What's new

Government plans nuclear missile shield in Delhi

@levina @anant_s , Hmmm...So the Chance for Bhubaneswar to come under S.H.I.E.L.D will be late??:( Though I live in an Apartment, I will have to convince my father who lives in a bunglow to start digging the backyard space for a bunker!! If he agrees then I will bring an excavator next week!:undecided:

@levina @anant_s , Hmmm...So the Chance for Bhubaneswar to come under S.H.I.E.L.D will be late??:( Though I live in an Apartment, I will have to convince my father who lives in a bunglow to start digging the backyard space for a bunker!! If he agrees then I will bring an excavator next week!:undecided:
Buy a flat in Balasore....if possible in Chandipur :p:

Buy a flat in Balasore....if possible in Chandipur :p:
no-way-600x505.jpg

That will be hit first, before Delhi!!:D

I strongly believe Zionist Jews and Christians are funding & preparing India to Start WWIII with Pakistan, India will soon be able to take out major Cities of Pakistan with Nukes but Pakistan will not be able to take out Major Cities of India

This is the beginning of End, Modi Government was brought in Power to destroy Pakistan, this was the Plan hatch by Zionist Jews after Pakistan Nuke blast and it will be done for greater Israel

WW II is pakisan? And Zoinist and Christians fund Inda?You strongly believe that. Well come to PDF.

A missile shield is not a financially,technically,strategically viable deterrent.Sea based second strike is the best ,most cost effective deterrent. A 24hr fully operational BMD with good hit probability is still a pipe dream even for superpowers. The failure of Patriot in Iraq,Iron dome failures,THAAD failures and the debacle of the "homing overlay experiment" is a proof of vested corporate interests.

You are wrong.

A missile shield is not a financially,technically,strategically viable deterrent.Sea based second strike is the best ,most cost effective deterrent. A 24hr fully operational BMD with good hit probability is still a pipe dream even for superpowers. The failure of Patriot in Iraq,Iron dome failures,THAAD failures and the debacle of the "homing overlay experiment" is a proof of vested corporate interests.
People said the same about as SAM as well
Another decade or a 2,BMD will serve as a credible deterrence for sure

Well isn't that remind you of public paranoia that surrounded US society during cold war days with civil defense advising people how to conduct themselves under an attack.

0901_013002.jpg
url.jpg

In case an attack ever comes (hopefully never), survival would be difficult if not impossible considering one would need food and water supplies and will be bound inside a controlled ventilation for 2-3 months atleast till short lived radio-isotopes decay making a venture outside the shelter relatively safe. & then there will be trauma of possible loss of lives of near and dear ones, not to mention an uncertain and dark future. Such an apocalyptic scenario asks you a question.
It is well known fact that in case of a huge attack involving multiple number of jets /ballistic/cruise missiles, no missile defense can guarantee, that one warhead might sneak through leading to equally horrible consequences.
At the risk of sounding pessimistic, i don't know if it is worth investing in these shields.

You are wrong.
prove me please, these BMD programs are always are "too big to fail" programs and an admit ion of failure will not go down well with the tax payer.When the tests are conducted everyone is informed of the time and altitude the interception is going to take place,all systems are checked and are fully operational,everyone is ready for the target, but in real life this ideal situation doesn't exist.Please read the analysis by Theodre Postol and a lady who actually worked in the BMD program(don't remember her name), many experts have been long claiming that BMD is not about technology.
Excerpts - Why Missile Defense Won't Work | Missile Wars | FRONTLINE | PBS

Back in news!!
Phase-I was completed long back... whatever is happening on David Sling and Israeli arrow front!

Government plans nuclear missile shield in Delhi

ByManu Pubby, ET Bureau | 4 Apr, 2015, 02.44AM IST
pragati-missile_afp.jpg

Officials familiar with the matter told ET placing the radars is the beginning of an accelerated process in creating a missile cover for major Indian cities.

NEW DELHI: Modi Sarkar has taken the first real step in giving India's capital city, Delhi, a security cover that cities such as Beijing and Washington already have — anuclear missile shield. Two long-range missile-tracking radars have been placed in the national capital region.

When completed, the shield will be able to intercept missiles fired from as far as 5,000 km away. Seniorgovernmentofficials familiar with the matter told ET placing the radars is the beginning of an accelerated process in creating a missile cover for major Indian cities. The next Indian city to be covered isMumbai.

Major cities around the world such as Washington, Beijing, Paris, London and Tel Aviv all have missile shields.

India's missile shield programme has fallen behind over the past two years. The programme started in real earnest in 2006 and 2009-12 saw many tests. However, say senior officials, 2013 and 2014 were lull years for the programme. There was a failed test in April 2014.

Officials said the Modi government had ordered a major acceleration of the missile shield programme immediately after coming to power last May. Placing the long-range radars — Swordfish, developed with Israeli assistance, and capable of tracking incoming missiles from a range of 800 km — is a first big step that will be followed by placing missile interceptor units by 2016.

Missile tests will be held regularly, officials said. Next Monday will see an air defence missile test from Wheeler Island, off the Odisha coast. Wheeler Island is India's main missile testing location.

The missile shield system will require several dozen missiles to be produced annually in the first phase. Missile defence systems in India use both long- and short range interceptors. Officials said India was better prepared in developing short-range interceptor missiles. The long range system will require more tests.

Officials say the Modi government's view is that given the growing sophistication of nuclear arsenal in India's neighbourhood, the lack of a missile defence system was a major security gap. The missile shield is even more critical for India given its 'no first use' policy for nuclear weapons, a doctrine that Pakistan doesn't follow.

A major project cleared by the Modi government in its first months in power was to approve setting up a $1-billion facility inDRDOto manufacture vital seeker systems. Seeker systems direct missiles in the final phase of targeting. The facility, expected to come up near Hyderabad, is critical for missile shield.

I thought this was already done

People said the same about as SAM as well
Another decade or a 2,BMD will serve as a credible deterrence for sure
Except that a SAM is more of a practical tactical weapon
1.Building a SAM is simpler,less expensive,less time consuming.
2.SAM is much more cheaper than an aircraft but an interceptor(kill propabilities of SAM's against electronically capable targets is less than 1%!!!! as seen by Isreal and US in Bekaa valley,iraq) is much more expensive to build and operate than a ballistic missile and a volley will make it look ridiculous.
3.It is much more easier to hit an aircraft than a ballistic missile.
4.A SAM system can afford to miss a target a BMD cannot.

A BMD at best can protect us from accidental launches or terrorist attacks with WMD but with a nuclaear rival country I dont think so.

Except that a SAM is more of a practical tactical weapon
1.Building a SAM is simpler,less expensive,less time consuming.
2.SAM is much more cheaper than an aircraft but an interceptor(kill propabilities of SAM's against electronically capable targets is less than 1%!!!! as seen by Isreal and US in Bekaa valley,iraq) is much more expensive to build and operate than a ballistic missile and a volley will make it look ridiculous.
3.It is much more easier to hit an aircraft than a ballistic missile.
4.A SAM system can afford to miss a target a BMD cannot.

A BMD at best can protect us from accidental launches or terrorist attacks with WMD but with a nuclaear rival country I dont think so.
I was referring to a time period when even SAM concept was considered useless and everyone expected it to fail but now it has changed the warfare totally.....

I am not saying BMD is good in its current format but it will be developed further
the third tier of our BMD is meant to counter cruise missiles

There was a thread where the real time scenario was discussed and one poster had explained in detail how the parameters are fetched .....I will try to dig that thread up

I was referring to a time period when even SAM concept was considered useless and everyone expected it to fail but now it has changed the warfare totally.....

I am not saying BMD is good in its current format but it will be developed further
the third tier of our BMD is meant to counter cruise missiles

There was a thread where the real time scenario was discussed and one poster had explained in detail how the parameters are fetched .....I will try to dig that thread up
there is no doubt that BMD's will get better but Ballistic missiles get better at a faster rate and at a cheaper cost, a BMD just can't win the race with a BM. But SAM's were and are much more sensible because the cost disparities between aircraft and SAM's are growing in favour of the SAM so SAM's always had practical potential for improvement while BMD's had potential for improvement but they are not practical at all.

prove me please, these BMD programs are always are "too big to fail" programs and an admit ion of failure will not go down well with the tax payer.When the tests are conducted everyone is informed of the time and altitude the interception is going to take place,all systems are checked and are fully operational,everyone is ready for the target, but in real life this ideal situation doesn't exist.Please read the analysis by Theodre Postol and a lady who actually worked in the BMD program(don't remember her name), many experts have been long claiming that BMD is not about technology.
Excerpts - Why Missile Defense Won't Work | Missile Wars | FRONTLINE | PBS

Missile defense has already worked for US and israel. Not only missile were shot down but artilary cells were also shot down in large numbers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom