What's new

Government servants should not hold dual nationality. Ali Mohammad Khan

This is why India doesn’t allow dual citizenship.

Dual national Pakistanis should have the right to vote. If our remittances is what is keeping the country afloat then we have the right to vote in Pakistan to ensure parties like pmln and ppp don’t come into power because they will use our hard earned dollars on properties for them self.
Voting is a right for every citizen be it dual national or whatever!

Perhaps overseas Pakistans can serve as consultants or on think tanks, but not as officials.

Pakistan should take advantage of the experience, knowledge and expertise of many overseas Pakistanis. They should be hired in think tanks to help and guide Pakistani officials to make Pakistan progress.

Dual national Pakistanis should have the right to vote. If our remittances is what is keeping the country afloat then we have the right to vote in Pakistan to ensure parties like pmln and ppp don’t come into power because they will use our hard earned dollars on properties for them self.
Voting is a right for every citizen be it dual national or whatever!

Pakistan should take advantage of the experience, knowledge and expertise of many overseas Pakistanis. They should be hired in think tanks to help and guide Pakistani officials to make Pakistan progress.

Other countries don't even allow their citizens to keep their nationality, they have to give it up, so almost zero rights.
Pakistan already gives plenty of rights. The lack of right to vote doesn't stop anyone from helping Pakistan, nor does it make you less patriotic.

The biggest issue with these silly rights, they will have almost zero impact, is that the expats will spend too much active time in Pakistani politics, whereas should be concentrating on the domestic politics of the country they live in, not be spending their time and energy on Pakistan. The 230 million are fully capable, they are not kids.

If you have a foreign passport, you should concentrate on political life of your country of residence, not Pakistan. We have plenty of rights already.

Such right will set you back, nah yahan kay, nah wahan kay. Enjoy limited rights and move on, that's the best solution. If someone wants full rights as local citizens, then they can move back.

Other countries don't even allow their citizens to keep their nationality, they have to give it up, so almost zero rights.
Pakistan already gives plenty of rights. The lack of right to vote doesn't stop anyone from helping Pakistan, nor does it make you less patriotic.

The biggest issue with these silly rights, they will have almost zero impact, is that the expats will spend too much active time in Pakistani politics, whereas should be concentrating on the domestic politics of the country they live in, not be spending their time and energy on Pakistan. The 230 million are fully capable, they are not kids.

If you have a foreign passport, you should concentrate on political life of your country of residence, not Pakistan. We have plenty of rights already.

Such right will set you back, nah yahan kay, nah wahan kay. Enjoy limited rights and move on, that's the best solution. If someone wants full rights as local citizens, then they can move back.

I’m dual national Canadian and Pakistani. Both countries give me full rights.
Government workers in Pakistan shouldn’t have dual citizenship but any Pakistani citizen has the right to vote.
Pakistan is a democracy. Democracy is made up of the people. A citizen means you belong to the country. I can be dual national but since I have Pakistani citizenship I belong to it so therefore I have every right to vote and have a say in how the country works.

If my remittances is what’s keeping Pakistan afloat, I have every right to vote for a government who’ll put my hard earned dollars to good use!

Even if we stay 1000 years in Britain we'll never be seen to be British. It's foolish to think otherwise. We might be legally, we might be through centuries of residence, we might have English names. Follow English religions but we'll always be the other.

You only have to look at the weekly racism Black British Footballers experience. These people are so British they don't even know of thier ancestry - yet they are still having bananas thrown at them and being told to go back to Africa.

Romany gypsies migrated to Europe over a millenia ago. Europeans kept them in ghettos, they never accepted them - they're outcastes to this day. If you look at them even after a millenia many are still dark skinned Asians in appearance.

The Jews of Europe are of the same blood as them. You cannot tell them apart walking in the street. They hold influence and power yet still get spit on in the streets today. The Nazis tried to wipe them out. The local populations of nazi occupied Europe assisted in finding the Jews and handing them over to the Nazis.

Anyone who thinks they've migrated abroad and belong here is a fool. We're tolerated for now. If you cut off ties with your own land your future generations will be like the Indian Muslims today or worse.

I will sign that in blood I am so sure of it.

Even if we stay 1000 years in Britain we'll never be seen to be British. It's foolish to think otherwise. We might be legally, we might be through centuries of residence, we might have English names. Follow English religions but we'll always be the other.

You only have to look at the weekly racism Black British Footballers experience. These people are so British they don't even know of thier ancestry - yet they are still having bananas thrown at them and being told to go back to Africa.

Romany gypsies migrated to Europe over a millenia ago. Europeans kept them in ghettos, they never accepted them - they're outcastes to this day. If you look at them even after a millenia many are still dark skinned Asians in appearance.

The Jews of Europe are of the same blood as them. You cannot tell them apart walking in the street. They hold influence and power yet still get spit on in the streets today. The Nazis tried to wipe them out. The local populations of nazi occupied Europe assisted in finding the Jews and handing them over to the Nazis.

Anyone who thinks they've migrated abroad and belong here is a fool. We're tolerated for now. If you cut off ties with your own land your future generations will be like the Indian Muslims today or worse.

Bhai jaan, I don't know if I should laugh or take it seriously.
Yaar what has that got to do with the topic in this thread?

I know what you are saying, and to an extant I agree, although I am more hopeful.
But, please tell me what has this got to do with my comments, or this discussion, it really does not make sense.

Exactly.
Pakistan is my identity, Pakistan is my blood.
Any Pakistani citizen should have the right to vote!

GCC guys without dual citizenship deserve voting rights and they send most of the remittances
not people in Europe or US

Check the stats. European and US Pakistanis still send in billions. If those billions stop Pakistan would be in a very bad shape today.
We overseas Pakistanis work hard and still save money to send back home to family. Money doesn’t grow on trees many overseas Pakistanis work as taxi drivers, Uber drivers, in restaurants and work overtime just to make ends meet and still send hundreds weekly back to Pakistan.

Have fun running Pakistan without overseas remittances 😂😂😂

Sir gg, you are being extremely unfair.

What does that have to do with the right to vote? He is not saying anything against overseas Pakistanis, there is a long list of rights already given, other then voting.

Plus, people send money to their families, if you don't want to send, then please don't. And, if you think you are owed something for helping your country, then there is something wrong with that approach, seriously wrong.

Citizens of other countries send a lot more money, but they don't cry about it, and they are given a lot less rights by their countries then what overseas Pakistanis get, your approach is truly sad.

Only a overseas Pakistani knows the struggles of a overseas Pakistanis. Y’all think it’s easy, probably is easy if you were right already, but majority of us living pay check to pay check and still sending money back home.
I haven’t seen 1 Pakistani family here who hasn’t first built a home and property back home before building it in the country they live in.

Check the stats. European and US Pakistanis still send in billions. If those billions stop Pakistan would be in a very bad shape today.
We overseas Pakistanis work hard and still save money to send back home to family. Money doesn’t grow on trees many overseas Pakistanis work as taxi drivers, Uber drivers, in restaurants and work overtime just to make ends meet and still send hundreds weekly back to Pakistan.
The GCC guys don't have foreign passports, we in the west have foreign passports. It is ridiculous to give us votes because our lives are here, we are not going to go back. The GCC guys will return one day, so they should have a say.

Sir gg, you are being extremely unfair.

What does that have to do with the right to vote? He is not saying anything against overseas Pakistanis, there is a long list of rights already given, other then voting.

Plus, people send money to their families, if you don't want to send, then please don't. And, if you think you are owed something for helping your country, then there is something wrong with that approach, seriously wrong.

Citizens of other countries send a lot more money, but they don't cry about it, and they are given a lot less rights by their countries then what overseas Pakistanis get, your approach is truly sad.
Pakistan is a democracy right?
Democracy is made up by the people.
A citizen means you belong to that country you are the people who make it up.
Democracy gives every citizen a right to vote.

If Pakistan wasn’t a democracy one could say don’t give overseas Pakistanis a right to vote. However we are a democracy so every citizen is allowed to vote.

The GCC guys don't have foreign passports, we in the west have foreign passports. It is ridiculous to give us votes because our lives are here, we are not going to go back. The GCC guys will return one day, so they should have a say.
Many western Pakistanis return back to Pakistan.
Many people retire them move to Pakistan permanently in fact I haven’t seen one family who hasn’t.
Also no matter how long we stay in the west or if we have their passport or not, west is never going to truly except us.
West always looks down on us.
Pakistan will forever be where we belong from and our true identity.

Back
Top Bottom