What's new

Government bans demonstrations in capital

Who cares about such ban, the biggest group protesting is lawyers and they don't care about such bans, in case they are arrested they will get out same day on bail, government advisers are pushing it in to deep trouble everyday. Second result can be fight between police and lawyers and that will make things worst for government, sooner Musharaf realises the better otherwise things are getting out of his hands.

This is what dictatorship leads to. If there are violent protests, let the police fire bullets in teh air to disperse them, tear gas, rubber bullets etc, etc, etc. There are plenty of ways. To ban this freedom of expression altogether is against democracy.

We know it is normal in India to fire regular bullets at unarmed civilians perhaps that's why minorities, low cast and women have no rights.

Violence is a crime and crime cannot justify any thing.
Those protesters have no justified reason to do so, they are attempting to hijack the whole society on the basis of violence. This is what I call dictatorship and all efforts to protect the majority of Pakistan from these tyrants will be very rightly democratic.

BTW, Is it only Pakistan you care so much or is it the dictatorship you cannot tolerate any where?

We know it is normal in India to fire regular bullets at unarmed civilians perhaps that's why minorities, low cast and women have no rights.

Where that is so in India, in Pakistan, Karachi the Police did nothing to stop the MQM thugs from killing people.

Violence is a crime and crime cannot justify any thing.
Those protesters have no justified reason to do so, they are attempting to hijack the whole society on the basis of violence. This is what I call dictatorship and all efforts to protect the majority of Pakistan from these tyrants will be very rightly democratic.

Sense!

BTW, Is it only Pakistan you care so much or is it the dictatorship you cannot tolerate any where?

That doesn't make any sense its a debate about government banning demonstrations, you at first say that the people are the dictators then you ask if dictatorship can be tolerated?

The lawyers have prevailed, it is struggle for the lawyers, and it all started because of Musharraf dismissing the CJ.

Demonstration being banned in the capital is another step buy the milatary and musharrif to enforce their will on the people of pakistan. The military that is suppose to defend pakistan usually removes legitimate elected goverments and makes up stories of corruption etc, In many peoples opinion no one is more corrupt the milatary regime that will do its best to ensure that democracy never suceeds in pakistan.

I thought pakistan was a free country, you could express your opinions through freedom of speech and freedom of movement or was that just something invented to make us look democratic and civilised.

Extremism in pakistan is problem but what has the goverment done to eliminate that other then imprison and kill, what we need to do is modernise our country but by changing peoples feelings by winning their hearts and minds, not just an agressive policy to eradicate rather then dealing with the core problem.

everyday demonstration hurts the economy of the country

I thought pakistan was a free country, you could express your opinions through freedom of speech and freedom of movement or was that just something invented to make us look democratic and civilised.
What the hell you, me and all of us are doing right now on this forum and what does those demonstration mean? democratic or civilized!

Extremism in pakistan is problem but what has the goverment done to eliminate that other then imprison and kill
Question followed by self suited answer

what we need to do is modernise our country but by changing peoples feelings by winning their hearts and minds, not just an agressive policy to eradicate rather then dealing with the core problem.
Who exactly has the qualities to do that? And what is your problem?

everyday demonstration hurts the economy of the country

This is no doubt true. However, banning processions and shutting down TV channels is a retrogressive step and should be resissted.

Opening up the media is one of the boons of Mush era. I have posted in various threads that the mayhem following the reference against CJ is being misused by the Opposition parties and giving undue importance to "Single MNA" parties such as Tehreek Insaf and major parties such PPP should try to cool thing down as it would hurt their chances of returning to power.

We are seeing the beginings of it now ?? What comes next , total news black out?? a state of emergency ?? postponing of elections ??

While I believe that we should wait and see which way Supreme Court full bench decides the reference. The protests are not helping the cause of democracy. I am dead against censorship in any form or manner as this goes against fundamental human rights.

Sincerely hope that better sense prevails and the ban is lifted soon.

Peaceful demonstrations can always be done, but going around and damaging peoples property is no way to be tolerated.

Batman i dont have a problem, yet i feel you do with truth, look at the evidence and you shall see the light my son.

Peaceful demonstrations can always be done, but going around and damaging peoples property is no way to be tolerated.

In Pakistan peaceful demonstrations always turn into violent; next thing you know is that cross fire is going on.

Back
Top Bottom