What's new

Government appeases religious parties on blasphemy law

Status
Not open for further replies.
1973's constitution was not given by Zia and its clearly written in that

The name of the state shall be "Islamic Republic of Pakistan"...

The slogan "Pakistan ka matlab kia, La ilaaha illallah" was not given by zia....
Never said it was

Don't just pass a comment based on the views of some seculars majority of pakistanis wants an Islamic state.. These mullah do not get people on road by force not all protesting are mullahs....

We love our religion and we do not want it to be treated like religion is being treated in west... .

No one says you can't.

"The West" It is always "The West" I see people throw that around alot ? What does that mean. The U.S. ? Canada ? Mexico ?

If you mean like in the U.S. then i am not sure what exactly your talking about. Religion is treated equally in line with all the other ones the only factor at play would be the overall demographics of areas.

Well, people who have NO other argument, just keep shouting Zia Zia Zia!

What a logic!

Now read this carefully, I will not explain it again.

after one year of Pakistan's independence, these resolutions were passed by then constituent assembly of Pakistan which had representation from all the founding fathers of Pakistan.

Read it carefully.

The Objectives Resolution proclaimed the following principles:

1. Sovereignty belongs to ALLAH alone but He has delegated it to the State of Pakistan through its people for being exercised within the limits prescribed by Him as a sacred trust.
2. The State shall exercise its powers and authority through the chosen representatives of the people.
3. The principles of democracy, freedom, equality, tolerance and social justice, as enunciated by Islam, shall be fully observed.
4. Muslims shall be enabled to order their lives in the individual and collective spheres in accordance with the teachings of Islam as set out in the Qur'an and Sunnah.
5. Adequate provision shall be made for the minorities to freely profess and practice their religions and develop their cultures.
6. Pakistan shall be a federation.
7. Fundamental rights shall be guaranteed.
8. The judiciary shall be independent.[1]
:pakistan:

Any questions ? :D

And These are the bases of ideology of Pakistan, the future constitution were to be made according to the points of Objectives Resolution :)

"After assuming power the task that the government set to was its public commitment to enforce Nizam-e-Mustafa (Islamic System) a 180 degree turn from Pakistan's predominantly Common Law. As a preliminary measure to establish an Islamic society in Pakistan, General Zia announced the establishment of Sharia Benches."

That went against the previous constitutions of Pakistan. Unless your saying People like Jinnah wanted a Islamic Society in Pakistan with Sharia Benches ? I highly doubt that from the speeches he gave.

The Objectives Resolution proclaimed the following principles:

1. Sovereignty belongs to ALLAH alone but He has delegated it to the State of Pakistan through its people for being exercised within the limits prescribed by Him as a sacred trust.
2. The State shall exercise its powers and authority through the chosen representatives of the people.
3. The principles of democracy, freedom, equality, tolerance and social justice, as enunciated by Islam, shall be fully observed.
4. Muslims shall be enabled to order their lives in the individual and collective spheres in accordance with the teachings of Islam as set out in the Qur'an and Sunnah.
5. Adequate provision shall be made for the minorities to freely profess and practice their religions and develop their cultures.
6. Pakistan shall be a federation.
7. Fundamental rights shall be guaranteed.
8. The judiciary shall be independent.[1]
:pakistan:

Any questions ? :D

And These are the bases of ideology of Pakistan, the future constitution were to be made according to the points of Objectives Resolution :)

Do you even understand Islam?

Have you any idea what this Objectives Resolution meant?

This resolution is against the tenants of Islam, it revokes the principles of an Islamic state.

The Quaid-i-Azam's conception of a modern national State, it is alleged,became obsolete with the passing of the Objectives Resolution on 12th March 1949; but it has been freely admitted that this Resolution, though grandiloquent in words, phrases, and clauses, is nothing but a hoax, and that not only does it not contain even a semblance of the embryo of an Islamic State but its provisions, particularly those relating to fundamental rights, are directly opposed to the principles of an Islamic State.

The slogan "Pakistan ka matlab kia, La ilaaha illallah" was not given by zia....

Jinnah censured a leaguer when he first heard this quote, Niaz, a respected member here can tell you that during the creating of Pakistan this quote was not popular.

It was popularized during Zia's days.

and now someone will jump in and will start saying that objective resolution was passed under pressure of lovers of Molana modudee and this debate will go on and on and on.......

don't know how many times we will repeat same things again and again....

No, Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani wrote it, he was only Deoband scholar to support Pakistan.

I don't mind keeping the resolution, even the 73 constitution in it's originality. But the amendments and Zia's extremist laws should go.

Maulana Maududi was a hated figure in Pakistan because of his opposition to the nation.

The resolution would have never been approved by Jinnah though, hence it happened after his death.

One of Liaqats mistake.

The Quaid-i-Azam's conception of a modern national State, it is alleged,became obsolete with the passing of the Objectives Resolution on 12th March 1949; but it has been freely admitted that this Resolution, though grandiloquent in words, phrases, and clauses, is nothing but a hoax, and that not only does it not contain even a semblance of the embryo of an Islamic State but its provisions, particularly those relating to fundamental rights, are directly opposed to the principles of an Islamic State.

Oh I was expecting you Mister, Secularist champ :P

Sorry Bro, you are NOT worth to argue with, I read the conversation between you and Muhammad Bin Qasim, Whatever you say IS of no use because a common man in Pakistan wants a Islamic System, even Islamic Sharia'ah, we just can criticize the Mullahs for protests etc BUT why don't the so called "liberal" secularists come on road and force the government like according to you Mullahs do..

This is crystal clear, Pakistan is NO Turkey where a man can just come up with anti Islamic laws and separate religion from the State, if we were to make a secular state then there was no need to make a separate state.

AND last thin here is, whatever Quaid e Azam wanted, we follow Hazoor [S.A.W] first, His [S.A.W] orders are final for us.

The next time you criticize Islamic ideology and Islamic state, go through what Iqbal wanted.

SECULARISM is nowhere near to Pakistan, so stop wasting your energy :D

For all the Secular people out here :P

Gen. Saab explains it very well, Quaid's 11th August speech and the idea of Pakistan, watch from 5:00 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
assalam alaikum

Seculars go and get the masses behind u ( try to sell ur product i m sure will get what u deserve ) and dont just sit in front of laptops and try to be a reformer.

TARIQ

assalam alaikum

Seculars go and get the masses behind u ( try to sell ur product i m sure will get what u deserve ) and dont just sit in front of laptops and try to be a reformer.

TARIQ

but public have already given their full support in general elections to the secular parties, religious parties are far behind them in polls.

but public have already given their full support in general elections to the secular parties, religious parties are far behind them in polls.

Because those religious parties are even worse than these so called secular ones, Ok, so now seculars are in power, WHO THE HELL IS STOPPING THEM TO AMEND THE CONSTITUTION AND MAKE PAKISTAN A SECULAR STATE?

WHO THE HELL IS STOPPING THEM TO AMEND THE CONSTITUTION AND MAKE PAKISTAN A SECULAR STATE?

The fanatics would stop them!!!They(gov) fear there will be more bombings and militancy if they take any action against this law.

So go ahead and secularise pakistan who is stopping them.

Specially for you, Mr. T-Fraz!

And yeah, if you ever get time, do visit Nazaria Pakistan trust in Lahore, they will provide you with reference what Quaid wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fanatics would stop them!!!They(gov) fear there will be more bombings and militancy if they take any action against this law.

No movement can oppose the government and change its direction without public support, My friend ;)

Now go, discuss something else. :cheers:

So go ahead and secularise pakistan who is stopping them.

come on man, the above posts talk about the will of the people, and when i gave them the example you challenge people if they can use force to remove this law, no sorry, they cant use force against the fanatics.

No movement can oppose the government and change its direction without public support, My friend ;)

Now go, discuss something else. :cheers:

yes i can see that support. ttp have also got support among the tribals, so who can stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom