What's new

Govt to question Yasin Malik, revoke passport: Sources

indian_foxhound

Reaction score
yasin280.jpg

Govt to question Yasin Malik, revoke passport: Sources

New Delhi: The government of India seems to have made up its mind to act against separatist leader Yasin Malik for sharing stage with India’s most wanted terrorist Hafiz Saeed in Pakistan and making anti-India comments.

Sources in the Ministry of Home Affairs told Zee News on Tuesday that Malik’s actions are not acceptable and warrant action from the government.

The JKLF leader may be questioned on arrival back to India and his passport may be revoked so as to prevent his travel to Pakistan again, sources said.

As per reports, the government is going through the details of Malik's recent Pakistan visits and his recent activities there. The focus of the probe is to ascertain if such elements are being sponsored by any state sponsors outside India.

Yesterday, responding to queries as to whether any action will be taken against Malik for sharing dais with the chief of the Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashker-e-Toiba, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said, "I will look into the case."

However, Malik has denied having anything to do with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed. He said that Saeed was one among the thousands who had come to express solidarity with him during his fast to mourn the hanging of Parliament attacker Afzal Guru.

“I was on hunger strike for 24 hours near Islamabad Press Club. Thousands of people came there including Hafiz Saeed, who came there for 15 minutes…where did the meeting take place?” he said.

“I did not meet Hafiz Saeed,” Malik stressed.

On him choosing to sit on a hunger strike while in Pakistan, he said, “It is my democratic right, I can protest anywhere in the world. Malik, who married Pakistani artist Mishal Malik in 2009, is in Pakistan on a private visit.

English Daily DNA claimed that Malik – as per Pakistani media - had called the hanging of Guru in Tihar Jail as an expression of extreme despotism and tyranny by the Indian government.

Hafiz Saeed also used the dais to renew his anti-India vitriolic agenda. He regarded Guru's hanging as continuing judicial terrorism by the Indian state for the past 65 years and vowed revenge.

Malik’s sharing a dais with the LeT Chief has created a flutter in India and led to a demand for cancelling his Indian passport.

Back
Top Bottom