What's new

Government plans nuclear missile shield in Delhi

No one is going bankrupt. Our economy is improving according worlds financial institutions. Plus only 3% of our GDP is being spent on military budget. So i see no signs of any bankruptcy. Sorry to disappoint you.

Only 3 %?

Do you understand that this amount is not small and 3% figure is high?

I strongly believe Zionist Jews and Christians are funding & preparing India to Start WWIII with Pakistan, India will soon be able to take out major Cities of Pakistan with Nukes but Pakistan will not be able to take out Major Cities of India

This is the beginning of End, Modi Government was brought in Power to destroy Pakistan, this was the Plan hatch by Zionist Jews after Pakistan Nuke blast and it will be done for greater Israel
aye buddy cool down........nothing like that......if India was so evil, we would had attacked Pakistan way back in 1980's............do not get worried India believes in NFU......its ur internal threats that are going to demolish ur empire.....

A lie. India doesn't spend 1.74%. Stop living in delusions.
USA spends 4.35%
Russia spends 4.4%
Israel spends 5.7%
KSA spends 8%

Yes India does spend 1.74%.

And don't even compare Pakistan's per capita income or economy with that of USA, Russia, Israel or KSA. They are all developed countries with high income and string economy.

Table 1: Comparative Statistics of Defence Budget: 2013-14 & 2014-15 (Interim)

2013-14 2014-15 (I)
Defence Budget (Rs in Crore) 203672.12 224000.00
Growth of Defence Budget (%) 5.31 9.98
Revenue Expenditure (Rs in Crore) 116931.41 134412.05
Growth of Revenue Expenditure (%) 2.73 14.95
Share of Revenue Expenditure in Defence Budget (%) 57.41 60.01
Capital Expenditure (Rs in Crore) 86740.71 89587.95
Growth of Capital Expenditure (%) 9.00 3.28
Share of Capital Expenditure in Defence Budget (%) 42.59 39.99
Capital Acquisition (Rs in Crore) 73444.59 75779.66*
Growth of Capital Acquisition (%) 11.23 3.18*
Share of Defence Budget in GDP (%) 1.80 1.74
Share of Defence Budget in Central Government Expenditure (%) 12.23 12.70

India’s Interim Defence Budget 2014-15: An Appraisal | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses

India's Defense Spending Boost Won't Be As High, Sources Say | Defense News | defensenews.com

India Military Budget

Yes India does spend 1.74%.

And don't even compare Pakistan's per capita income or economy with that of USA, Russia, Israel or KSA. They are all developed countries with high income and string economy.
Meaning of percentage is lost on you. There is a reason spending is considered in GDP % terms rather than raw money. But i dont have the time to educate ignorants.
I'll take the CIA world fact book over your source anyday. Sorry pal. 1.74% is just an utter lie, don't be fooled by it.

Meaning of percentage is lost on you. There is a reason spending is considered in GDP % terms rather than raw money. But i dont have the time to educate ignorants.
I'll take the CIA world fact book over your source anyday. Sorry pal. 1.74% is just an utter lie, don't be fooled by it.

I see. I have proved by point with data and sources and that CIA source is very old. Now compare the situation, Pakistan's govt can't even pay the IMF loans and asking for bailout...

$6.7b IMF bailout: If needed, Pakistan may introduce mini-budget
http://tribune.com.pk/story/732605/6-7b-imf-bailout-if-needed-pakistan-may-introduce-mini-budget/

ISLAMABAD:
In a bid to keep the $6.7 billion bailout programme afloat, Pakistan has assured the International Monetary Fund (IMF) that it will introduce a mini-budget and slow down development spending to create a cushion of Rs145 billion in case problems arise in delivering the budget deficit target.

Earlier,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Saudi Arabia come to Pakistan’s Rescue with $15 Billion Energy Bailout Deal
Saudi Arabia come to Pakistan’s Rescue with $15 Billion Energy Bailout Deal

Oh yes, poor india is under siege 24/7 that it needs a nuclear shield now.
your reverse engineered 2750 km missile is no more threat to new Delhi......Indian Strategic forces command practices on monthly basis to demolish such missiles in exo atmosphere and that to in head on collision as well as tail chase mode........your country is very far away from an MIRV ed missile.......first make it and then speak about our worries

I see. I have proved by point with data and sources. Now compare the situation, Pakistan's govt can't even pay the IMF loans and asking for bailout...
I was wondering how you would react in a typical indian way and start googling random crap. Completely irrelevant to the topic but still check that articles date, it's a year old. Let me update you.
Pakistan’s economy is improving, says IMF official

your reverse engineered 2750 km missile is no more threat to new Delhi......Indian Strategic forces command practices on monthly basis to demolish such missiles in exo atmosphere and that to in head on collision as well as tail chase mode........your country is very far away from an MIRV ed missile.......first make it and then speak about our worries
No one is losing any sleep over India's 2 cent AMD.

I was wondering how you would react in a typical indian way and start googling random crap. Completely irrelevant to the topic but still check that articles date, it's a year old. Let me update you.

off course, that was my take.....we don't even compare Pakistan as a threat, ur country is the next US target........u would be surprised to know people here in Mumbai don't even know where Pakistan is......forget about threatening us.....

u would be surprised to know people here in Mumbai don't even know where Pakistan is
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA I am truly very sorry to hear that, illiteracy is a hard thing to tackle. Fortunately everyone in Pakistan knows where India is or for that matter all 4 of our neighbours.

Pakistan’s economy is improving, says IMF official

All are Pakistani newspapers only. Improving economy is good but spending 3% in situation like this and that I mentioned earlier is dangerous. You have to wait for bailouts by others.

As per ADB this year Pakistan's growth is estimated to be 4.2% while India's 7.8%. So to increase GDP growth and tackle Saudi's you need to spend less on defence like others.

Not sure about that sir. As per estimates and several studies, Pak stockpile is far more than what it needs to counter India and don't think there are any other targets. So if still more pieces are produced, it indicates cost isn't a factor anymore. But apparently there is a school of thought that believes that conventional edge can be blunted by having more Nukes. I tend to believe that this kind of weaponry has a limited trophy value and can at best give you a stage for brinkmanship....
I would say two.
First India cannot have an unlimited capacity (& we have seen this in defense budgets over the years) to keep spending in an effort to outdo western neighbor especially with Chinese support with its latest technology.
Second, (i hope i'm wrong here and the stockpile is safe) growing numbers increase the risk of a rogue general trying to wrest control of some pieces and then use it as a blackmail chip.

Allow me to but in here....i think that this topic has been beaten to death in the past as well.....how effective a BMD would be is anyone's guess...please keep in mind that countries are very risk averse(which should be the case) when it comes to security...in short even if our BMD is shitty yet it will rattle lot of nerves in opposition camp and they will have to work on ways to overcome it...which means lot of cost for them...Also just because China is helping them it doesn't mean things are coming free of cost for them...so in short there is a cost that they will have to put in which they may have not to worry about....As far as we are concerned given we can afford BMD then there is nothing wrong in going for it...for example - shall we simply remove the SAM's protection because they may not be able to stop all the enemy planes in our sky??

IMHO your point 2 doesn't hold water...as there are proper checks and balances...in case we are dependent on generals then there is enough fire-power already in place which can easily cause catastrophe and is independent of the numbers...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom