What's new

Govt Nominates OFB to Develop Combat Vehicle

OFB was to compete with TATA, LnT, etc on equal terms to get into that 2 company shortlist slot. Now supposedly this government rewrote the rules to automatically make OFB a third design agency without even competiting like the original plan.
Even IF this is the case- the private players will HUMILIATE the OFB with what they come up with- it won't be a fair competiton just by the nature of the superiority the private sector will have in their designs and quality over the OFB. OFB being given a slot amongst the "finalists" may be a bone thrown to the DPSUs that may actually help the private sector cause in the long run.

When it is empirically proven they can beat an established DPSU in an open competition- imagine what a blow that will be to those DPSUs! This will be the first major blow to their racket and open for the whole world to see. They won't be able to cry afterwards that they weren't allowed to compete in equal terms with the private sector, they won't be allowed to claim that the GoI is favouring the private sector- their products will compete with those of the private sector, and they WILL lose.

Man, I really hope so.
It's going to be fun to watch, trust me ;)

A LOT of myths (propogated by the DPSUs) are going to be busted in this competition, and the DPSUs (and perhaps all PSUs by extentsion) are going to be left exposed.

To me this is a clear sign of perform or perish.

Even IF this is the case- the private players will HUMILIATE the OFB with what they come up with- it won't be a fair competiton just by the nature of the superiority the private sector will have in their designs and quality over the OFB. OFB being given a slot amongst the "finalists" may be a bone thrown to the DPSUs that may actually help the private sector cause in the long run.

When it is empirically proven they can beat an established DPSU in an open competition- imagine what a blow that will be to those DPSUs! This will be the first major blow to their racket and open for the whole world to see. They won't be able to cry afterwards that they weren't allowed to compete in equal terms with the private sector, they won't be allowed to claim that the GoI is favouring the private sector- their products will compete with those of the private sector, and they WILL lose.

It's going to be fun to watch, trust me ;)

A LOT of myths (propogated by the DPSUs) are going to be busted in this competition, and the DPSUs (and perhaps all PSUs by extentsion) are going to be left exposed.

To me this is a clear sign of perform or perish.

First blow was when they lost to L&T in the tracked 155mm/52cal integration deal. With L&T to produce another armored manufacturing plant that will now forever cut into OFB's share of the pie. Boy was that sweet....

First blow was when they lost to L&T in the tracked 155mm/52cal integration deal. With L&T to produce another armored manufacturing plant that will now forever cut into OFB's share of the pie. Boy was that sweet....
Surely L&T are now superbly postioned to secure the MGS deal too (with their AL chassis-CAESAR offering)- that will be a beautiful moment, L&T would become a real force to be recokened with (more than it already is) then.

L&T and TATA are two entities I will trust above all else in the defence industry above anyone else (Reliance is the ugly sister we simply have to accept unfortunetly). If the KESTRAL isn't ample evidence for how things should be done (DRDO R&D, outsourcing production to the private sector in an open RFP) I don't know what is.

I can only drool at the prospect of either TATA or L&T being given the opportunity to create a seperate LCA production line to churn out LCAs in parallel to HAL- I am willing to bet that after a few years of teething issues the private entity's production line would start outperforming HAL's. This is the only way the racket is going to be broken- direct comparative evidence, that way no one can step foreward and continue to peddle the typical myths in favour of DPSUs.

OFB:bad: bunch of over payed incompetent babus, they lack innovation and ideas and if someone has the talent they will never allow him, mainly OFBs are located in West Bengal a state full of strikes and unions, and i am sure they will surely produce a tin can unfit to field it even in Maldives.
this Kurdish man is better than the big OFBs
View attachment 287767
LOL looks like college students project. It's a shame that we have to replace our armored vehicles with comprising our national interest

Back
Top Bottom