What's new

Govt set to convert Gilgit-Baltistan into fifth province

My view:

Interesting yet anticipated move from Pakistan's part to further facilitate and null any opposition to the Chinese corridor. Will this change India's position to GB? No! Will it help Pak in any way? It could by more integration into the mainland. What about the legal status? India's claim stems from the transfer of powers by the maharajah of the whole state of Riyasat-e-Jammu-o-Kashmir while Pakistan as of now legally(there are some other arguments by Pak like Muslim majority but they are more emotional than legal) more or less used the 1948 UNSC unbinding resolution which makes the Muslim state a party to the resolution of the erstwhile state. The question now arises - if there were no legal repercussions why has Pakistan not taken the aforesaid decision at an earlier occasion? My personal opinion is that Pakistani politician(I still not believe the same about the currently weakened Army) have more or less accepted that they will not get any part of the Indian state. Moreover, we have to see whether this decision goes through or scuttles under pressure from Jihadis and Pak army.

Indians are hypocrites they took jundagh even though the nawab wanted to accede to pakistan but kashmir is treated differently if india is a so called democracy then why not have a referendum if you want peace in the sub continent then settle the issue I myself orginally from azad kashmir I want peace in the sub continent.

Pakistan should immediately make GB the 5th province.

And there are strong reasons for doing that.

1. GB people overwhelmingly want to be part of Pakistan and want a provincial status. We all know that
2. GB can be a province and can also not violate UN resolution at the same time. The legal experts can work on this.
3. India has no interest in resolving Kashmir issue and won't mind killing the whole civilian population of IOK to continue its occupation or continuing with status quo for next 100 years.
4. So if India has no interest in resolving Kashmir issue then it is unjust to punish people of GB for bullish behavior of India.

People of IOK need to understand that we cannot wait next 100 years and punish people of more than 72000 sq km who are fiercely patriotic and love this country. They need to devise a strategy for their freedom just like people o GB acted on their own for their freedom.

GB can no longer be made to suffer for historical mistakes of Kashmiris and brutal occupation of India.

Will that in anyway reduce the suffering there ?

Yes instead of paramilitary like CRPF it would be civilian RSS goons from different parts of India who would shoot pellets in eyes of Kashmiris.

Excellent news bringing GB in mainstream and giving GB public what they deserve and seek.

Thank you Pakistan for diluting the Kashmir issue. This is a positive step by Pakistan towards maintaining the status quo in J&K. Although I may not agree with the reasons you are giving.
1. I disagree that GB people want to be part of Pakistan. Turtok village and surrounding area is also part of GB region who would like to be with India.
2. You separate GB from J&K and you lose moral claim over Kashmir. Now your legal eagle can start looking for loop holes but fact will remain fact.
3. Unlike Pakistan, India never uses its airforce on its own citizens. Kashmiris are our citizens and we will never use air force or deadly weapons to contain an insurgency like you do in FATA and Baluchistan. By separating GB from J&K you are helping us maintain status quo for a thousand years or until all parts of J&K unites with India.
4. So you admit that you have been punishing the people of GB region of J&K and you will continue doing so with the rest of J&K under your occupation. If you are making one part of J&K a full province then what crime is done by the remaining people?

Thank you for realizing that 1000 years war would only bring misery. I hope the separatists of J&K will now realize that Pakistan can not wait for 100 years. It cares for GB people more than the Kashmiri speaking people under its occupation. I foresee the beginning of a prolonged peace in J&K.

India doesn't need anything from Pakistan to dilute anything. IT is already killing and blinding kids in its effort to dilute kashmir issue.

1. You can disagree all you want but that won't change the reality. GB wants to be part of Pakistan. Turtuk if under our administration would have wanted the same. Very weak logic like always by Indians to deny reality.

2. We can too play with legalities like India is playing with them for past 70 years. Pakistan waiting for the resolution of Kashmir allowing India to play around words and technicalities was a big mistake. This mistake needs to be reversed. Our moral claim would be there it is right now even after making GB fifth province. Indians never cared about Pakistan's moral claim so Pakistan shouldn't bother about Indian claims today either. Our support to Kashmiri freedom movement would continue in the similar manner just like today.

3. Pakistan faced deaths of 50000 civilians to use airforce against terrorists and not against civilians like Indians normally do in IOK. One APS like massacre in India and I am sure India would have been even using chemical weapons against civilians in IOK like they are shamelessly using guns to kill animals against kashmiri teenagers. India never needed help from Pakistan to continue status quo so it is about time Pakistan cuts the sh!t and show India a middle finger on GB that should have been shown long ago.

4. Yes it was a punishment. It didn't resulted in massacres like in IOK but still it created a lot of problems for patriotic people of GB. AJK people don't want to be province of Pakistan till Kashmir is resolved. We respect their opinion and aren't making them our province. GB of people want to be our province and hence we are respecting their position too albeit late.

You can keep wishing for "separatists" to accept your occupation. Not our problem. Its time for Pakistan to give people of GB what they deserve and call India's bluff of legalities and technicalities. No need to further play by these bogus technicalities and legalities when you are facing a land grabber like India.

The most important aspect are the legal issues, not political and not academic. Changing the status of a disputed territory is bound to be complicated.
GB people been asking for this status for 50 years. It's Chinese pressure otherwise they keep on hanging to keep India happy. China want GB once for all officially a part of Pakistan. These people been oppressed by " commissionery system " , which is curse for the development of that area. No elected official and abuse of fund by few govt officials appointed by central govt.
China want to secure CPEC through GB. In coming days India might raise the status of GB in UN to make CPEC controversial.

Last edited:
India doesn't need anything from Pakistan to dilute anything. IT is already killing and blinding kids in its effort to dilute kashmir issue.

1. You can disagree all you want but that won't change the reality. GB wants to be part of Pakistan. Turtuk if under our administration would have wanted the same. Very weak logic like always by Indians to deny reality.

2. We can too play with legalities like India is playing with them for past 70 years. Pakistan waiting for the resolution of Kashmir allowing India to play around words and technicalities was a big mistake. This mistake needs to be reversed. Our moral claim would be there it is right now even after making GB fifth province. Indians never cared about Pakistan's moral claim so Pakistan shouldn't bother about Indian claims today either. Our support to Kashmiri freedom movement would continue in the similar manner just like today.

3. Pakistan faced deaths of 50000 civilians to use airforce against terrorists and not against civilians like Indians normally do in IOK. One APS like massacre in India and I am sure India would have been even using chemical weapons against civilians in IOK like they are shamelessly using guns to kill animals against kashmiri teenagers. India never needed help from Pakistan to continue status quo so it is about time Pakistan cuts the sh!t and show India a middle finger on GB that should have been shown long ago.

4. Yes it was a punishment. It didn't resulted in massacres like in IOK but still it created a lot of problems for patriotic people of GB. AJK people don't want to be province of Pakistan till Kashmir is resolved. We respect their opinion and aren't making them our province. GB of people want to be our province and hence we are respecting their position too albeit late.

You can keep wishing for "separatists" to accept your occupation. Not our problem. Its time for Pakistan to give people of GB what they deserve and call India's bluff of legalities and technicalities. No need to further play by these bogus technicalities and legalities when you are facing a land grabber like India.

Hear, hear! :yahoo:
I ve been advocating this for a while now.

Hear, hear! :yahoo:
I ve been advocating this for a while now.

Same here. Its like India can do whatever sh!t it wants to in its occupied territory from establishing new graveyards to mass r@pes like Kunan Pushpora but Pakistan shouldn't give a simple status to its people just because of few legalities. Where are the same legalities when Indians are using guns meant to tame animals against civilians in Srinagar?

F*ck this. Lets welcome GB to the family of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Same here. Its like India can do whatever sh!t it wants to in its occupied territory from establishing new graveyards to mass r@pes like Kunan Pushpora but Pakistan shouldn't give a simple status to its people just because of few legalities. Where are the same legalities when Indians are using guns meant to tame animals against civilians in Srinagar?

F*ck this. Lets welcome GB to the family of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Yes. Un becharo ne kya bigara hai? And thankfully, with CPEC, the incentive to do so is high.

Back
Top Bottom