What's new

Govt releases six billion for Pak Railways

Train fare from far south to say--Delhi would cost only around 500 rupees on sleeper class.

Railways can be incredibly cheap if its well developed.

In India its kept cheap by cross subsidy..but yes, its cheaper than any other means. Also as India is a large country, travelling bus bus for long distances is a no-no.

yes i agree with you but problem is railways employs want to finish it lolz one of the most corrupt institution is railways . i hope pakistan privatized both railways and PIA 49%

privatisation is not good for common people. not yet atlest. pakistan needs to wait a few yrs to reach that level.

development of highways only makes sence if auto industry is booming. only then large scale construction of highways can take plane. i checked pakistani highways out. there are many problems.

govt can build highways but is hard for them to make money back from this investment as there are not enough commuters. there is complete mis match in pakistan. high ways, auto and rails all have to function together and grow together.

learn from the examples of india, japan and china.

in pakistan they earn t back and building more and more motorways sir jee you know how ?

we have toll plaza system you have to pay for drive out of city :lol:

Peshawar-Tool-Plaza.jpg

20042006019.jpg

800px-M1_Peshawar_Toll_Plaza.jpg

2691280.jpg

20042006105.jpg

Pakistan_Motorway_Islamabad_Toll-Plaza_E_Express_Way.JPG

4937543584_86a2b13dfd_z.jpg

in pakistan they earn t back and building more and more motorways sir jee you know how ?

we have tool palaza system you have to pay for drive out of city :lol:

You should have a decent enough automobile sector providing cars to the public at a reasonable price to make this profitable.

Atleast the trains will work rather than being in railyards.

yeah but then govt which is already poor willl become more poor. it makes sence for metros and city transport, i dont know a nations that has private rails. atlest not here in canada.

its race . if gov sucks then what else you think ? private companies give best services and on time with respect and well services .

look now one of the best daewoo pakistan cost 3750 rupees from karachi to islo bus fares .

look now in private you should go nearest daewoo station
Nah i can sit in same position in bus for a long journey from khi-isb.Atleast in train you can lie on berth.or can walk around a bit.major problem for womenfolk by travelling by bus is toilets atleast train has that option.Greyhound has in bus toilets thats one thing i like to see in buses in india ...a bio toilet like trains.

You should have a decent enough automobile sector providing cars to the public at a reasonable price to make this profitable.

maybe they r getting long term loans from japan or china. anyways man i think over alll the situation is huge miss match or economics.

i didnt see it this way its medium country with medium distance . abut cars i think they are already damn enough in pakistan .1.5 million cars units coming on road every year and we rely on roads more then any other thing now

yeah but then govt which is already poor willl become more poor. it makes sence for metros and city transport, i dont know a nations that has private rails. atlest not here in canada.

US had their railways under private management since its inception.

Instead of making huge losses, it should be given to private sector who knows how to run it. Another idea is let the private parties handle goods business and using that income let Govt run the passenger trains.

Nah i can sit in same position in bus for a long journey from khi-isb.Atleast in train you can lie on berth.or can walk around a bit.major problem for womenfolk by travelling by bus is toilets atleast train has that option.

in new daewoo buses there is toilets

480962059_426.JPG

otherwise pay 6000+ and go by air :lol:

Rail is great for transferring goods.. as far as people.. Bus runs everywhere now.

Nah i can sit in same position in bus for a long journey from khi-isb.Atleast in train you can lie on berth.or can walk around a bit.major problem for womenfolk by travelling by bus is toilets atleast train has that option.
Buses do make stops depending on the destination, I travelled from Abbottabad to Lahore on daewoo (1,000 rupees each way) and we did stop more thn 4 times. I would choose buses over trains anyday, unless they are high speed trains

maybe they r getting long term loans from japan or china. anyways man i think over alll the situation is huge miss match or economics.

for what loans man ? problem is you guys think only one sided damn . its since early 90 pakistan working on motorways its hard work of FWO army and civil govs . and there is no way to escape then pay money on toll plazaz and taxes on cars too its not a stone age lalaland :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom