eastwatch

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Land for Padma bridge - bdnews24.com

Land for Padma bridge
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2013-06-24 09:20:26.0 Updated: 2013-06-24 09:45:09.0

The government has acquired 2,452 acres of land in three districts -- Shariatpur, Madaripur, Munshiganj -- for constructing the Padma bridge which is Bangladesh biggest ever infrastructure project.

The land-loosers will be adequately compensated and nearly Tk 10 billion has been earmarked for the purpose, Land Minister Rezaul Karim Hira told Parliament on Monday.

"We have already paid compensation to 12,532 land owners for acquisition. All whose lands have been taken over will be compensated."

The $2.9 billion Padma project was a pre-poll commitment of the Awami League-led ruling coalition.

The World Bank had pledged $1.2 billion with the ADB and the JICA promising another $1 billion between themselves.

But the global lender stopped funding raising graft allegations and agreed to resume on condition the government would cooperate with its investigation.

In January this year, the Bangladesh government withdrew the funding request and decided to do the bridge with its own resources.

A Tk 68.5 billion allocation for the bridge has been earmakred in the 2013-14 budget.

Communications Minister Obaidul Quader said a Tk 91 billion tender will be floated on June 30 for construction of the main structure of the bridge.

In response to a question of BNP MP Rehana Akhter Ranu, the Land Minister said that 62, 201 of the country's 127,047 landless families were given khas land (state-owned land) after his government came to power in January 2009.

To a question from Awami League MP Abdur Rahman Badir, the minister said that 1.1 million acres of khas land in the country – was under agriculture, and 636,225 acres of khas land was used for other purposes.

After implementation of Vested Property Return Act, 167,318 cases have been filed in concerned tribunals and 7,622 of them have already been disposed of, he said in response to another question.

Best of luck to Bangladeshi Brother's on this Project :cheers:

@arp2041 :what:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I was planning on buying some Bengal black goat for my farm.Thanks to AL now I know where they can graze.:omghaha:

Finally, I was planning on buying some Bengal black goat for my farm.Thanks to AL now I know where they can graze.:omghaha:

Do not be so negative!!! It is not AL who is buying the land for the bridge. It is the govt of BD who is doing the purchasing. I know you understand the difference. So, do not buy a chagol now. Better save your two Taka in the Bank that will give you more interest money to feed your own stomach. In the meantime, let the govt start building the bridge next year, hopefully.

Another Padma thread?:coffee:

Yes. But, get ready for many more threads because the next govt will also publish many new reports. We are from SW and we need this bridge urgently. BKZ has already declared she will also build another one in Paturia.

Another Padma thread?:coffee:

Yes. But, get ready for many more threads because the next govt will also publish many new reports. We are from SW and we need this bridge urgently.

BKZ has already declared she will also build another one in Paturia. One cheer to SHW and three cheers to BKZ.

People should reject Khaleda, along with Hasina for talking about two Parma bridges without explaining where that money will come from.

Yes. But, get ready for many more threads because the next govt will also publish many new reports. We are from SW and we need this bridge urgently.

BKZ has already declared she will also build another one in Paturia. One cheer to SHW and three cheers to BKZ.

Unless significant, post them in the stickies.

It'd be better to develop the Dhaka-Chittagong infrastructure for starters.

This whole Padma affair is all political.

Nearly seventy percent of the nation's logistical operations occur through the Dhaka-Chittagong route. Right now, it takes sixteen hours for just a one-way trip. They should focus on significantly reducing that time.

Unless significant, post them in the stickies.

It'd be better to develop the Dhaka-Chittagong infrastructure for starters.

This whole Padma affair is all political.

Nearly seventy percent of the nation's logistical operations occur through the Dhaka-Chittagong route. Right now, it takes sixteen hours for just a one-way trip. They should focus on significantly reducing that time.

Do you think gov is not working on that.
Dhaka-Ctg 4-lane highway project set to get Tk 5.0b :: Financial Express :: Financial Newspaper of Bangladesh

Which makes me depressed is Padma Bridge. For which south-westerns waited a long.

Why was Parul banned suddenly?

For continuous troll.

Back
Top Bottom