What's new

Google: Code Jam contest (Programming) result 2012

kawaraj

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Country Remaining ▴ Qualification Round Round 1A Round 1B Round 1C Round 2 Round 3
Russia 6 747 140 273 192 229 77
Poland 3 361 73 103 101 79 21
Japan 3 696 279 194 189 162 36
China 3 2024 845 582 542 545 83
United States 2 2166 551 301 195 161 25
Ukraine 2 346 63 126 113 89 16
South Africa 1 122 7 20 24 13 4
Slovakia 1 96 12 31 27 23 7
Hong Kong 1 151 50 42 43 24 5
Czech Republic 1 71 6 16 19 10 3
Canada 1 394 107 62 32 36 5
Belarus 1 114 22 49 38 44 13

India -- 3080 266 275 391 44 3

Google Code Jam contest result 2012.

Russia(6) still dominate the software talents, while China(4) and Japan(3) follows, Poland(3) is the starring country.

Sadly boasting about Software Industry, India(0) invites embarrassment in the contest.

http://www.go-hero.net/jam/12/regions

if we ignore the elite theory of final round, check out the second last round, Russia(77), China(88), both has the largest talent pool, US(36), Japan(25) following, while India got only (3), this is a serious question for Indian education.

for you info, 2011 result,

Country Qualification Round Round 1A Round 1B Round 1C Round 2 Round 3 Final ▴
Russia 694 172 353 253 287 78 10
China 1689 751 662 580 551 97 7
Poland 312 48 143 115 82 23 2
Japan 578 227 240 258 147 22 2
United States 1297 370 397 228 144 26 1
United Kingdom 186 20 66 67 20 3 1
Slovakia 73 16 40 27 27 9 1
Belarus 97 24 43 35 40 9 1
India 1525 280 539 668 66 3 None

for you info, 2011 result,

Country Qualification Round Round 1A Round 1B Round 1C Round 2 Round 3 Final ▴
Russia 694 172 353 253 287 78 10
China 1689 751 662 580 551 97 7
Poland 312 48 143 115 82 23 2
Japan 578 227 240 258 147 22 2
United States 1297 370 397 228 144 26 1
United Kingdom 186 20 66 67 20 3 1
Slovakia 73 16 40 27 27 9 1
Belarus 97 24 43 35 40 9 1
India 1525 280 539 668 66 3 None

compared to last year more then double the number have qualified , maybe greater awareness about Google code Jam.

If India wants to see more Indians in the final round, we need to lay good emphasis on Maths education.

Hey this is an open competition .........
any one can participate.......serious question for Indian education.

thats just one search in google....

1. Nikesh Arora:

Nikesh is the Senior Vice President and Chief Business Officer of Google. He is an alumnus of BHU – IT, Varanasi. Later, Nikesh did MBA from Northwest University. Nikesh is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), and currently handles all Revenue and Customer Operations of Google. It is the sharp and innovative mind of Nikesh Arora which led Google to make a strong footprint in European and African Countries.

Nikesh Arora is the second most paid employee of Google after the Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt.

Nikesh is also a member of the board of directors of Bharti Group – Airtel. Currently, he is being considered as a possible candidate to become the CEO of Yahoo! Inc.

Sundar Pichai, Google Employee
Source: Google Plus Profile

2. Sundar Pichai:
Sundar Pichai did B. Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Khadagpur where he was awarded the batch Silver Medal. After IIT, he went the USA to complete M.S. from Stanford University. He is also holding an MBA degree of Wharton University.

Before Google, he has worked with 'Mc Kinsey & Company' and with 'Applied Materials'.

Currently, Pichai is the Senior Vice President of Google Chrome. It was Pichai who had given the first demonstration of Google Chrome OS in 2009.

Vic Gundotra, Google Employee

3. Vic Gundotra:
Vic Gundrota is a well known figure of Google. He attracted the media attention during the launch of Google Plus. He is the man who led a dedicated team of engineers to design a product that can compete with Facebook. Larry Page handpicked him for Google Plus and the result is for everyone to see. After so many failed attempts in the world of Social Media, Google Plus is considered as the first powerful entry of Google in this field. The credit for the success of Google Plus will certainly rest with Vic Gundrota.

Currently, Gundrota is the Senior Vice-President of Social at Google. He is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology. Before joining Google, he was the General Manager of Microsoft.

Amit Singhal, Google Fellow

4. Amit Singhal:
Amit Singhal is a Google Fellow.

Currently, he is one of the most important engineers working in Google. He is the chief of Google’s core ranking team. He is also holding some personal patents for search engine. He says himself a search geek, and that’s the case.

Amit Singhal rewrote the whole Google Search Engine Algorithm in 2001. It is believed that the major change in algorithm by Amit Singhal worked and made Google what it is today. In recognition of his effort for Google’s Algorithm, he has been awarded with a title named Google Fellow. One should remember that this is a distinguished title at Google which is reserved for the most accomplished employee of Google (Google Fellow title was initiated after the coding wonder of Amit Singhal in 2001 to give him recognition). Amit Singhal received his B. Tech in Computer Science from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.

Fortune has named Amit Singhal as one of the smartest people in tech. Singhal is also recognized by India Abroad as one of 50 most influential Indian Americans.

It is said that if you have ever used Google Search Engine then you have benefited from the hard work of Amit Singhal.

Biswanath Panda, Google Employee

5. Biswanath Panda
Biswanath Panda is the man behind the well-known Panda update (Feb-April, 2011) which created havoc among e-commerce businesses and content farm websites. Google’s employees working on the project to improve the search results started to call this huge update as 'Panda Update' giving a due to Biswanath Panda. Biswanath Panda is dedicated for the cause of improved search result like his mentor Amit Singhal.

Now, Google releases Panda updates every two months. These updates are making Google Search Results more and more relevant free from spams.

Others
Krishna Bharat: It was Krishna Bharat who persuaded Amit Singhal to join Google in 2000. Currently, Krishna Bharat is the principal scientist of Google. He is the creator of Google News. Bharat is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.

Benedict Gomes: Gomes is another bright Indian engineer working with Google. He holds 66 patents for search engine algorithm. He is also overseeing the crawling improvement of Google Search Engine.

Guha Ramanathan: Ramanathan heads the custom search team of Google. He held 48 patents related to search engine technology. He improved the quality of search results of Google by introducing a technology that can refine search results.

Punit Soni: Punit Soni is also involved with Google Plus Project since its inception. He is the Lead Project Manager for Google Plus Game and Mobile.

Nikhyl Singhal: Google Plus has a special feature named Hangouts. In fact, this feature has the potential to threaten the empire of Facebook. Nikhyl Singhal is the product manager of Hangouts and other real time products and currently associated deeply with Google Plus Project. He is an alumnus of Standford University.

Jagjit Chawla: Jagjit Chawla is currently the Product Manager at Google. He has previously worked with Adobe Systems and Infosys.

Kamal Singh: Kamal Singh is currently leading the team which is working hard to develop business profiles of Google Plus Project. The success of business pages will be key for Google.

Shailesh Nalawadi: Product Manager at Google.

Rohit Khare: Product Manager

Navneet Singh: Product Lead, Mobile News

Anish Acharya: Google Plus, Mobile Product Manage

Google Code Jam contest result 2012.

Russia(6) still dominate the software talents, while China(4) and Japan(3) follows, Poland(3) is the starring country.

Sadly boasting about Software Industry, India(0) invites embarrassment in the contest.

Country Representation — Code Jam 2012 Statistics

if we ignore the elite theory of final round, check out the second last round, Russia(77), China(88), both has the largest talent pool, US(36), Japan(25) following, while India got only (3), this is a serious question for Indian education.
That's the best you can do.....try better next time as far as India bashing is concerned.:smokin:

^^ Tamaachaa......Indians work in google, not play contest contest :smokin:

I know someone will bring up those, I know Pepsi got a CEO, an Indian women....

But defensiveness does not help, as you're boasting your software business, which triumph China or Russia by your standard, but on the other hand in this talent contest you just can not fight to the last round. As I mentioned in OP, it's not about IQ, it's about Education, basic education.

This is not about Math education, How many children in elementary school can access computers, India is losing the future. Your gov spend much more on weapon import, even on aid poorer countries( not richer than you) to brag an imaginary "world power" status, than those spend on Education, Social welfare, Poverty reduction, etc.

think about it before tag everything as "India bashing", you overestimate your importance, as shown in the table. India is not only a significant player, on Code Jam, or International Mathematics/Physics/Chemicals/ Olympiad, or the Physical Olympic Games. These are things all constitute a "World Power" status.

But defensiveness does not help, as you're boasting your software business, which triumph China or Russia by your standard, but on the other hand in this talent contest you just can not fight to the last round. As I mentioned in OP, it's not about IQ, it's about Education, basic education.

Toyota is the world's largest car manufacturer, yet almost non existent in F1. Does it mean that Toyota is not the world's largest car manufacturer and they should not boast about it?

You get 10/10 for retarded logic.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/166397-abhishek-arora-wins-googles-open-source-competition-4-other-winners-also.html

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/google-code-in-2011-grand-prize-winners.html

And the 10 grand prize winners are... (in alphabetical order by first name)

Aaron S. - United States
Abhishek A. - India
Aneesh D. - India

Cheng S. - United Kingdom
Edward W. - Canada
Gaurav N. - India
Gautam G. - India

Laurentiu I. - Romania
Oana S. - Romania
Shitiz G. - India

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ition-4-other-winners-also.html#ixzz1xgXcU5TR

Toyota is the world's largest car manufacturer, yet almost non existent in F1. Does it mean that Toyota is not the world's largest car manufacturer and they should not boast about it?

You get 10/10 for retarded logic.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/166397-abhishek-arora-wins-googles-open-source-competition-4-other-winners-also.html
[/URL]

don't delude people with your 14 yr old kiddo backyard game, not at all comparable to this Code Jam.

you mention Toyota which is surely a racing car brand I don't know what's your point. And as I posted in OP, if you look at the second last round, which signify the wider broadband strength, you only score (3), and China got (88), Russia got (77) respectively, note these are from a larger pool of thousands of people, India has the largest attenders over 3000 signups, yet only got (3) in the semi-final, and (0) in the final.

Be modest, Indians(at least some). India is way behind "world powers"

Google code jam is self selecting contest, so it's not proper to use it's result to gauge competence of Indian software industry. Just as its not proper to measure Chinese intelligence based on Chinese posters in PDF.

Anyway coding is not the only part of software development, thread starter should read more about software development life cycle. Of my 4 years of career as a java developer in a leading American investment bank, I never had to face a coding problem which would take a whole day to solve.

don't delude people with your 14 yr kiddo backyard game, not at all comparable to this Code Jam.

lmfao suddenly its not about kids.

This is not about Math education, How many children in elementary school can access computers, India is losing the future. Your gov spend much more on weapon import, even on aid poorer countries( not richer than you) to brag an imaginary "world power" status, than those spend on Education, Social welfare, Poverty reduction, etc.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-programming-result-2012-a.html#ixzz1xgafQd30

And now that I showed you the kids are doing quite well its not about kids anymore.:blah: Save your advise for your own little country which spends more on defence(% wise) than India and less on education(%) than India.

you mention Toyota which is surely a racing car brand I don't know what's your point.

Yeah but they don't do that well in F1, GM doesn't even participate. Yet they are the two largest car companies of the world.

And as I posted in OP, if you look at the second last round, which signify the wider broadband strength, you only score (3), and China got (88), Russia got (77) respectively, not these are from a larger pool of thousands of people, India has the largest attenders over 3000 signups, yet only got (3) in the semi-final, and (0) in the final.

Be modest, Indians(at least some). India is way behind "world class"

We don't need to hear that from a Pakistani, we know that and working for it. Unlike your kind.

Google code jam is self selecting contest, so it's not proper to use it's result to gauge competence of Indian software industry. Just as its not proper to measure Chinese intelligence based on Chinese posters in PDF.

Anyway coding is not the only part of software development, thread starter should read more about software development life cycle. Of my 4 years of career as a java developer in a leading American investment bank, I never had to face a coding problem which would take a whole day to solve.

thanks for reply, based on your career I take you to be more intelligent and knowledgeable than average members here. So please focus on objective analysis, we can have a fairly in deep discussion instead of touching basics.

Frustrated Pakistani !!!! :D

think about it before tag everything as "India bashing", you overestimate your importance, as shown in the table. India is not only a significant player, on Code Jam, or International Mathematics/Physics/Chemicals/ Olympiad, or the Physical Olympic Games. These are things all constitute a "World Power" status.

Ok I'm on mobile and thought the poster is Chinese as I can't see the flags.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom