What's new

GoPro: Flying Daggers 45 set to take India's Light Combat Aircraft to the Skies

nice............. great find
now put it in the main tejas thread

An all around decent fighter, but nobody will buy it if India can't mass produce them.

Found this today . :)
tejas will be a very fine jet when it will be "Produced"
however what has amazed me is that they have inducted Tejas in frontline squadron against PAF without entering it into mass production or testing it in various exercise first ..... i mean wasn't that what pakistan has done .... jf -17 is in mass production for almost 8 years from now and still pakistan uses f-16 mainly in frontlines against IAf however thunder is joining frontline squadrons but f-16 remains priority ..... just an observation

tejas will be a very fine jet when it will be "Produced"
however what has amazed me is that they have inducted Tejas in frontline squadron against PAF without entering it into mass production or testing it in various exercise first ..... i mean wasn't that what pakistan has done .... jf -17 is in mass production for almost 8 years from now and still pakistan uses f-16 mainly in frontlines against IAf however thunder is joining frontline squadrons but f-16 remains priority ..... just an observation

It isnt into frontline yet. First 2 squadrons will be mostly based in South India, around Tamil Nadu to fine tune their skills and to develop their battle doctrines. By the time 40 ac are produced, all doctrines will be ready and Tejas will be ready for active engagement in the Northern Sector.

It isnt into frontline yet. First 2 squadrons will be mostly based in South India, around Tamil Nadu to fine tune their skills and to develop their battle doctrines. By the time 40 ac are produced, all doctrines will be ready and Tejas will be ready for active engagement in the Northern Sector.
but he the squadron its inducted in is the main squadron of southern command the same squadron involved in atlantique incident ..... which means the one who will be engaged directly to patrol the southern border and will actively engage PAf in northern Arabian sea in case of war ......? all i want to say is that it may not be wise to place an amature platform like tejas against war proven platforms like f-16 ...... and even jf-17 has seen way more action then tejas which platform is not even finalised ...... as SAAB has to do work on it yet ....... and i think the main thing tejas has been induct is signalling all that no we are not abandoning this project as being speculated by many ...... nevertheless from judging from the specs ... it should be a fine bird when produced

but he the squadron its inducted in is the main squadron of southern command the same squadron involved in atlantique incident ..... which means the one who will be engaged directly to patrol the southern border and will actively engage PAf in northern Arabian sea in case of war ......? all i want to say is that it may not be wise to place an amature platform like tejas against war proven platforms like f-16 ...... and even jf-17 has seen way more action then tejas which platform is not even finalised ...... as SAAB has to do work on it yet ....... and i think the main thing tejas has been induct is signalling all that no we are not abandoning this project as being speculated by many ...... nevertheless from judging from the specs ... it should be a fine bird when produced
If a war break out today i can assure you Tejas will have zero role to play in it.....

If a war break out today i can assure you Tejas will have zero role to play in it.....
ofcourse it will not it is not even made yet ..... only 17 are produced and all of them are being tested yet........ plus tejas is not going to end as it is right now .... SAAB will upgrade it and it will go into further testing and then it will enter in mass production and is most likely to be inducted in naval air arm rather than airforce ..... but looks like IAF has already inducted it ....... and plz tell how many of them are inducted..???

Today? Yes as only two aircrafts are operational but as their strength increases, doctrines are formed, they'll have a role.

So basically the primary base will remain Sulur.

We have tested Tejas more than even US tests its own jets.

Personally, I think it is about time they ramp it up and start evenly stationing them in hostile zones.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom