What's new

Google's Bias

Increase supply? But why would the Saud's do that? They're making massive turnovers lot because of the high oil prices.

Saudis are making money!!! Look at freaking profts the US and Anglo oil companies made last year. Look at the bonuses made by fund managers last year. It was all at a all time high.

Who wants lower oil prices??? The leveraged money in commodites is at a feverish high...

Dear Neo,

On a serious note what are your views on Pakistan being too dependent on USA being a large factor on Pakistans economic revival ?

Will they be as generous if say in the next elections the Islamic Parties took over ?

Would appreciate your comments ?

Regards

AN,

Sorry for late reply but you've raised a good question here.
Perception is often misleading, specially in our case since a lot of things have changed lately except for the perception that Pakistan survives on USaid. If you asked me this question a decade ago I'd definately have confirmed that we're too dependant on US and other donor countries.

Today we have a good economy, though some of the progress is due our alliance with US and the ongoing WoT for which we're awarded $350-500 million per annum in direct economic aid from the US. credit is also due to our ongoing economic reforms which have put us back on track.

If tomorrow the US stops assisiting us the effect on the economy will definately be felt but we will not collapse like we did at the end of the nineties. We have other sources of incomes that will continue to to be, specially the arab money which is being pomped into our economy.
You see, the arabs after 9/11 are not very comfortable with spending more money in the US, Europe or Japan but they're looking for save heavens in muslim countries like Malaysia, Pakistan, Indonesia and Turkey to name a few. As long as we provide a healthy investment environment FDI will continue to flow.

There are premature concerns in the west that Pakistan will become the next radicle Islamic country. Imho there's no reason to believe it will, we're way too moderate and any Iran or Taliban like revolution will simply not succeed in a country like Pakistan. If you look into our history a military regime is always followed by a moderate and soft democratic rule, usually after 7-8 years of military regime the democracy wins and we've never ever had a radicle islamic party that won majority in the elections.

Which islamic party in Pakistan is strong enough to win the elections with majority in the parliament and bend out foreign policy? None!
If God forbid Musharraf is replaced by another general, he might be a hardliner but still won't succeed in converting Pakistan into a controlled radical society. General Zia tried that and he was alledgelly killed by his own people, maybe by the ISI.
So there's no reason to believe that some crazy mullah will take over.

Next US government, probably with a Democrat leader will not be as kind to Pakistan as Bush has been, that much is already a certainity.
But again any cuts in economic assistance will slow down our economy by say 1-2% but we'll manage to grow.
So I'm not too concerned about the future, US alliance is no longer the only factor but other alliances with GEC countries that will secure our future.

AN,

Sorry for late reply but you've raised a good question here.
Perception is often misleading, specially in our case since a lot of things have changed lately except for the perception that Pakistan survives on USaid. If you asked me this question a decade ago I'd definately have confirmed that we're too dependant on US and other donor countries.

Dear Neo,

Very nice and informative post. I too personally believe like you that Pakistan will be a moderate country with maybe pockets where the people will have more faith in the local feudal structure. This will however go with time education and better facilities.

I just read an article in the local press in which Mrs B Bhutto says that she and Mr. N Sharif have structured a power sharing deal This may or may not be true but the paper also published an opinion poll of the popularities of most of the parties and the result was as follows

Benazir - 25 %
Pro Musharraf - 24 %
Sharif - 19 %

The opinion polls may not be accurate but it shows most Pakistani's are moderate irrespective of which party they vote for.

Regards

specially the arab money which is being pomped into our economy.
You see, the arabs after 9/11 are not very comfortable with spending more money in the US, Europe or Japan but they're looking for save heavens in muslim countries like Malaysia, Pakistan, Indonesia and Turkey to name a few. As long as we provide a healthy investment environment FDI will continue to flow.

investment environment witha good retursn is what attracts money. And now its provided by the developing economies in Asia. You wont get space to invest in Europe/Japan/US they are all saturated markets where the margins are squeezed by competition unlike places like India and Pakistan where the scope of development is huge.

And also relegion is not at all a criteria.

I was browsing nuclear installations of different countries in Google's program "Google Earth" when I came upon, what I would correctly call the heavy influence of Jews. Nuclear and Army installations of Pakistan are represented in high resolution, visible in full detail while the single nuclear facility at Dioma, Israel has no detailed imagery. Nothing visible. Even a company like Google looks to it that Jewish interests are not compromised. Amaizing!

First pic is of Dioma, the second one is of Khushab and the third I dont know anything about.

Some military installations in NL showed up in full detail in Microsoft's Bing Maps but blurred in Google Maps and Google Earth. Likewise the White House (Washington DC) and Fort Knox USA.

Both Microsoft Bing Maps and Google Maps/Earth are required by Dutch law to blur military and other high security areas (e.g. royal palace, large refineries, nuclear powerplants), in so far as these territory under Dutch legal jurisdiction is concerned.

NOSJOURNAAL - Militaire geheimen zichtbaar op Bing Maps

Microsoft must be under jewish influence?

Asim even Pakistani Air bases are see able with high resolution. Google is become like an intelegence gethering software for everyone to use!

i can tell you kamra isnt on google (blanketd out ) i was looking for my house which is near the base but couldnt find it becouse they had blured the the airbase and sourounding areas

as for the nuclear instalations and not being blanket out .i dont think its some conspiracy .if pakistan asked they would blank it out like ie kamra

they have every right to do so,, well you know beggers cant be chosers!!
we relay on them for all these search engines so unless you are good enough to come up with one of yours you have to stick to the harsh reality of biasedness!!

look friends it is no offense to any one, i am as patriot as any one here but why dont we realize that instead of begging the enemies fr fair play we must develop our self to impose it by power!
i hope atleast some of you guys will get my point!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom