What's new

Global Poverty - China improving, India impoverished, Africa same(CNN)

Global Poverty - China improving, India impoverished, Africa same(CNN)

The video shows that India has also improved from 60 % poverty in 1980 to 33 % in 2010. Video title is misleading. We did not have the one Child policy that China did otherwise our number would have been similar to China. 60 % to 33 % without any one child policy is a great improvement.

The video shows that India has also improved from 60 % poverty in 1980 to 33 % in 2010. Video title is misleading. We did not have the one Child policy that China did otherwise our number would have been similar to China. 60 % to 33 % without any one child policy is a great improvement.

We should have had a 2 child policy or sumthing. It cud have helped our cause!

We should have had a 2 child policy or sumthing. It cud have helped our cause!

as your populous gets wealthier the number of kids per family falls.

Plus , you don't want china's demographic issue

China has one of the fastest growing old people, there aren't enough young kids to study in school who will later become part of China's workforce.

Two child policy would not have led to a demographic issue of the kind that China is facing and will face.

China has one of the fastest growing old people, there aren't enough young kids to study in school who will later become part of China's workforce.

The way they are growing, if their economic stats can be believed , then by the time their society grows old , they would already have a developed country. They would probably end up like Japan. I think that's better because I see India ending up like Brazil or Mexico in the long run with its ever fluctuating economic growth.

Correct me if you think I am wrong.

I cant show u data but I see/hear that most people in villages who are poor have 4,5,6 children. Some of dem still marry off their girls at 16.

Most of Chinese kids grow up without a sibling, that's looks extremely strange for the Chinese society as a whole.

The way they are growing, if their economic stats can be believed , then by the time their society grows old , they would already have a developed country. They would probably end up like Japan. I think that's better because I see India ending up like Brazil or Mexico in the long run with its ever fluctuating economic growth.

Correct me if you think I am wrong.

I don't think so, they are going to face a lots of problem because China's population control is not natural like rest of the world.

It's quite dumb to attribute it all to one-child policy, the parents, grandparents, and only child still had to improve their living condition. Try this term called, GDP growth. :woot:

Last edited:
here in bangalore, i see lots of beggars and people living by roadside. The same roads where u can see Audis and Mercedes and convertibles wheezing past ! I can;t even think of interior regions .!! India is poor

here in bangalore, i see lots of beggars and people living by roadside. The same roads where u can see Audis and Mercedes and convertibles wheezing past ! I can;t even think of interior regions .!! India is poor

actually they are not.....in metros like delhi,mumbai........mafiya runs them.......
indian begging industry has a market of more 100 crores......saw that in discovery.........

but i agree India is poor..........we need to develop our rural places

It's quite dumb to attribute it all to one-child policy, the parents, grandparents, and only child still had to improve their living condition. Try this term called, GDP growth. :woot:
If it was so dumb then why your government used one child policy in the first place......and why suddenly your gov. felt to lift ban from if..in fear of loosing young work force..:woot:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom