What's new

Ghaher 313 fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
If put some wheels under this thing, me thinks it will have brighter future than India's Aryun tank, surely. :lol:

oke, jokes aside, though it is Iran's first try on stealthy flying object, it is nonetheless Made-in-Iran for most of it ( good spirit! :tup:) , unlike India's LCA which is made by France+Israel+Italy+UK+US+Russia...+India... :rofl:

I don't think it's appropriate to mock Indian members in a thread on Iranian fighter jet. Maybe you can edit it by yourself so that MOD doesn't have to delete another off topic post?

what advantage? try breathing with one of your nostrils closed...I am no expert,but almost all other jets I have seen,have bigger intakes as compared to their respective size.
I was sarcastic, there's no point in making the air intakes so small it's just a pure design flaw and this plane has an infinite number of flaws about it :) Iranians may have just made the world's first 5. generation trainer aircraft, no idiot would accept this as a fighter :)
JF-17 doesnt even have a BVR missile and you people are talking about selling this outdated plane to the Iranians.
don't be silly. do you think Iran has any better options?
BTW, China and Pakistan are working on the new engines for block II/III of JF-17, and it should be done in the next two year, do you think it is possible to sell it to Iran?
Screw engines, Pakistan should export JF17 directly, at least a batch of 200 planes at a time. Iran won't be making a fighter as half capable as JF17 in foreseeable future. These are only ridiculous propaganda tools of the regime.

Delivery of JF17 or any engine to Iran in sanctioned by UN law.

Qaher-313; mock-up of Iran's new indigenous stealth fighter jet.

The design look interesting, bubble canopy, single engine, possibly Helmet Mounted Display (as it has no HUD in this mock-up) and possibly some new research behind such small size jet with so big canards.

Problems/limitations:
1. Its a mock-up merely for psy-ops, original design will not be rolled out in a uear.
2. Poor cockpit design, with two very small MFDs.
3. Engine? will it be enough?
4. Small size means lesser internal fuel (which means external fuel loading) and non-stealth profile.
5. Smaller internal fuel means poor Range, so its merely a small size stealth interceptor; provided that its really stealth.
6. details of RAM coating unknown, a black painted aircraft is not necessarly stealth :p
7. Induction in Iranian AF, never in a decade. Being allegedly more sophisticated than Azarakhsh and Saeqeh; Iran's previous fighter jets it will hardly saw any production line.
8. Smaller weapon bay, meaning external weapon loads (if such small structure of wing is strong enough to hold enough weapons).

Conclusion:
Good topic for discussion only, not a design for operational role in Iranian AF. No offence with IRIAF's well wishers; but its only good looking and lack the basics of stealth design.

Now this is absolutely untrue, at least from the mock up, it doesn't have the capability of STOVL. I suppose the real aircraft would be something completely different from the mock up model

Maybe they secretly got engines from Russia or China.

Conclusion:
Good topic for discussion only, not a design for operational role in Iranian AF. No offence with IRIAF's well wishers; but its only good looking and lack the basics of stealth design.

It is definitely radar evasive, despite the canards. The problem is there is no clear video or any specs at this time.

You just nail it, i just read that information straight from the website, yet didn't think about the feasibility.

Building a jet engine from the scratch is some immense load of work, even i do respect the scientific achievements of Iran, but this cannot be done in a short amount of time.

BTW, China and Pakistan are working on the new engines for block II/III of JF-17, and it should be done in the next two years, do you think it is possible to sell it to Iran?

actually , we begine engine programe years ago .... but it will take time to achieve our goal ....

and about Qhaher 313 ... it will be ready till 1396-1404 ( 2016-2024 )... we need something to replace with F14 and F5 and F4 ...

we have a two engine airframe ( bigger than F313 ) project but it will take time ........

I'm glad to having an fighter program .... the future will be ours .....

actually , we begine engine programe years ago .... but it will take time to achieve our goal ....

and about Qhaher 313 ... it will be ready till 1396-1404 ( 2016-2024 )... we need something to replace with F14 and F5 and F4 ...

we have a two engine airframe ( bigger than F313 ) project but it will take time ........

I'm glad to having an fighter program .... the future will be ours .....

Where did you get those years from? The article says it will be MASS-PRODUCED soon.

Maybe they secretly got engines from Russia or China. If powered by a 100 kN turbofan, it may do it. It is a small aircraft.

It is definitely radar evasive, despite the canards. The problem is there is no clear video or any specs at this time.

Engine is one thing, to have the vertical landing capability, it should either have a lift-fan in the middle of its fuselage, or have size nozzles on the side that can direct thrust from its engine, yet we have seen neither of them on the mock-up. However, I agree the mock-up is merely for the show, and has no technical significant what so ever

I personally believe Iran is somewhat serious about its defence. So they are very possible working on its new generation fighter jet which is not what we've seen on these pics. And if they are developing their new jets, then they shouldn't include STOVL as one of the features. Being technically difficult to achieve is one thing, trading off over all performance for an unnecessary feature is another.

Anyway, just saying. I must admit, the way Iran release its fighter jet project ... I was expecting it to be a bit more serious. For now, a somewhat amateur mock-up model that has no technical significant, testing flying with a RC model, and government official announcing ambitious objectives of the fighter jet program that are technically irrelevant to the mock-up ... is somewhat disappointing.

Where did you get those years from? The article says it will be MASS-PRODUCED soon.

Actually , they said the project begun in 1388-1389 ( 2009-2010 ) and they showed mockup in actually size ... after this stage , they will time to make actual fighter and by some conjecture it will at least 5 years to make begin it for mass produce ....

and Defense minister say we would mass produce it ( for sure after complete the project ) ....

and I didn't specify an actual time ... I specify an range of time for complete of project .... and I hear it from someone ...

another probability is that they completed the project but begin their Intelligence game with USA .... they never show all of our card to USA and his overwhelming military power ( it is suicide mistake ) ... this is a lesson that who want to face a super power should learn from Iran ... don't show everything you have ...

they show test of Khalij Fars missile without any previous news
They show Raad missile system without any previous news ...
they sending satellite to orbit without any previous news ....

simply they do most thing is silence .... we are not like other countries and prefer to do the job in silence ... the only thing that we couldn't do in silence was nuclear program ...

Actually , they said the project begun in 1388-1389 ( 2009-2010 ) and they showed mockup in actually size ... after this stage , they will time to make actual fighter and by some conjecture it will at least 5 years to make begin it for mass produce ....

and Defense minister say we would mass produce it ( for sure after complete the project ) ....

and I didn't specify an actual time ... I specify an range of time for complete of project .... and I hear it from someone ...

another probability is that they completed the project but begin their Intelligence game with USA .... they never show all of our card to USA and his overwhelming military power ( it is suicide mistake ) ... this is a lesson that who want to face a super power should learn from Iran ... don't show everything you have ...

they show test of Khalij Fars missile without any previous news
They show Raad missile system without any previous news ...
they sending satellite to orbit without any previous news ....

simply they do most thing is silence .... we are not like other countries and prefer to do the job in silence ... the only thing that we couldn't do in silence was nuclear program ...

Does Iran have any anti-missile project? I mean even including the midcourse one. :coffee:

I don't have the intention to make some off-topic replies, but you can answer my question in the other thread about Iran.

we have no news about it , so we can say that Iran have no anti Ballistic missile project ....... our main project is B373 and it is long range air defense system ....

Some countries don't have determination, so they cannot achieve what Iran has achieved even they are richer than Iran. :coffee:

Some countries don't have determination, so they cannot achieve what Iran has achieved even they are richer than Iran. :coffee:

thanks ....

about Qaher 313 :
project manager said that air force and he had and wanted to revers engineer one of our current fighter ( Mig 29 or F14 ) but our leader said to go and design a fighter with Iranian scientists capability , believe in young Iranian scientists and engineers ...

for sure they could reverse engine F14 with ease ( because we making most of it spare parts in Iran ) but we take harder path to obtain better result ....

and this is logical ... 5-10 years later F14 ( with his super high RCS ) have no chance against F35 that has Awax support but Qaher 313 has future in his hand ...

even if it has a problem , we can modify it and make it better because it is our design ...

for sure USA intelligence service professionals observers can extract so much information from Qaher 313's pics and movie .... so who should get massage get it ... let other to bash us with their words ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom