What's new

Give us 5th Gen technology for fighter orders: IAF

I am pretty sure France would demand India to buy more planes if there had to be TOT.

These are the potential numbers for Rafale in India.
IAF: 36+36 through GTG and 110+55 through tender.
IN: 57 through tender and 100+ to be produced at a later date.

So we are already talking about 400 jets here. And there is already movement on 300 of those right now.

The French say they will start Indian production with just the second order of 36 jets. And they have confidence that they will win the IN's new tender for 57 jets.

Also, I don't think France has all the technology needed to make a fifth-generation fighter.

France is the go-to country in Europe for next gen technology and they are already beyond 5th gen technology. They are working on 6th gen fighters. The Germans want them to help develop a next gen strike fighter. The same with UK, they want an unmanned next gen drone.

Google FCAS UK and FCAS Germany.

Boeing already has tied up with HAL to produce F-18E/F Super Hornets just off the Chennai in new upcoming Defence corridor if they do win the orders from IAF. Boeing also has offered to use the same facility to manufacture India’s AMCA jointly with HAL once the orders of F-18E/F Super Hornet are full filled.

gone is the F16 advantage..now what will PAF parade next ?

JSF partners are denied ToT, Japan is getting downgraded F-35 and even Israel is not getting ToT but Trump will hand it over to Chaiwala for a few warm pappi jhappis. :enjoy:

Banda ka confidence check karo!

These are the potential numbers for Rafale in India.
IAF: 36+36 through GTG and 110+55 through tender.
IN: 57 through tender and 100+ to be produced at a later date.

So we are already talking about 400 jets here. And there is already movement on 300 of those right now.

The French say they will start Indian production with just the second order of 36 jets. And they have confidence that they will win the IN's new tender for 57 jets

There is no way India would order 400 jets, that too Rafales which would cost us a bomb and we would pretty much end up killing all indigenous projects in the making. IMO IAF would either go for 36 more Rafales and call it a day or issue the 110 jets tender to be made in India with significant ToT and would take France's help in the Kaveri engine, AMCA and maybe LCA-Mk2 while IN would order 57 jets for our IAC-3. I'm sure the total order wouldn't go beyond 200 if all goes well

Which means India has no such tech available
Sure Mr Sherlock. Besides USA, China and Russia no one has all the tech for 5th Gen. India will probably try to join some other country's effort for 5th Gen and adapt some of their tech for its own AMCA. Atleast thats how it seems to me. IIRC France and Germany started a 5th gen programme some times in '17.

There is no way India would order 400 jets, that too Rafales which would cost us a bomb and we would pretty much end up killing all indigenous projects in the making. IMO IAF would either go for 36 more Rafales and call it a day or issue the 110 jets tender to be made in India with significant ToT and would take France's help in the Kaveri engine, AMCA and maybe LCA-Mk2 while IN would order 57 jets for our IAC-3. I'm sure the total order wouldn't go beyond 200 if all goes well

These 400 jets would only be 1/3rd of our total fighter fleet between both IAF and IN.

Right now, there's work on for a second tranche of 36 jets, the tender for 110 jets and another one for 57 jets. Those alone will take the Rafale numbers to 239. These numbers are pretty much assured.

Whatever jet is chosen by IN in this 57-jet tender will also see a second order of 100 jets. So IN's total fleet will be 45 Mig-29Ks, 57 Rafale-Ms and 100 more Rafales. The follow-on 100 jets is for the 3rd carrier. So 157 for the IN.

Then it's obvious that the IAF will exercise their right to get 50% options. Their agenda is to operate 200 to 250 Rafales. So 36+36+110+55 = 237 for the IAF. In exchange HAL gets orders for 324 LCAs.

237+157 = 394

It's especially important for France. Their total Rafale program is for a little over 200 jets. But IAF and IN alone are interested in nearly 300 jets.

The effect is as good as if India wanted to purchase 3000 F-35s while the US is buying 2400.
beta 3000 f-35 to kya teri 50 refale ki postion nhi hai ajkal

JSF partners are denied ToT, Japan is getting downgraded F-35 and even Israel is not getting ToT but Trump will hand it over to Chaiwala for a few warm pappi jhappis. :enjoy:

Trump? Nope. By setting high standards for ToT, the IAF's intention is to actually force the Americans to withdraw.

you dont know India, they are rich, 2.8 trillion and world fastet growing economy, set to become super power by 2030 (delayed from 2020 so world can prepare for it)

Ya, yesterday china acknowledged that the massive Gagan Shakti excercise which India is conducting is not a cup of tea of anybody else except US. You are right. We are moving int that direction.

You haven't understood my posts.
bhai jan i understand one thing few months ago india buy 36 rafale after 15 years of talks and defense minister said we have no more money to buy more rafale . and you here claiming 200-300- rafales like hot cakes .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom