What's new

GLONASS Base Station in India to Expedite 'Space Centric' Warfare Command

P@nThEr

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
In the event of an all-out war with Pakistan or China, signals from GLONASS and NAVIC will undoubtedly have multiplier impact and help India to target its whole suite of missiles on its rivals.

1049681361.jpg

© SPUTNIK/ SERGEY PYATAKOV
Russia to Construct Glonass Satellite Navigation Station in Nicaragua
New Delhi (Sputnik) – Amid buzzword of ‘Cold Doctrine’ and delay in obtaining dedicated frequency band for military satellite, India has stepped up effort to provide sufficient number of satellites to Indian military with the help of Russia. Indian scientists have expressed satisfaction over progress in recent agreement signed between India and Russia which allowed Russia to deploy its GLONASS system ground stations in India.

“GLONASS will be of help to India because it will be integrated into military equipment that comes from Russia and apart from that it will also serve civilian purpose as it is compatible with Indian satellite system NavIC. Because it is compatible with NavIC it will have increased area coverage and accuracy,” says Group Captain Ajey Lele, Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for Defense Studies and Analyses, New Delhi.

Indian Air Force is waiting for years to obtain specific frequency band for its GSAT-7A satellite from International Telecommunication Union which is absolutely essential for network-centric warfare using a range of platforms like fighter jets, UAV and air-borne radars. Indian military has to depend upon India’s regional navigation system NAVIC which is operational since last year. Experts say that it will take time to fine-tuned hand-held devices, tanks, fighter jets from NAVIC to guide them to the terrorist camps and rival territories. Here, GLONASS will make substantial difference because more than 75% of military equipment are of Russia and compatible of Russian navigation system.

GLONASS ground station in India will also make multiplier impact on civilian purposes.

“There are many navigation systems in the world and GLONASS was mainly serving regional requirements. But owing to increased demand for navigation system for civilian purpose, GLONASS is trying to increase its global footprint,” Ajey Lele added.

Of late, Indian military establishment has expedited the process to acquire radars, software defined radio and other weapon system which will strengthen its surveillance and capabilities to neutralize sub-conventional war. “IAF is networking all its Air Defense assets on a common grid through Integrated Air Command and Control System (IACCS). IACCS is the backbone of IAFs Network Centric Warfare capability, which provides a fused Air Situation Picture based on the inputs from a network of ground based sensors. The integration of AWACS and IACCS strengthens both detection and control capabilities and reduces sensor to shooter time,” India Air Force Chief BS Dhanoa told to BharatShakti defense news.

General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Staff of the Indian Army had also announced the army’s plan to upgrade its outdated military equipment in an endeavor to achieve network-centric warfare capabilities.

Experts believe that GLONASS will also provide Indian military a spoof proof and jam resistant data in scenario where rivals use satellite jammers to disrupts signal.
https://sputniknews.com/asia/201702141050662822-glonass-india-base-station/

Last edited:
In the event of an all-out war with Pakistan or China, signals from GLONASS and NAVIC will undoubtedly have multiplier impact and help India to target its whole suite of missiles on its rivals.

Was this really necessary? :blink:

I don't think we will be going to any nation-to-nation war anytime soon.

True but we had some serious issue during kargill war when gps access was blocked by US. This will give backup in case our system is sabotaged.

Glonas coupled with INRSS. A great combo of detecting any enmy lanch of offense against India.

True but we had some serious issue during kargill war when gps access was blocked by US. This will give backup in case our system is sabotaged.
Did US really block it hamper India ? because US ally Israel helped India in Kargil. I know US is no saint but this could be a misunderstanding. Civilian GPS is very inaccurate for bombs and precise navigation And we dont have access to military GPS signals..

Did US really block it hamper India ? because US ally Israel helped India in Kargil. I know US is no saint but this could be a misunderstanding. Civilian GPS is very inaccurate for bombs and precise navigation And we dont have access to military GPS signals..
Yup it did, thats the reason why we have our own navigation sats now. Just google it you will find out more. Israel does not always toe US line.

Glonas coupled with INRSS. A great combo of detecting any enmy lanch of offense against India.

I still feel we need to have IRNSS as a global fourth alternate (to US, Russia and China). Put it regional in the beginning and upgrade it to global coverage in phased manner.

In some years, we will be needing ICBMs, just as an insurance policy. And ICBMs without an independent navigation system are useless.

I still feel we need to have IRNSS as a global fourth alternate (to US, Russia and China). Put it regional in the beginning and upgrade it to global coverage in phased manner.

In some years, we will be needing ICBMs, just as an insurance policy. And ICBMs without an independent navigation system are useless.

I think we already have a plan of Expansion of INRSS.

What's the need for a 4th alternative? who would even use it? the main users of IRNSS the India military is mostly limited to Indian subcontinent. Indian civilians use GPS in their mobile phones.

What's the need for a 4th alternative? who would even use it? the main users of IRNSS the India military is mostly limited to Indian subcontinent. Indian civilians use GPS in their mobile phones.

Why would we not use our own system whenever it gets global coverage?

GPS became widely used as it was the first of its kind.

These days, devices have GLONASS enabled alongside GPS if the person wishes to switch.

Beidou is not open yet so I cannot say.

So if we launch our own SATNAV system, we don't have to worry about whose finger is on the off button if all hell breaks loose.

why not make NAVIC global?

I think that is the eventual plan.

ISRO won't be wasting its time and energy making a half-@ssed system just for regional coverage. Something tells me 104 satellites carried simultaneously wasn't just limited to see who can carry more satellites. There is a purpose behind this, a military purpose.

We will need at least 14 more satellites to make it go global. GPS has 24.

Of course we have Chinese. And we totally trust China blindly . And pray that they will show some balls and help us atleast this time

Why not do you know one of the Bramos missile failed once, reason being Americans came to know that INDIA testing bramos and they started GPS signals ON & OFF resulting a failure because it was using GPS signals controlled by US. All SUs are compatible with GPS and GLONASS now.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-after-early-success/articleshow/4006146.cms

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom