What's new

Gilani disqualified as PM: SC

AvwC7lGCMAEtc1G.jpg

Gilani had did the right thing.. President holds Immunity under law.. And Swiss authorities will not respond to Pak govts request even if they sent one...
It is judicial over reach... Gilani, i hold him as a decent politician.. Even the court cant take any notice on president...

I got your point..... But when law should be above everything and it should start from the top.....Great Decision by SC. Even if its vendetta it will give a message Dont mess with SC.

Ok lets assume he was not disqualified.... Then what ??? election will postpone...??? we will suddenly have 10s of more choices??? Lame excuses. Something happend according to law... If you disagree elect the member who change this law and make it how you like it.

Mate, I am not tendering an excuse on part of anyone. I have no sympathies other than that to the "Federation" sometimes also referred to as "pakistan"

Law is above everything including 'Continuity of Government and democracy'.
What is Law, forget?? When these lawyers were throwing Rose petals on Qadri who killed Governor Punjab.
Unbelievable lawyer of Pakistan!!
Where was law?? han
Supreme court and government are separate entity and they should work in their limits.
This is the parliment who makes decision about dismissal.
Supreme court should not dictate government.
There will remain no difference between the dictators and Generals.
Allow people to suffer 5 years who elects wrong candidate.

Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules SC
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled Speaker National Assembly Fehmida Mirza’s ruling as void and declared that Yousuf Raza Gilani stood disqualified since April 26, DawnNews reported.

The Supreme Court announced the move after convicting Gilani on April 26 of contempt for refusing to ask Switzerland to reopen a multi-million-dollar corruption investigation into President Asif Ali Zardari.

“Yousuf Raza Gilani has become disqualified from being member of the parliament,” said Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, reading the order.

“He has also ceased to be the prime minister of Pakistan with effect from the same date (April 26) and office of the prime minister shall be deemed to be vacant accordingly.

“The Election Commission is required to issue notification of disqualification… The president is required to take necessary steps under the constitution to ensure continuation of democratic process through parliamentary system of government in the country,” he added.

A three-member bench, comprising Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry, Justice Jawwad S. Khawaja and Justice Khilji Arif Hussain heard a set of constitutional petitions challenging National Assembly Speaker Fehmida Mirza’s ruling over the reference against Yousuf Raza Gilani.

The bench had been hearing a set of petitions filed by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), the Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI), Azhar Chaudhry advocate and others challenging the speaker’s ruling of May 24 over the qualification issue.

Tuesday’s hearing
Earlier during today’s hearing, Attorney General Irfan Qadir presented in court the National Assembly’s resolution endorsing the speaker’s ruling. The resolution had been moved by the government and was adopted by the NA on June 14.

“We respect the courts, however, state institutions should try to avoid clash amongst themselves,” the Attorney General said.

Upon which the Chief Justice remarked that the judiciary respected the parliament and that there was no clash between the state’s institutions.

Justice Khilji remarked that the court’s duty was to interpret the law and the constitution and to stop all measures which violate these.

Qadir said that if the court issued an order against the speaker’s ruling, the parliament would declare it invalid.

Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules SC | DAWN.COM

The below fxcxixg person is watching all this and saying i am here to stay.

beautyful-zarr-daari.jpg

brother i thought you thought some deal will come and CJ is corrupt so he will be pressurized! NOW you are PROVEN wrong!!! long live CJ
I never confrimed, it!
It waS just a. Thinking, but from now on your loving cj, will be seen as political member of Pmln & pti, don't forget the arsalan iftikar ,s pennding investigation & unseen proves?
In the end Cj also have to go !
In the end , punjab will become a battle field, Which will leed to. A un-declared or declared martiallaw?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom