to give more.

Oh please spare us of this poverty talk Mr Indian. Why dont Indian government divert billions rather trillions of dollars towards eradicating poverty in India after all India is far far pooerer than Pakistan.

And to hell with CBMs, Pakistan have given you too much CBMs now its your turn.

Statistically speaking, Pakistan's per capita income (PPP) is much below that of India (according to World Bank, IMF and CIA) and Pakistan spends a greater % of GDP on military compared to India.

Regarding CBMs, which ones r u talking about?

Free Kashmir, Get out of Kashmir and it will be an end to ever-ending enmity between India and Pakistan. That would be gain for entire region in terms of peace.

And in return would Pakistan be willing to return the land of 400,000 Kashmiri Pandits displaced due to the conflict?

If Kashmir is the only criteria for peace here... then continue with the military posturing against India. Fact remains that India can afford it, Pakistan can't. After all, for how long can one rely on US aid?

If peace is to prevail in South Asia, people need to become more realistic. Pakistan has been sticking to the Kashmir stance and nothing has happened apart from three inconclusive wars over Kashmir and an insurgency which has caused nothing but pain.

Pakistan knows that India is not going to get out of Kashmir and still Kashmir continues to be at the center of all peace talks.

Your country man said that trade is only way to end Indo-Pak enmity whereas we all, the entire world knows that the only bone of contention between India and Pakistan is Indian Held Kashmir. Not Azad Kashmir.

Thats why mentioning Kashmir is most important.

We Pakistani members have stopped mentioning Indian poverty or linking it with your defence spendings so better ask your countrymen not to bring the same viz viz Pakistan. i was only replying to your bhartya member.

Since Musharraf era we have given one-sided CMBs to India.

We do not need to give more.

The Kashmir is in news because of terrorist activities by nation known to rest of the world.
India does not believe in supporting terrorists.

One should understand meaning of CBM to comment on.

Good for us.. when 100 - 200 Trucks blast like US marine lag pata jayega lol

by the way " NEVER HAPPEN "

India will use this to its advantage to label Pakistan as "terrorist sponsoring" country and it would have its grounds to do all that propaganda. Is Pakistan government insane that they are eager creating a trap for the people of Pakistan? A single bullet fired on Indian convoy would mean violation of trade agreement and India might want to turn off our water-taps coming from Kashmir. These leaders would simply buy tickets and go to their country, but it will be we, the common people of Pakistan who will suffer any food, water, electricity and sustainability crises. No this hell thing must not start the first place.

NO Transit Trade for India. In return we are not going to get anything.. and even if we do, we wont sell our patriotic values to India. Fcuk this government, Fcuk people who are doing this under American pressure and Fcuk America, BIG TIME!

India will use this to its advantage to label Pakistan as "terrorist sponsoring" country and it would have its grounds to do all that propaganda. Is Pakistan government insane that they are eager creating a trap for the people of Pakistan? A single bullet fired on Indian convoy would mean violation of trade agreement and India might want to turn off our water-taps coming from Kashmir. These leaders would simply buy tickets and go to their country, but it will be we, the common people of Pakistan who will suffer any food, water, electricity and sustainability crises. No this hell thing must not start the first place.

NO Transit Trade for India. In return we are not going to get anything.. and even if we do, we wont sell our patriotic values to India. Fcuk this government, Fcuk people who are doing this under American pressure and Fcuk America, BIG TIME!

So.. you don't like Pakistani government. Obviously you hate India. And you hate USA too.

So much hatred is not good.. you know.

Last edited:
So.. you don't like Pakistani government. Obviously you hate India. And you hate USA too.

So much hatred is not good.. you know.

Forget about whom we love or hate. Just stick to the topic at hand.

And the topic is giving trade route to India which is not at all in favour of Pakistan simple as that.

And we do not need at all to gain Bhartya love at the cost of our economic, political, geo-political, and defence interests.

Free Kashmir, Get out of Kashmir and it will be an end to ever-ending enmity between India and Pakistan. That would be gain for entire region in terms of peace.

I think, indian should stop concpiring against Pakistan and Muslims all around the world. This will be enough for me.
I don't expect indans to declare that they will adhere to UN resolutions on Kashmir.

And to hell with CBMs, Pakistan have given you too much CBMs now its your turn.

I fully agree on this....CBM is only to fool the people of Pakistan.
No CBM will work as long indain army is running terroist camps in Afgahnistan.

India is 8 times bigger in population, nearly 12 times bigger in economy and produces far more goods than Pakistan does or can. Even if we overlook these aspects and consider Indian goods are only as good as ours, what is reason to create a competitor without any gains for the people of Pakistan?

Keep the trade/price and goods vs goods comparison aside, India is a hostile state that is keen to increase the influence in Afghanistan so it could support hostilities from the western side for Pakistan and it has been convicted for doing the same. These are so obvious reasons for not letting India any passage through us. Only a dumb-@ss would ask "why" people of Pakistan should oppose this transit trade route.

totally agree, someone tell how this is in pakistans interest?

What is next? This is a problem as RAW can easily use this transit for weapons trade into Pakistan

dude trust us once man :cheers: why do we have to destabilize Pakistan. We dont even want to destabilize Pakistan , we are ready to settle the border dispute by recognizing the actual line of control rite so we want to see a stable Pakistan with happy ppl who dont hate india or percive us as ur enemies coz we dont see u that way :cheers:

lets see this as a step which adds trust btw our nations

So are you trying to say that Pakistani goods cannot compete with Indian goods?

It is only through measures like these that economic cooperation between India and Pakistan could increase. With increasing economic cooperation, political cooperation would also increase.
Pakistan can't compete with Indian dumping policy. Indian are desperately looking for central and Middle Eastern transit route through Pakistan.

Statistically speaking, Pakistan's per capita income (PPP) is much below that of India (according to World Bank, IMF and CIA)

I love these posts by Indians...
According to the IMF:

Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

GDP Per capita:
2007: India 939.524; Pakistan 912.170
2008: India 1,016.158; Pakistan 1,044.485
2009: India 981.984; Pakistan 997.799
2010: India 1,007.891; Pakistan 1,028.596

:toast_sign:

Hint: you really don't want to see the India/China comparison. ;)

^^^ I mean seriously - can people please do simple fact checks on socio-economic indicators before ranting about 'your country is poorer than mine, and should therefore spend more money on poverty alleviation'?

I love these posts by Indians...
According to the IMF:

Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

GDP Per capita:
2007: India 939.524; Pakistan 912.170
2008: India 1,016.158; Pakistan 1,044.485
2009: India 981.984; Pakistan 997.799
2010: India 1,007.891; Pakistan 1,028.596

:toast_sign:

Hint: you really don't want to see the India/China comparison. ;)

Well agreed, with a population, nearly 1/8th the size of India, with only a few Dollars more in GDP per capita is a really big achievement.....Im sure you're proud of it.....and the poor in your country must walk around with a big head!!!

Now should we also start comparing the dollar figures on Poverty allevation, education etc. that we have spend in comparison to each other over the last 5 years....?

Lets be realistic.....Both our countries are poor.....trade will only help both our nations, along with the opportunity for people-to-people contact......
Lets not make this a defence issue.....Security can always be beefed up for such a scenario....but the benefits outweigh the cons.

Well agreed, with a population, nearly 1/8th the size of India, with only a few Dollars more in GDP per capita is a really big achievement.....Im sure you're proud of it.....and the poor in your country must walk around with a big head!!!

It's not a question of bragging, but setting the record straight.
Please read the tone of the post to which I was responding.

trade will only help both our nations, along with the opportunity for people-to-people contact......

This particular Trojan horse is far too dangerous. Considering the level of mistrust and our suspicions about Indian designs in Afghanistan and Balochistan, why on earth would we make it easier for India to connect with Afghanistan?

People-to-people contacts can be achieved far better through exchange of students, artists, tourists, etc. Visitors from either country would still need to report to the local police station in each city they visit, just like now.

Lets not make this a defence issue.....Security can always be beefed up for such a scenario....but the benefits outweigh the cons.

We can't babysit each and every truck all the way during transit. Even if India allows Pakistan to cross India and get to Bangladesh, the benefits still wouldn't add up. Would India allow Pakistani truckers to enter and roam freely throughout Kashmir?

Back
Top Bottom