What's new

Govt Crackdown on the Islamabad protesters | Updates & Discussions

Ok, now there's a difference between a legal demand and a perfectly legal demand?

Told you we were not discussing the way he adopted - peaceful or violent, that's not the point. Point is about the legality or illegality of the demand.

Please consider this analogy: It is legal to pee inside one's house, preferably in a toilet. Peeing in the middle of the street in full public view is illegal. I hope you can see how the act of expressing the designated act makes all the difference?

Please consider this analogy: It is legal to pee inside one's house, preferably in a toilet. Peeing in the middle of the street in full public view is illegal. I hope you can see how the act of expressing the designated act makes all the difference?

Oh man, it's not about peeing in toilet or right in the middle of street, it's about having the right to pee, it's about whether one can take a pee or not. How one takes a pee is not the point in focus here. Please maintain a difference between raising a demand and adopting ways to ensure demand is accepted.

Oh man, it's not about peeing in toilet or right in the middle of street, it's about having the right to pee. How one takes a pee is not the point in focus here. Please maintain a difference between raising a demand and adopting ways to ensure demand is accepted.

The right to pee is not universal, with regards to location, is it? Having a right does not imply a blanket right to use it anywhere without distinction. This is the old shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater vs. a right of freedom of expression, in a way.

The right to pee is not universal, with regards to location, is it? Having a right does not imply a blanket right to use it anywhere without distinction. This is the old shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater vs. a right of freedom of expression, in a way.

But one still enjoys the right to pee regardless of location, isn't it?

So what you are saying is - you have a right to pee but if you pee in middle of street or in blanket you lose the right to pee.

No, the expression of a right is subject to the law, that is all.

No, the expression of a right is subject to the law, that is all.

Where did I argue that? Find me a post of mine where I have argued that the way IK had adopted to express his right was legal or illegal?

Where did I argue that? Find me a post of mine where I have argued that the way IK had adopted to express his right was legal or illegal?

No, not you, it was me who is arguing that IK has a right to his opinion, but its expression in the way that he did was not legal.

Back
Top Bottom