What's new

'God particle' announcement expected

If they do. Then.
Even then, this was known already from the standard model - was not proved(observed/discovered) yet.. If it is what they expected then its not a big deal, if it is not what they expected i.e Higgs Boson then they have to make another model.. Which does not help weapons development as yet

Even then, this was known already from the standard model - was not proved(observed/discovered) yet.. If it is what they expected then its not a big deal, if it is not what they expected i.e Higgs Boson then they have to make another model.. Which does not help weapons development as yet
Of-course not yet! After all the ancillary models are completed. It's going to be fun to watch though.

Of-course not yet! After all the ancillary models are completed. It's going to be fun to watch though.
I myself am not a physicist but just a curious observer, after all it concerns everything around us..

A fact to be shared is -

Boson is named after Indian physicist "Satyendra Nath Bose".

Although more than one Nobel Prize was awarded for research related to the concepts of the boson, Bose–Einstein statistics and Bose–Einstein condensate—the latest being the 2001 Nobel Prize in Physics, which was given for advancing the theory of Bose–Einstein condensates—Bose himself was not awarded the Nobel Prize.

I can say only one thing - WTF? What could be the reason he was not awarded a nobel prize when people, who worked on or used his research, got nobel prizes in bunches??

A fact to be shared is -

Boson is named after Indian physicist "Satyendra Nath Bose".

Although more than one Nobel Prize was awarded for research related to the concepts of the boson, Bose–Einstein statistics and Bose–Einstein condensate—the latest being the 2001 Nobel Prize in Physics, which was given for advancing the theory of Bose–Einstein condensates—Bose himself was not awarded the Nobel Prize.

I can say only one thing - WTF? What could be the reason he was not awarded a nobel prize when people, who worked on or used his research, got nobel prizes in bunches??

Again as has been previously mentioned, Nobel Prizes are not awarded posthumously (an exception was made this past year when the prizes in Medicine were announced and one of the recipients, Ralph Steinman, had died only a couple of days before the announcement! This when the entire process was complete and recipients were already selected.). Again, the work of theoretical physicists has to be validated by experimental physicists and has to have some real life applications to be even considered for the Nobel Prize. If Bose was alive today, his name would have definitely made the list.

Again as has been previously mentioned, Nobel Prizes are not awarded posthumously (an exception was made this past year when the prizes in Medicine were announced and one of the recipients, Ralph Steinman, had died only a couple of days before the announcement! This when the entire process was complete and recipients were already selected.). Again, the work of theoretical physicists has to be validated by experimental physicists and has to have some real life applications to be even considered for the Nobel Prize. If Bose was alive today, his name would have definitely made the list.

That's unfair but the least to be expected now is that he be given the due respect that's his work really deserves.. And most importantly the ownership of his research should remain his and not handed over to the new guys...

He is after all Grand Dad of Higgs Boson and should be remembered as such!!

“The mathematics of bosons which Bose developed in the 1920s is an integral part of the Higgs theory developed in the 1960s,” said Ashutosh Kotwal, a physicist at Duke University involved in the search for the Higgs boson.

For a momoent lets leave the atheists on the side and discuss the religious who make their gods out of their own hands from ****** worldly things and then bow and pray to them and ask for their help. On a scale of 1 to million how dumb wold they be?

atheists were dumb only till the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth and when maggots were born magically from rotten meat

atheists were dumb only till the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth and when maggots were born magically from rotten meat

For a momoent lets leave the atheists on the side and discuss the religious who make their gods out of their own hands from ****** worldly things and then bow and pray to them and ask for their help. On a scale of 1 to million how dumb wold they be?
again ignorant mad@@asa educated isl@@ist who don't know any thing about hindu philosophy teach us about hinduism.their so called religion is copy of j@@@ . first read vedas than read crap here .i am also atheist hindu .

Atheism in Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Had you also got some education from a maddrassh, your life would have been a lot better. by the way you ignorant idiot, maddrassh means school, do you get your education some place else?

Who needs a candle light when he is blessed with the sun, keep living in the dark.

Shows your ignorance and blindness.

again ignorant mad@@asa educated isl@@ist who don't know any thing about hindu philosophy teach us about hinduism.their so called religion is copy of j@@@ . first read vedas than read crap here .i am also atheist hindu .

Atheism in Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Had you also got some education from a maddrassh, your life would have been a lot better. by the way you ignorant idiot, maddrassh means school, do you get your education some place else?

Who needs a candle light when he is blessed with the sun, keep living in the dark.

Shows your ignorance and blindness.

According to vedas GOD is formless, omni-present ...... etc etc.. So please open you mouth after u think u know the rudimentary knowledge of the issue...

Anyways, me being an atheist, I would like to ask all the atheists here, please rate those people for stupidity in a scale of 1 to Billion who believe that a holy book written eons ago is a complete guidebook to govern your life ..

What I find interesting is that most ancient religions say the same thing- God came and made "light". This statement has been now proved scientifically that indeed, a god-like particle came from somewhere and cause expansion, which produced matter and anti matter. They reacted against one another and annihilation occured. During annihilation, light is the only product!!! And the fascinating thing is only one atom of matter was left after the annihilation, which combined with the released energy expanded further to form the Universe!! Thus indeed there was nothing beore God came, made light and everything appeared:woot:
That is why I believe that we are merely rediscovering all the knowledge that our ancestors knew...............they were far more intelligent than we thought. But unfortunately all this knowledge has been lost due to a veil of superstitions and rituals:fie:

Stephen Hawkings and Richard Dawkings would be pissed off today :D

Stephen Hawking loses $100 bet over 'God particle' discovery
The writer has posted comments on this articleANI | Jul 5, 2012, 12.11PM IST

LONDON: Stephen Hawking has said that Peter Higgs deserved a Nobel Prize for the groundbreaking discovery of the " God particle", but admitted that the findings have come at a cost for him.

The 70-year-old theoretical physicist lost a 100-dollar bet as he believed that the Higgs Boson wouldn't be found.

"I had a bet with Gordon Kane of Michigan University that the Higgs particle wouldn't be found. It seems I have just lost 100 dollars," the Telegraph quoted Hawking as saying.

When Higgs first proposed that an invisible field strewn across space gave mass to the building blocks of the universe, the theory was ridiculed by some of the most respected minds of the time.

His first paper was rejected by a journal, while other scientists accused him and his colleagues of failing to grasp the basic principles of physics.

Despite the sleights Higgs, at the time a 34-year-old physicist at Edinburgh University, was convinced that his idea was right although he never envisaged being able to prove it.

48 years on, his radical concept was finally proved correct by an international team of physicists at the CERN laboratory using a 6-billion-pound piece of equipment, designed to uncover the secrets of the Universe, on Wednesday.

]The second one gives us inspiration to find the first one. :coffee:
[/B]

That's why i was wondering about it's density compared to other subatomic particles, and i thinking about convergence of Higgs-Boson theory with String Theory, and the String Theory, which seems to describe physics lot better than other theorems, doesn't have any provision for Higgs-Boson Particles.

And if the existence of Higgs-Boson particles is proved, that'll thwart the String Theory. This will give many sleepless nights to Stephen Hawking.
How does God give us inspiration to find God particle?:mad:
God Partice was originally named 'God Damn Particle' but "damn" was removed to provide any religious controversy

Coz he already got one already. E=mc^2 is found in everything, semi conductor and devices are based on it and we are communicating via computers/cables etc.
Semi conductor devices on e=mc^2?How? As far as i can tell Semi conductor devices like LED,Amplifiers,Rectifiers,Transistors have no connection to E=MC^2,their basic requirement is an AC(Alternating Current) and Diodes(Forward or Reverse biased).But E=MC^2 isn't used here..?o.0

Don't target any religion,Islam can also be questioned in the same way you questioned Hinduism,but that won't be legit.

What I find interesting is that most ancient religions say the same thing- God came and made "light". This statement has been now proved scientifically that indeed, a god-like particle came from somewhere and cause expansion, which produced matter and anti matter. They reacted against one another and annihilation occured. During annihilation, light is the only product!!! And the fascinating thing is only one atom of matter was left after the annihilation, which combined with the released energy expanded further to form the Universe!! Thus indeed there was nothing beore God came, made light and everything appeared:woot:
That is why I believe that we are merely rediscovering all the knowledge that our ancestors knew...............they were far more intelligent than we thought. But unfortunately all this knowledge has been lost due to a veil of superstitions and rituals:fie:

what are u saying ? Peter Higgs is an atheist and he never wanted his postulated work to have any relation to god and consequently he despises the name given to it.. It has nothing related to god.
It is a Higgs Boson. Thats it.. not some super duper higher consciousness :rofl:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom