What's new

Google Closed Off in China

About time Google was completely kicked out of China.

China has its own domestic alternatives.

No need for this NSA spy company called Google.
True...The Chinese people would be better off with the Chinese government's spy company called Baidu.

Me as well, thats been my wish for quite some time now. I think we in Europe should create a European Google as well
The. U.S of course is our good partner and ally, we cant expect it to provide security guarantee(through NATO, in which its by far the main contributor/leader) and tech companies services as well. Moreover, snowdens revelations has revealed that the U.S lso uses its tech companies to spy on us in Europe for comercial gains/gain advantage, in this regard we ought to try and reduce our dependence too much on U.S tech companies(not cutting them off, since its impossible) and create our own alternatives. We need to try and be self sufficent as well in this critical sector in which we lag far behind for some strange reason
Even small countries like South Korea and Russia have their own search Engine(albeit its way smaller than say Google , Baidu, or Yahoo). I like seeing countries trying as much as possible to be self sufficient(i admire the French on this) despite the difficulties,. In this regard, i will say China has done quite well in this sector to be honest(though im not a fan of their authoritarian government). I red on the Financial times few days ago that they have 4 of the top 10 largest internet companies in the world, with the U.S taking the rest obviously(6). This came as a shock to me, since until recently i had never heard of any of those companies(except Alibaba, which i heard of just last year.lol). They seem to have indeed suceeded in creating an internet technology thriving sector/ecosystem, and once you have done that, the only direction is up and more innovation/growth(which only the U.S has as of now). This is something we in Europe should adopt as well and emulate. we have all we need to create one which is even more sucessful giving our high living standard, tech, literacy rate, internet penetration, you name it we got it, so its surprising to see we still havent been able to create one.

So we can bash the Chinese all we want, but we have to admit that they have indeed done well on this field at least. In 5 to 10 years from now, judging by the way their internet companies seem to be growing, they might even beat/overtake U.S tech companies. So we should learn to give credit when due. Kudos.:cheers:

With a partner like the US, who needs an enemy?

duckduckgo, startpage.com ?

They are good alternative, but both of them are US based. I want an EU search engine.

Which is next is that I concerned. Apple?

iPhone collect private location information through radio/wifi/gps and stored App usage information to a unencrypted file even you switch off these settings. These information can be synchronized to remote servers without your permission when your iphone is standby even it have been shut down.

I d like to provide a report for you which is popular in SNS to see how Apple respect the pravacy.

The security issues are serious. But I am glad to see the trend that iPhone is now replaced by domestic smartphones without any backdoors.

看完这个视频,你再决定还要不要继续爱iphone吧~~~朋友圈都已经转疯了~

Why not let the Chinese people decide via their own computers ? If you would rather use another search service in a country that allows that option, why would you want to deny the Chinese that ? You think Baidu does not report to the Chinese government ? Are you that naive ?
Actually, as a Chinese, I have to agree with you, I like to use Google for searching English documents, but, if you really need to use it, and have 30 secs, you can just find way on BAIDU how to visit Google.

:yahoo:
Actually, as a Chinese, I have to agree with you, I like to use Google for searching English documents, but, if you really need to use it, and have 30 secs, you can just find way on BAIDU how to visit Google.
I tried baidu search and it works good. You get less articles from indian controlled wikipedia and their sensationalized media.

True...The Chinese people would be better off with the Chinese government's spy company called Baidu.

Absolutely. Chinese companies should dominate the Chinese market. I'd have Baidu spying than Google any day. Baidu is a Chinese company. Google is a foreign company. Chinese company spying on Chinese means nothing. I don't want foreign companies spying on China.

Absolutely. Chinese companies should dominate the Chinese market. I'd have Baidu spying than Google any day. Baidu is a Chinese company. Google is a foreign company. Chinese company spying on Chinese means nothing. I don't want foreign companies spying on China.
Then why not let the Chinese consumers decide ? Let them vote with their computers. Or is it too democratic for you ? Let the Chinese consumers get pissed off at Google. If Google is as evil as you believe, surely your fellow Chinese will find out and chose alternatives, correct ? Or are choices and selection too democratic for you ? :lol:

Then why not let the Chinese consumers decide ? Let them vote with their computers. Or is it too democratic for you ? Let the Chinese consumers get pissed off at Google. If Google is as evil as you believe, surely your fellow Chinese will find out and chose alternatives, correct ? Or are choices and selection too democratic for you ? :lol:

Sometimes foolish people do foolish things and are easily tricked by foreign spies.

Just like a man might fall in love with a female spy agent.

China must not allow foreign companies to dominate the China market. They must be gradually kicked out of China and replaced by domestic companies.

Sometimes foolish people do foolish things and are easily tricked by foreign spies.

Just like a man might fall in love with a female spy agent.

China must not allow foreign companies to dominate the China market. They must be gradually kicked out of China and replaced by domestic companies.
In that case, China better be like North Korea, after all, look at the Western contamination now. The Chinese government must be brutal in all areas of Chinese life, from womb to tomb, for the better good of the country.

In that case, China better be like North Korea, after all, look at the Western contamination now. The Chinese government must be brutal in all areas of Chinese life, from womb to tomb, for the better good of the country.

China don't need Western companies because China has its own alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom