What's new

Gilani, Putin agreed to expand strategic dialogue

Pk_Thunder

Reaction score

DAVOS (Switzerland), Jan 29 (APP): Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani Thursday met his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin and discussed Pak‑Russia bilateral relations. The meeting here at the sidelines of the World Economic Forum focussed on further strengthening the bilateral relations.

Gilani was apprised by Prime Minister Putin about the role played by his government in defusing the tension between Pakistan and India in the wake of Mumbai attacks.

The Prime Minister appreciated the role played by Russia and informed him that Pakistan had extended its cooperation to India in investigation and would share the results with it.

The two leaders also agreed to further expand the Pak‑Russia strategic dialogue besides enhancing cooperation in areas of defence and economy.

Russia offered some Defence equipment sale to Pakistan but Immediately India threatened Russia that they will cancel their orders of Billions of Dollars if Russia will supply anything to Pakistan and then Russia refused to give anything to Pakistan.

We can have Economic and Strategic relations with Russia on very small Scale and that also under the "Watchful :woot: and Anxious Eyes of India" . The maximum Russia can do for Pakistan in Defence field will be Supply Pakistan with newer Versions of AK-47 (AK-103,AK-107,AK-108) and that's all.:wave:

DAVOS (Switzerland), Jan 29 (APP): Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani Thursday met his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin and discussed Pak‑Russia bilateral relations. The meeting here at the sidelines of the World Economic Forum focussed on further strengthening the bilateral relations.

Gilani was apprised by Prime Minister Putin about the role played by his government in defusing the tension between Pakistan and India in the wake of Mumbai attacks.

The Prime Minister appreciated the role played by Russia and informed him that Pakistan had extended its cooperation to India in investigation and would share the results with it.

The two leaders also agreed to further expand the Pak‑Russia strategic dialogue besides enhancing cooperation in areas of defence and economy.

Putin has not forgotten what role you played in Afghanistan. Always keep it in mind.

India will excercise its economic and diplomatical pressure where it has a say that is what global diplomatic relations are all about.

Jumping from the American lap to the Russian lap will be like jumping from frying pan to fire.

Well your A** is on fire in any case.

Putin has not forgotten what role you played in Afghanistan. Always keep it in mind.

India will excercise its economic and diplomatical pressure where it has a say that is what global diplomatic relations are all about.

Jumping from the American lap to the Russian lap will be like jumping from frying pan to fire.

In other words, your nation will be (once again) regarded and viewed as a whiny, b!tchy little kid who can't stand the fact that her trading partner is also trading with her neighbour?

The world has changed, and by the way its India that is jumping from the Russian lap to Uncle SAM's.
Russian economy isn't the same it was then and Russia is thinking of regaining its status as an international player, therefore if you Indians think you can manipulate Russians by threatening to back out from the defense deals, think again. Already Russia is appreciating Pakistan's response in the whole Mumbai drama, should be enough to clear the bigot Indian mind.

sir,
Pakistan has got a great opportunity on their hands. Pakistan should realize their mistake of being with us of A . and get closer to Russia,
because for sure in future -i see Russia and china being strategic partner and if Pakistan will not get closer to Russia , India wont mind a chance to get closer to china (which surely India will get). and who ever does, will be in driver's position.
thank you

I agree i think it is a great opportunity, but Pakistan should be looking to expand economic ties with Russia. I think Russia has a great eye for using Gwadar because of its strategic position.

Pakistan cant get too cozy with Russia and turn a blind eye to the USA, simply because the Leadership doesnt have the guts to do so I believe. Besides US Aid is important to Pak. The People of Pakistan hates USA but It doesnt reflect on the Politicians and I dont hope to see much of Russia Pak Relationship beyond something economic.

If Russia can forget what US has done to her in Afghanistan then it can forget about us too. Remember an old saying there are neither permanent friends nor permanent enemies in world politics.

offensive.

But yours is already on fire even though we have not started the new relation with Russia.

I wish the US hadn't forgotten what role India played in the Cold War.

Very interesting Point UnitedPak, I probably cannot explain the grand scheme of India's role in the cold war, but in terms of Afganistan i can. When the soviets invaded Afganistan, India did press hard for the withdrawal of the troops, and i believe it was Indira Gandhi.

Gilani, Putin agree to expand strategic dialogue

DAVOS: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani met his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum on Thursday and agreed to expand the Pakistan-Russia strategic dialogue and enhance cooperation in defence and economy. Putin told Gilani about the role of his government in defusing ties between India and Pakistan after Mumbai terrorist attacks. Gilani thanked Putin and said Pakistan had offered India cooperation in the investigation of the attacks and that Islamabad would share its own findings with New Delhi. app

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Pakistan cant get too cozy with Russia and turn a blind eye to the USA, simply because the Leadership doesnt have the guts to do so I believe. Besides US Aid is important to Pak. The People of Pakistan hates USA but It doesnt reflect on the Politicians and I dont hope to see much of Russia Pak Relationship beyond something economic.

To some extent i agree with you on the fact that current regime is too pro american to get out of the league to develop ties with Russia however that does not mean that it wont happen why because even Musharraf was considered a pro american however he did went out to develop ties with Moscow as a result of which some Ice did melt and we saw Russian PM visiting Pakistan.
Pakistan has learned hard lessons being an ally with the worlds most unreliable country in terms of its relations the US. So we will do everything to move out from the US nexus and too some extent US is also concerned about it because Pakistan does has a strategic importance of its own.

In other words, your nation will be (once again) regarded and viewed as a whiny, b!tchy little kid who can't stand the fact that her trading partner is also trading with her neighbour?

should india be worried about wat a nation that lives on aid thinks? :devil:

anyways, this is called Diplomacy. not whining and b!tching. though if you like using those words, you are welcome. :frown:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom