What's new

Global warming? No, actually we're cooling, claim scientists

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
For all the Indians on PDF who thought that Bangladesh would sink in the Bay of Bengal when sea levels rise ....

There has been a 60 per cent increase in the amount of ocean covered with ice compared to this time last year, they equivalent of almost a million square miles.
In a rebound from 2012's record low an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia's northern shores, days before the annual re-freeze is even set to begin.
The Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific has remained blocked by pack-ice all year, forcing some ships to change their routes.
A leaked report to the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) seen by the Mail on Sunday, has led some scientists to claim that the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century.
If correct, it would contradict computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming. The news comes several years after the BBC predicted that the arctic would be ice-free by 2013.
Despite the original forecasts, major climate research centres now accept that there has been a “pause” in global warming since 1997.
The original predictions led to billions being invested in green measures to combat the effects of climate change.
The changing predictions have led to the UN's climate change's body holding a crisis meeting, and the the IPCC is due to report on the situation in October. A pre-summit meeting will be held later this month.
But the leaked documents are said to show that the governments who fund the IPCC are demanding 1,500 changes to the Fifth Assessment Report - a three-volume study issued every six or seven years – as they claim its current draft does not properly explain the pause.
The extent to which temperatures will rise with carbon dioxide levels and how much of the warming over the past 150 years, a total of 0.8C, is down to human greenhouse gas emissions are key issues in the debate.
The IPCC says it is “95 per cent confident” that global warming has been caused by humans - up from 90 per cent in 2007 – according to the draft report.
However, US climate expert Professor Judith Curry has questioned how this can be true as that rather than increasing in confidence, “uncertainty is getting bigger” within the academic community.
Long-term cycles in ocean temperature, she said, suggest the world may be approaching a period similar to that from 1965 to 1975, when there was a clear cooling trend.
At the time some scientists forecast an imminent ice age.
Professor Anastasios Tsonis, of the University of Wisconsin, said: "We are already in a cooling trend, which I think will continue for the next 15 years at least. There is no doubt the warming of the 1980s and 1990s has stopped.”
The IPCC is said to maintain that their climate change models suggest a pause of 15 years can be expected. Other experts agree that natural cycles cannot explain all of the recorded warming.

Global warming? No, actually we're cooling, claim scientists - Telegraph

Oh my god.

A climate change denialist.

Global warming is no longer a theory, it has been accepted by a VAST majority of scientists worldwide.

ArcticEscalatorv2.gif

Nationalism aside, Bangladesh is under a climate change threat and no outlier from the general trend is going to change that.

Oh my god.

Global warming is no longer a theory, it has been accepted by a VAST majority of scientists worldwide.

ArcticEscalatorv2.gif

Nationalism aside, Bangladesh is under a climate change threat and no outlier from the general trend is going to change that.

Bangladesh, west Bengal, the Maldives, many Polynesian islands and many other island countries have been put at risk due to climate change caused by the warming of the Earth's atmosphere.

The island country Maldives has been consistently complaining that its shores are now only 1 m above sea level. Until the sea levels at certain points are down, it cannot be denied that the climate change has stopped.

A seasonal accumulation of ice at the north does not prove anything to counter the common belief that the Earth is warming.

cooling is bad news for earth .. why did you post it in bd defence section

cooling is bad news for earth .. why did you post it in bd defence section

No, it's not. With every 2 degree rise in ocean temperature, a large section of coral reefs gets damaged without any scope of recovery.

For all the Indians on PDF who thought that Bangladesh would sink in the Bay of Bengal when sea levels rise ....

There has been a 60 per cent increase in the amount of ocean covered with ice compared to this time last year, they equivalent of almost a million square miles.

In a rebound from 2012's record low an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia's northern shores, days before the annual re-freeze is even set to begin.

The Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific has remained blocked by pack-ice all year, forcing some ships to change their routes.

Long-term cycles in ocean temperature, she said, suggest the world may be approaching a period similar to that from 1965 to 1975, when there was a clear cooling trend. At the time some scientists forecast an imminent ice age.

Professor Anastasios Tsonis, of the University of Wisconsin, said: "We are already in a cooling trend, which I think will continue for the next 15 years at least. There is no doubt the warming of the 1980s and 1990s has stopped.”

The IPCC is said to maintain that their climate change models suggest a pause of 15 years can be expected. Other experts agree that natural cycles cannot explain all of the recorded warming.

Global warming? No, actually we're cooling, claim scientists - Telegraph

@MBI Munshi,

Thanks for the post. If the report you have posted is correct, we can assume that the Earth has entered a cycle of short-term cooling. But, the basic concerns of CO2 accumulation at the higher atmosphere and the rise of sea level have not been abated.

If the recent cooling news is true, I only hope it remains short-cycled and it is not a 12,000 years or more of long-cycle Ice Age. Since its creation the Earth has always been subject to long cycles of Ice Age and Warm Age every 12,000 years or so. There had other longer cycles of millions of years, too in the past that caused ice to engulf the Earth up to the Equator.

We are now in the last leg of the current warm cycle, but no one can really predict when the next phase of Ice Age will begin. Once the Ice Age sets in, it will bring catastrophe to the human of all the nations.

North will be impossible for inhabiting by people. There will be migration to the south. There will certainly be wars for the warm zones that will cause famines and deaths. South alone cannot provide food for a population that will increase to 9 billion within the next few decades.

So, there will be destruction and killing in south by the well-armed north. Survival is for the fittest, and Allah helps only him who helps himself. I am not predicting anything and I am not a dooms day saying type. But, I said something that may happen if the Earth is subject to the long-cycle Ice Age.

So, let s hope it is not so and the next Ice Age is not imminent.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you trust everything these Grant hungry scientists tell you then you better be prepared to listen to most bizzare theories and since Global warming Grants have all been used so now must come a new theory, Global cooling sound like a good one .. lets see if we can get a grant to study this crap.

I am only waiting for one scientific theory, the day these grant grabbers say Tobacco is good for heart, if you think this will never happen then you are as crazy as them

No, it's not. With every 2 degree rise in ocean temperature, a large section of coral reefs gets damaged without any scope of recovery.

when something is damaged something new is created, their is some truth to theory of evolution

@MBI Munshi,

Thanks for the post. If the report you have posted is correct, we can assume that the Earth has entered a cycle of short-term cooling. But, the basic concerns of CO2 accumulation at the higher atmosphere and the rise of sea level have not been abated.

If the recent cooling news is true, I only hope it remains short-cycled and it is not a 12,000 years or more of long-cycle Ice Age. Since its creation the Earth has always been subject to long cycles of Ice Age and Warm Age every 12,000 years or so. There had other longer cycles of millions of years, too in the past that caused ice to engulf the Earth up to the Equator.

We are now in the last leg of the current warm cycle, but no one can really predict when the next phase of Ice Age will begin. Once the Ice Age sets in, it will bring catastrophe to the human of all the nations.

North will be impossible for inhabiting by people. There will be migration to the south. There will certainly be wars for the warm zones that will cause famines and deaths. South alone cannot provide food for a population that will increase to 9 billion within the next few decades.

So, there will be destruction and killing in south by the well-armed north. Survival is for the fittest, and Allah helps only him who helps himself. I am not predicting anything and I am not a dooms day saying type. But, I said something that may happen if the Earth is subject to the long-cycle Ice Age.

So, let s hope it is not so and the next Ice Age is not imminent.

If an ice age does set in that will take care of global warming as millions of people will be killed and there will less burning of fossil fuels ....

Last edited by a moderator:
If an ice age does set in that will take care of global warming as millions of people will be killed and there will less burning of fossil fuels ....

Yeah...but have you considered the pressure on our zones I mean the regions which will not be frozen in that ice age...kamra kamri shuru hoye jabe :) !

Oh my god.

ArcticEscalatorv2.gif

Already a strong recovery

A chilly Arctic summer has left nearly a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than at the same time last year – an increase of 60 per cent.
The rebound from 2012’s record low comes six years after the BBC reported that global warming would leave the Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013.
Instead, days before the annual autumn re-freeze is due to begin, an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia’s northern shores.

Read more: Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

if you trust everything these Grant hungry scientists tell you then you better be prepared to listen to most bizzare theories and since Global warming Grants have all been used so now must come a new theory, Global cooling sound like a good one .. lets see if we can get a grant to study this crap.

I am only waiting for one scientific theory, the day these grant grabbers say Tobacco is good for heart, if you think this will never happen then you are as crazy as them

Please, do not be so pessimistic about the scientific predictions which are based on truths that have been observed. This time the scientists found a larger accumulation of ice in the arctic ocean in the north comparing to last year.

But, they must prove also that this ice accumulation has also caused the lowering of sea level, the Bench Mark should be the Maldives. We should wait for that, I believe.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom