What's new

Govt plans to quadruple meat production

India is ahead only cause of economic ground... and BD`s GDP is hugely underestimated and other is literacy rate where in between 1971-1990 a big segment of the population remained illeterate but recent enrollment rate has reached 99% but old people`s illiteracy is keeping the average literacy rate low... Apart from that India is behind in most of the category... I would like to refer to Mr. Amritya Sen`s comment as I have provided already many comparison.

Once the GDP is updated there wont be any difference in HDI and withing 3-5 years if government can increase literacy rate further Bangladesh will overtake India for sure considering there is not much difference exist already ... India has a HDI of .54 and Bangladesh .5.

Normal HDI takes 3 factors in consideration

GDP/Capita - India is ahead due to up to date base year.
Literacy - India is ahead due to non existence of actual test and the definition is different than BD. In India a 7 years old kid is considered as literate. But in BD you got to have skill of 5th grade to be considered as literate.
Health - BD is ahead.

Now do your math.

In Multi Dimensional HDI where all other things along with this 3 taken into consideration BD is far ahead of India.

India is ahead only cause of economic ground... and BD`s GDP is hugely underestimated and other is literacy rate where in between 1971-1990 a big segment of the population remained illeterate but recent enrollment rate has reached 99% but old people`s illiteracy is keeping the average literacy rate low... Apart from that India is behind in most of the category... I would like to refer to Mr. Amritya Sen`s comment as I have provided already many comparison.

Once the GDP is updated there wont be any difference in HDI and withing 3-5 years if government can increase literacy rate further Bangladesh will overtake India for sure considering there is not much difference exist already ... India has a HDI of .54 and Bangladesh .5.
overtake India??

139 India 74.1
64 Bangladesh 55.9

I am :rofl:ing

GDP/Capita - India is ahead due to up to date base year.

what a logic!!!
Literacy - India is ahead due to non existence of actual test and the definition is different than BD. In India a 7 years old kid is considered as literate. But in BD you got to have skill of 5th grade to be considered as literate.

you need to have a PhD in bangladesh to be considered literate???
Health - BD is ahead.
:rofl:

overtake India??

139 India 74.1
64 Bangladesh 55.9

what a logic!!!

you need to have a PhD in bangladesh to be considered literate???

:rofl:

Current literacy rate is 64%...and increasing rapidly. Though government has a target to make Bangladesh illeteracy free by 2014 it may not happen but by 2018-2020 it can be a reality. But for India it may not possible ever. big plus is we have achieved 99% enrollment rate and female enrollment rate is higher then the boys where in India female are lagged behind the boys by a big margin.

WorldMapLiteracy2011.png

overtake India??

139 India 74.1
64 Bangladesh 55.9

Current literacy rate is 64%... big plus is we have achieved 99% enrollment rate and female enrollment rate is higher then the boys where in India female are lagged behind the boys by a big margin.

who said??64%??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate

More importantly in Bangladesh those who can express themselves in writing are defined as literate where as in India only read and write are considered as literate ... write means only signing.

. We could better use our time and land to high tech stuffs and let the Indian do the low tech thingy for us.

very very low tech India

550407_419949151383543_1569224439_n.jpg

More importantly in Bangladesh those who can express themselves in writing are defined as literate where as in India only read and write are considered as literate ... write means only signing.

so UN calculated literacy rate in India abd BD using diffrent parameters???

so UN calculated literacy rate in India abd BD using diffrent parameters???

Every country define their own parameter regardless UN. In USA, you need to complete 8th grade formal to be considered as literate. In BD its 5th grade formal or informal.

In BD primary education is compulsory.

just an other day in pdf!!!
BD members here think that India is destroying their country...
and they are super rich and ahead of Indians in all areas:rofl:
some on even said BD is quite ahead of India in shipbuilding:rofl:
they recently built a 6100 tonne displacement ship(BD's largest)
Should have understood that Cochin shipyards first ship in 1981 was 76,000 tonne:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom