What's new

Girl, 16 Punched from Behind by Stranger in East London

Teenager appeals over 'random' punch attack in Plaistow

_64277362_k283-12still.jpg

The suspect jogged away from the scene leaving the girl unconscious on the pavement, police said

21 November 2012 Last updated at 07:12 ET Share this pageEmail Print

16-year-old girl who was knocked unconscious by one punch in a "random" attack in east London has appealed for the man to be caught.

She had just left her home after midday on 13 November when the man hit her on the head near Black Lion pub in High Street Plaistow, police said.

"I hope I am his last victim", the girl who wants to remain anonymous said.

Police said the man had followed her as she left her home and the "shocking" attack took place minutes later.

Continue reading the main story
“
Start Quote
I hope he does get caught so he doesn't do it again to another person”
End Quote
Victim

The Met released a CCTV image of the suspect who jogged away towards Green Gate Street leaving the girl unconscious on the pavement.

Police said the attacker was a muscular man, aged between 25 and 30, and about 6ft tall. He was wearing a black baseball jacket and jeans.

'Completely unaware'

The victim was taken to hospital suffering from bruising to the head and cuts to her face and was released later that day.

The student said: "It was really bad. I had a migraine, my chin was grazed and sore, my teeth were hurting because they were chipped and I couldn't talk.

"I hope he does get caught so he doesn't do it again to another person. I hope I am his last victim."

Det Con Glenn Peach said the girl was "completely unaware".

He said: "She says that there was a strange guy looking at her as she left her house."

He added that CCTV footage showed "she's walking along normally and he's following about 30 seconds behind".

"It's one of the most shocking things I've seen because of its randomness.

"At this time there's nothing to suggest she knew him or that there is any history between her and this person," he added.

Appealing for information Mr Peach said: "I'd even appeal to him to hand himself in, if he sees the footage and has any sense of decency or remorse."

BBC News - Teenager appeals over 'random' punch attack in Plaistow

i hope the girl has recovered from this physiologicaly and physically and that khusra gets long jail sentence somewhere with pakistanis.

Dont understand the police appeal, if a guy is so stupid to randomly punch a girl, he is not going to turn himself in.
What an a**hole.

OMG.

Does it make me an asshole for laughing at the video? :angel:

this man is civilized taliban
shame for hitting the girls

namurad!

Back
Top Bottom