What's new

Good News for Pakistan: Wheat production is going surpass all previous records.

And proper planning by govt

Unfortunately Bughaz Imran is incurable. Hatred for Imran Khan is much stronger than love for Pakistan.

Cannot disagree with you.

I dont like many of Imran Khans policies and I am sure many others dont and we duly criticize him, but such hatred from corrupt people is uncanny.

An example, unfortunately, I was watching this character named Haroon Rasheed he was blaming everything from economy and indian policy on IK while glorifying his dear departed Zia who actually lost Siachen and held a referendum months after this loss to elect himself in one of the most rigged voting in history and visited india 3 times for rapprochement.

Khan may be very bad but he neither lost Siachin, nor he visited india in official capacity and never held a rigged referendum and never created one the most corrupt mercantile class in the form of Sharifs.

Just an example.
As long as Allah is helping the combo of IK and Pak military no traitor will be able to inflict more damage to this country. They have done enough damage already and IK and military have applied brakes on the evil designs of all the internal enemies. IMO military has also realized that IK is the last man standing and if he falls it will be the end of pakistan. All other parties have been fully exposed including the munafiq mullahs.
and above all "they plan their plans and Allah plans His plans and He is the best of the planners"

Mohataram

Shahbaz sharif is out and an already pro shahbaz bureaucracy which is also highly incompetent is getting ready for his administration.

Who let him out and why? Many records were burnt that implicated him.

Pakistan is sadly a political mess.

Pakistani talk shows are no better than Zardari / NS govts

i barely watch them now. there should be a proper whack on the knuckles with a ruler for any participant that acts unruly and makes us look like a nation of drunkards at a bar. or PEMRA should pull licenses for shows that cant maintain proper decorum.

Salaam

Let's not count our chicken before they hatch.

There was a massive wind storm event that caused a lot of wheat to be lodged. That would take a bite out of the yield as well.

I certainly hope we will get a record yield but it's best to wait a few days until after harvest and storage are complete before we start the celebrations.

Mafia must be looking for something to blackmail people, they will find something...salt this time?

Ministeries including Ministry of Food and Education should be considered STRATEGIC Ministeries and taken back by federal government, that which pose internal divisive threats and directly affect the masses due to the GREED of Provincial officers

Where are the critics now who called this govt Sugar, Wheat thief?

isnt cotton production also projected to be a lot higher than previous years?

Where is this data from?

The Pakistani Bureau of Statistics haven't updated crop production figures since the 2013-2014 year.

Furthermore, even if we assume this is true how is any of this attributable to Khan and the PTI?

What specifically have they done that resulted in more Wheat production or production of any crop whether sugar cane, cotton, etc...?

Absolutely nothing of any significance I've ever read or heard of.

This is like my cousin getting accepted to Medical school and Khan taking credit for his achievement because the PTI happened to be leading the government when it happened.

Punjab, KPK and Gilgit/Baltistan will goto PTI.

My personal view is that the PTI has already lost.

Public opinion polls confirmed this back in late 2020. Though I don't believe they've conducted any new polls likely due to the Covid19 crisis I'm pretty confident things are even worse for the PTI now:
National Survey of Public Opinion in Pakistan 2018
A Nation-wide Public Opinion Survey on Current Political Situation: PTI Government vs PDM 2020

Mind you those IRI polls previously predicted Khan's victory and showed rising support for his party immediately after the general elections.

I can't see the situation improving over the next 2 years.

You can already see it happening with the PML-N winning the recent by-election in NA-75 and they'll likely win NA-249.

The PTI's absolutely stupid and hypocritical ban of the TLP, whose cadre were murdered the same way PAT protestors were in 2014 when the PML-N headed the government, has sealed its fate considering many of PTI's supporters also supported the TLP while the original TLP voters alone could have won the PML-N a host of seats in Punjab and Karachi the latter lost in 2018 like NA-131, NA-140, NA-102, NA-108, NA-241, NA-87, etc... but never joined their ranks because they disliked the PML-N as much as other PTI voters did. Furthermore, if they gain their support it'll only widen the PML-N's margin of victory in a host of other constituencies making it impossible for the PTI to gain anything new.

As of right now the PTI has firmly put itself on trajectory to lose in 2023.

Either Khan is a complete idiot or whoever advises him are and considering the morons he inducted into his party like Fawad Chaudhary it's no surprise. I guess the one good thing is that fat *** Fawad Chaudhary will most likely lose the NA-67 seat he won in 2018.

It's also evident from Khan's statements that he doesn't expect to win in 2023.
Elections every five years a tragedy: PM Imran Khan

That's not someone who is confident in another 5 year term.

If PTI loses the government they may never form another government under Khan again and even their survival is questionable considering Khan's age and a lack of a successor which is why the TLP was so critical and should have been merged into the PTI.

The problem is that Khan didn't understand his mandate, didn't understand his priorities, doesn't understand who is a friend and a loyal Pakistani and ultimately that has lead to what appears to be his inevitable downfall.

new system is coming

for which province?

Probably not for Punjab considering they revived an old system:
PTI revives old patwar system in Punjab by replacing ARCs

PPP will win guaranteed

Bakwas Bhutto aka Billo Ranni and the PPP have no hope of ever leading a federal government the best they can hope for is for no one party to gain a majority in elections and be forced into an alliance with them to form a government.

Partnering with the PPP is a mistake for both the PML-N and PTI.

Last edited:
Where is this data from?

PAKISTAN'S COTTON PRODUCTION SEEN RISING 18% IN 2021/22 -USDA
4/7/2021
April 7 (Reuters) - Following are selected highlights from a report issued on Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Foreign Agricultural Service post in Islamabad:

"Pakistan's cotton production for marketing year 2021/22 is forecast at 5.3 million 480-pound (lb) bales, up 18 percent from the revised 2020/21 estimate, due to availability of new seed varieties, better pest and disease management, and government support."

"Pakistan's cotton output still remains at historic lows, but to keep its textile mills humming it will continue to import large volumes of cotton. Marketing year 2021/22 imports are forecast to remain constant at 5.0 million 480-lb bales. Textile mill consumption is forecast slightly higher at 10.3 million bales, due to brisk milling activity undergirded by strong government support policies for the country's important textile industry."

To read the full report, click: https://bit.ly/3fRry9y (Reporting by Marcelo Teixeira; Editing by Christopher Cushing)

PAKISTAN'S COTTON PRODUCTION SEEN RISING 18% IN 2021/22 -USDA
4/7/2021
April 7 (Reuters) - Following are selected highlights from a report issued on Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Foreign Agricultural Service post in Islamabad:

"Pakistan's cotton production for marketing year 2021/22 is forecast at 5.3 million 480-pound (lb) bales, up 18 percent from the revised 2020/21 estimate, due to availability of new seed varieties, better pest and disease management, and government support."

"Pakistan's cotton output still remains at historic lows, but to keep its textile mills humming it will continue to import large volumes of cotton. Marketing year 2021/22 imports are forecast to remain constant at 5.0 million 480-lb bales. Textile mill consumption is forecast slightly higher at 10.3 million bales, due to brisk milling activity undergirded by strong government support policies for the country's important textile industry."

To read the full report, click: https://bit.ly/3fRry9y (Reporting by Marcelo Teixeira; Editing by Christopher Cushing)

I appreciate the response with reference material and I'll try to look deeper into this.

However, what you posted highlights poor performance.

Pakistan's cotton production stands LOWER now than it has in the past 30 years:
Cotton production falls by 34pc, lowest in 30 years

Cotton production stood at 5.571 Million Bales up to January 31, 2021 versus 8.487 Million Bales a year earlier.

It's great to see that cotton production is higher than their initial estimates but it doesn't change the fact that production has dropped significantly.

So I still don't understand what we're congratulating the PTI government for?

I like that they're using "new seed varities" which likely would have been introduced by the Punjab Seed Corporation which has been around since 1976 and is not an advent of the PTI government.

How has the government helped them develop better seeds?

Salaam

I appreciate the response with reference material and I'll try to look deeper into this.

However, what you posted highlights poor performance.

Pakistan's cotton production stands LOWER now than it has in the past 30 years:
Cotton production falls by 34pc, lowest in 30 years

Cotton production stood at 5.571 Million Bales up to January 31, 2021 versus 8.487 Million Bales a year earlier.

It's great to see that cotton production is higher than their initial estimates but it doesn't change the fact that production has dropped significantly.

So I still don't understand what we're congratulating the PTI government for?

I like that they're using "new seed varities" which likely would have been introduced by the Punjab Seed Corporation which has been around since 1976 and is not an advent of the PTI government.

How has the government helped them develop better seeds?

The PTI government basically increased the support price of wheat which led to higher area of planting. However, Sindh government increased it more which actually forced PTI to do the same in Punjab. Though even still the support price is bigher in Sindh.

With regards to cotton, PTI does seem to be giving more attention to agriculture than PMLn government. Especially cotton which has gobe down in production due to many issues including lack of funding by the government. Research funds were diverted to infrastructure etc. It was in the news as well in PMLn's tenure.

PTI is introducing policies to directly help farmers like the Kissan card that has been launched in one district in Punjab as a trial and hopefully will be launched elsewhere soon. Awareness campaign for better agricultural practices needs to run by the agricultural department.

Someone mentioned cooking oil imports nearly 2 or 4 billion US dollars. The seeds in use for sunflower are frim the 90s.

Newer better varies need to be introduced to increase average output to really get things going. A lot of potential is being left on the table through inefficiencies.

Salaam
However, Sindh government increased it more which actually forced PTI to do the same in Punjab.

That's probably only positive thing that can be attributed to PPP government in past 10 years.

I am still baffled how the hell PPP goons even thought of it? May be just to make PTI look bad, if so then its kind of healthy competition.

Salaam

That's probably only positive thing that can be attributed to PPP government in past 10 years.

I am still baffled how the hell PPP goons even thought of it? May be just to make PTI look bad, if so then its kind of healthy competition.

I don't actually like them as well but for some reason they seem to be much better for agriculture than pmln.

I remember back in 2012 or something the rate of 40kg aromatic rice was 2200, and than when the pmln government came it started to decline each year until it hit 840 or something. The rate for it has gone back up to 2000-2100 in PTI tenure. Mind you the cost of inputs has gone up greatly in the last decade whilst the prices of commodities hasn't.

I don't know if they are good for agriculture or pmln was exceptionally bad, but they looked better in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom