What's new

Gilani "Imran has no future in Pakistan" (I loled)

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran has no future in Pakistan: Gilani

Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, commenting on Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan, has said he has no future in the country.

Gilani, who is on a five-day visit to London said, "He (Imran Khan) is a good cricketer. But he has no future in Pakistan."

Who in his right mind does he think he is?

LOL.

Just take a look at this picture:

Yousuf-Raza-Gilani.jpg

Nuff' said.

I have no doubt that in a presidential refrendum throughout Pakistan can place Imran as a winner but here we are talking about constituancy politics and i will not brushed away Gillani statements due to the very dynamics of that politics in Pakistan. On top of it PTI continously barred itself from the very experience of it immaturly.

Furthermore, Imran is more stubborn as a person than sincere to his own cause.
In politics, sincerity often gives you opportunities as well despite initially some crude setbacks but stubbornness takes each one of it away from you very fast.

The last six months and coming are & will be prime example of it...just revisit sincerely.

To get a sense of what Gilani is saying, let's try & understand how democracy and electoral politics work in Pakistan and many other democracies.

The voter turnout in 2008 elections in Pakistan was just 44%. The PPP got 30% of the votes cast making up only about 13% of the registered voters to emerge as the single largest party. PML (N) received about 20% of the votes or approval of just 9% of the registered voters to finish in second place.

The ruling politicians operate a vast system of political patronage that allocates state's resources and formulates policies to satisfy their base.To win the next election, the PPP needs just 13% of the vote in the next election to stay in power. To maintain its base in rural Sind and southern Punjab, the PPP has done the following to keep it loyal:

1. Raised crop prices significantly to ensure a yearly transfer of over Rs. 300 billion income from cities which benefits the landed class and the rural folks who support the PPP.

2. Allocated the lion's share of development funds in Larkana & Multan and given contracts to their cronies to build roads, airports, etc.

3. Given billions of rupees in aid for Benazir Income Support Program most of which goes to those favored by PPP politicians.

4. Given lots of state jobs to its cronies to plunder the state's resources.

The PML(N), the ruling party in Punjab province, is engaging in similar acts of patronage of its base to maintain their loyalty and vote bank in the next election.

Imran Khan is the new kid on the block. He may take some of PML (N)'s votes. He is no threat to the PPP or its ANP and MQM allies.

So barring any serious military intervention or ISI manipulation of elections, the Pakistani parliament is likely to remain basically unchanged after the next election.

Haq's Musings: Pakistanis Rank Above Neighbors on Gallup Wellbeing Index 2012

I have no doubt that in a presidential refrendum throughout Pakistan can place Imran as a winner but here we are talking about constituancy politics and i will not brushed away Gillani statements due to the very dynamics of that politics in Pakistan. On top of it PTI continously barred itself from the very experience of it immaturly.

Furthermore, Imran is more stubborn as a person than sincere to his own cause.
In politics, sincerity often gives you opportunities as well despite initially some crude setbacks but stubbornness takes each one of it away from you very fast.

The last six months and coming are & will be prime example of it...just revisit sincerely.
gangooooooooooo ki jay hoooooooooooo

they can beat Imran khan by corrupt means only,
it would be pity of our nation if Imran Khan is not elected as prime minister , and
both pml-n amd ppp are at same page , both are corrupt and dishonest.

I will honestly give up on Pakistan if anyone other than Imran Khan is elected as PM.

lets hope for the best and i really wish and pray imran khan delivers and brings a true change.

I will honestly give up on Pakistan if anyone other than Imran Khan is elected as PM.

There is a crude difference between reality and allusion;

Reality always stands Ugly, un-ending & stubborn, sane people understands it and always strive to make a best from out of it, bcz this is the only way forwards, others mostly young feels convenient to turns away from it, bcz it’s the easiest way to deny its existence and that’s take them to an allusion which no doubt gives hopes for the time being but always ends up ones’ depressed, dejected & disheartened.

Just try to understand the reality despite its ugliness and deficiencies; definately it needs enormous attentions and resolve not just an overlook bcz it’s the only way available for everyone and at the end of the day you have to deal with it no matter you like it or not in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom