What's new

Girl in coma after school punishment dies

Well well well....

The very second post on this thread said that india is not to be blamed for this terrible act of brutality, but still the indian members manged to bring in the fire and funny that they are arguing among themselves for nothing.

The girl was Muslim but it doesn't mean that racism was involved, not until it is proven otherwise. Moreover, everyone here has the right to bring out its own perception so if roadrunner did, what's the big deal. We do see our counterparts doing the same elsewhere on the forum.

Anywaz, harsh punishments in Asian countries is something usual, it needs to be addressed ASAP so that incidents like these can be stopped. These punishments are given both india and Pakistan, we both are part of it (tough killing a student was different) so it is to be discussed as such rather than making it a catalyst for war.

Well well well....

The very second post on this thread said that india is not to be blamed for this terrible act of brutality, but still the indian members manged to bring in the fire and funny that they are arguing among themselves for nothing.

Sir,

The title of the thread was, "this is india ! Delhi girl ( muslim ) in coma after school punishment dies "

See the Third Post by Bezerk. We Thanked Him.

Indian schoolgirl 'left in sun to die'
Afp, New Delhi

An 11-year-old Indian schoolgirl died after a teacher allegedly made her stand in the baking sun as punishment for not doing her homework, reports said yesterday.

Shanno Khan started bleeding from the nose and fainted after hours in the searing New Delhi heat on Wednesday, and slipped into a coma after being taken to hospital. She died on Friday, the NDTV news channel reported.

Reports said the teacher and the school principal have been suspended, with police waiting for the autopsy on the girl's body before filing a possible criminal case.

India's Minister for Women and Child Development Renuka Chowdhury said the incident was a "terrible tragedy".

Corporal punishment is banned in India, but children are often physically abused by school authorities and teach

Inhumane and Insane. :angry::angry:

The Daily Star - Details News

A sad incident, and shameful indictmen of the public education system.

I hope there are no communal connotations to this. In that, hindu children would have been punished in the same way, in this particular school or by this particular teacher.

Correct me if I am wrong...It’s the third time during the day that the same topic has been initiated by three different members!!! :tsk:

A poor girl died in an isolated but very cruel circumstances and few here saw it as an opportunity to take the mick out of Indians without realising that how messy and dirty their own backyard is....Scores of children die each day in our own country due to physical abuse, torture, lack of heath facilities, mishandling in hospitals, at child birth, due to terrorism incidents etc etc....But all that is ok and acceptable...But a girl dies across the border and its pity to see the enthusiasm of some members here...

If I start to open a thread for each and every death of a child in Pakistan who died due to cruel circumstances, I think this site will be flooded with threads.

Hope that Indian authorities will take serious action against the perpetrators involved in this incident and make sure it never happens again.

Corporal punishment is just barbaric, especially for girls. The teacher should be sued and jailed for manslaughter.

I hope there are no communal connotations to this. In that, hindu children would have been punished in the same way, in this particular school or by this particular teacher.

No need to provide religious tinge.:devil:

Your courteous but careful assumption can not be taken out from scenario. It's India and we know how Muslim are treated there. So I say possibility is there but I hope it turn out to wrong.

Indian schoolgirl 'left in sun to die'
Afp, New Delhi

An 11-year-old Indian schoolgirl died after a teacher allegedly made her stand in the baking sun as punishment for not doing her homework, reports said yesterday.

Shanno Khan started bleeding from the nose and fainted after hours in the searing New Delhi heat on Wednesday, and slipped into a coma after being taken to hospital. She died on Friday, the NDTV news channel reported.

Reports said the teacher and the school principal have been suspended, with police waiting for the autopsy on the girl's body before filing a possible criminal case.

India's Minister for Women and Child Development Renuka Chowdhury said the incident was a "terrible tragedy".

Corporal punishment is banned in India, but children are often physically abused by school authorities and teach

Inhumane and Insane. :angry::angry:

The Daily Star - Details News

The woosefacation of America started by these accidental incidents.

Last edited:
Your courteous but careful assumption can not be taken out from scenario. It's India and we know how Muslim are treated there. So I say possibility is there but I hope it turn out to wrong.

Ya defiantaly its a Insane thing to happen, but please leave this dirty habbit of alway bringing religion in between all threads :tsk:. Same for DarkStar. Hope you will understand what i mean to say

NEW DELHI: Shanno Khan, 11, the primary class student at an MCD school in north Delhi who slipped into coma on Wednesday after being allegedly The 11-yr-old girl died after she was allegedly punished by her teacher. (PTI Photo)
More Pictures
beaten and made to stand in the sun for nearly two hours by her teacher for not being able to recite letters of the English alphabet, died on Friday afternoon. Many educationists are calling it a case of murder abetted by slack implementation of guidelines on corporal punishment by the authorities.

Shanno's father Ayub Khan said doctors at LNJP informed him about the girl's death at 2.30pm on Thursday. She had been on ventilator support since Wednesday.

"The doctors didn't give the exact reason for her death. I was told that she died due to heart attack. I have two other kids studying in the same school. I don't know whether they can ever return to the school where her sister was killed. I want strong action against the teacher," Khan said. ( Watch )

Shanno's sister Saima, who studies in the same school —MCD Primary Girls' School at JJ Colony, Bawana, near Narela — claimed that the teacher, Manju, who has been teaching in the school for the past one year, had also put bricks on Shanno's shoulder when she pleaded for water after being made a `murga' — a painful punishment where the student is made to bend and hold her ears by bending her arms through her legs.

Doctors at LNJP hospital however remained tightlipped about the exact cause of death. "The reports have been sent to the police," said senior a doctor.

Meanwhile, municipal commissioner K S Mehra on Friday instituted a vigilance enquiry into the incident of the reported corporal punishment. He has directed the chief vigilance officer to submit the report within two days.

Director (Primary Education) is already conducting a departmental enquiry into the incident.

In a statement, the teacher, Manju — believed to be in Sonipat after the incident —said she had not subjected the girl to any form of corporal punishment.

The police, meanwhile, said that they would be waiting for the post mortem report before sending a team to Sonipat in search of the accused teacher. "We have registered a case under section 304 (A), (death caused due to negligence). We will go through all reports of the doctors and look at the the previous medical history of the girl before pressing charges," said DCP (outer) Atul Katiyar.

Prominent educationists have demanded a judicial probe into the matter. Shanta Sinha, chairperson of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), said: "This is a case of murder and cases should be registered against the teacher as well as the school. Most teachers think they can get away as there is no fear of punishment. Corporal punishment is prevalent across schools and it needs to be dealt with firmly."

Reacting to the incident, mayor Arti Mehra said: "We have suspended the teacher Manju and the principal, Dhanpati, and on our part have issued directions to hold workshops to sensitize teachers besides issuing a vigilance inquiry. This incident is a step backward for all that we have achieved in terms of imparting good education so far. We are also looking for NGOs' participation to control this menace."

While terming the incident inhuman, Shyama Chona, principal, DPS, R K Puram said all stakeholders should be held responsible for it. "Not only the accused teacher, but all others including the principal and other teachers should be held responsible because being witnesses to such a incident, they should have intervened."

Back
Top Bottom