What's new

Ghairat is not Honor!

This next 1 is an EST map of barley...Again we see 7 chromosomes! EST = expressed sequence tag

pic_map_01.jpg

Compare it with the gene map of rice.

Whats DsT Loci?

Not sure what DsT is...Can't seem to find the full article!

Compare it with the gene map of rice.

Whats DsT Loci?

Ds insertions

What are you nerds on about?

The following:

* Where the hell is Zarvan?
* Why did he run away without answering my query?
* English equivalent of "Ghairat"

And most importantly:

* Which avatar suits Talon's personality / Alter-ego? :P

Other than that, the current theory on Zarvan's whereabouts, as professed by our esteemed colleague @Forcetrip was that he is hiding somewhere on Saudi Forums.

And then you decided to join the @TrollTeamFive. :D

Additionally, right now, they are both boring me to death with gene sampling. I'd like it, if we were splicing Zarvan's genes! :P

This next 1 is an EST map of barley...Again we see 7 chromosomes! EST = expressed sequence tag

pic_map_01.jpg

Not sure what DsT is...Can't seem to find the full article!

Ds insertions

Stop posting pictures !!! Post something related to what you do so you can explain how genes work. How important are they in procreation. Stuff like that.

From what I just read, it is a transposon tagging system...

Stop posting pictures !!! Post something related to what you do so you can explain how genes work. How important are they in procreation. Stuff like that.

Dude it is not that simple! I can't post my work as it is not published yet :(

The following:

* Where the hell is Zarvan?
* Why did he run away without answering my query?
* English equivalent of "Ghairat"

And most importantly:

* Which avatar suits Talon's image? :P

Other than that, the current theory on Zarvan's whereabouts, as professed by our esteemed colleague @Forcetrip was that he is hiding somewhere on Saudi Forums.

And then you decided to join the @TrollTeamFive. :D

I'm not a member, but more like Batman. I work alone. :D

Perhaps Zarvan is busy. Maybe he is getting married soon?

I was posting the different types of maps...We have different markers and different phenotypic data (what the eye can see OR is measurable like height, awn length OR starch quantity)

Ok...Lets give you something simple...let me look for some simple map!

From what I just read, it is a transposon tagging system...

Dude it is not that simple! I can't post my work as it is not published yet :(

Something related to your work .. not your work .. !!! God!! .. now I am going to spend all night on wiki because of you.

Something related to your work .. not your work .. !!! God!! .. now I am going to spend all night on wiki because of you.

Ok! My work...Well, I will tell abit about my Masters work coz my PhD just started...

Well, I worked on a barley population which was a cross between a Pakistani barley and a UK barley variety.

The Pakistani barley was naked barley and it had good fiber content. But since it could not tolerate UK weather- as it grew too tall too fast and the winds in UK made it bend easily as it was too tall! So, the Pak Barley was crossed with UK barley hoping that some genes to tolerate UK weather would be passed to the progeny...

Out of many crosses- 6th generation and out of many progeny I worked on 300

I found the perfect avatar for Talon:

nerd.jpg

Oh no! No hijab?

Now what we do is...When we are interested in a trait and we may or may not which chromosome it belongs to so what we do is get a lot of data, a number of markers and run some statistical programs to see the probability of a trait (eg. height) being linked to a marker.

Ok! My work...Well, I will tell abit about my Masters work coz my PhD just started...

Well, I worked on a barley population which was a cross between a Pakistani barley and a UK barley variety.

The Pakistani barley was naked barley and it had good fiber content. But since it could not tolerate UK weather- as it grew too tall too fast and the winds in UK made it bend easily as it was too tall! So, the Pak Barley was crossed with UK barley hoping that some genes to tolerate UK weather would be passed to the progeny...

Out of many crosses- 6th generation and out of many progeny I worked on 300

Oh no! No hijab?
1rnq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom