What's new

Germany wins right to host Euro 2024 over Turkey

@Georg

How did number of Turks go down in Germany in last 30 years?
When I was in Berlin in 2004, the streets were full of Turkish children.

because since the early 2000 more turks leave Germany than new come to Germany... Berlin is something special... about 100.000 turkish live there...

Turkey is not fit with Erdogan in power. It would legitimize his dictatorial system. I’m saying this as a Turk.

Yes before Erdoğan Turkey hosted 3 World Cups, 4 European Championships. Damn Erdoğan ruined it all!!!

This calm posture of you as you write something clever ...

Good it didn't happen. We should instead focus on increasing the quality of our soccer teams and our national team. We are in decline since 2008 Euros

Plus 2 more points:
1. Why the **** would you put Nusret in the promotional video? Are you retarded?

2. Thousands of tourists running drunk around Konya? Are you serious

Yes before Erdoğan Turkey hosted 3 World Cups, 4 European Championships. Damn Erdoğan ruined it all!!!

This calm posture of you as you write something clever ...

you hosted in 2005 the UEFA Championsleague Final... the most important club final of the best club league in the world...
and it is remembered as one of the best ever...

Let’s leave aside the butt hurt comments about how racist UEFA and Europeans are and instead look at the facts.

To me it’s quite normal to choose Germany as a host... not only against Turkey but against almost any other nation in Europe.

Germany as a top 5 world economy and an economic powerhouse of Europe has the best possible transport and hosting infrastructure in place and also is one of the best footballing/sports cultures in the World. They have big stadiums (the smallest one in Germany’s bid is still bigger than 7 of Turkey’s 10 suggested vanues) that are up to the highest possible standards and the Bundesliga is one of the best leagues in the world. I won’t even talk Germany’s National team , their history in football and etc.

Germany can easily host not a EURO but a World Cup... not in 2024 but next week if they have to and it will be without any problem. People work hard and work professionally- starting from their bid, to developing their football on all levels to presenting themselves to the world. While Germans have in their bid committee people like Beckenbauer, Philip Lahm, Low etc, Turks have the good for nothing idiots from the Turkish Football Federation and Salt Bae... freaking Nusret. When I saw him in Turkey’s bid video during the UEFA presentation I felt ashamed. With so many beautiful things from Turkey to present to the world, with so many culture and history, nice food and people they choose an internet meme that is not even popular anymore.

I won’t even talk about all the other mistakes made in Turkey’s bid. Of course that Turkey deserves and is able to host a big tournament but against Germany it is impossible to win no matter what you do just because it’s the best possible option and has no risks in it.

you hosted in 2005 the UEFA Championsleague Final... the most important club final of the best club league in the world...
and it is remembered as one of the best ever...

There is HUGE difference between hosting a tournament and a single game.

There is HUGE difference between hosting a tournament and a single game.

this was just a reminder that you did not host nothing so far...there are many nation not having hosted a world cup or european championship

Let’s leave aside the butt hurt comments about how racist UEFA and Europeans are and instead look at the facts.

To me it’s quite normal to choose Germany as a host... not only against Turkey but against almost any other nation in Europe.

Germany as a top 5 world economy and an economic powerhouse of Europe has the best possible transport and hosting infrastructure in place and also is one of the best footballing/sports cultures in the World. They have big stadiums (the smallest one in Germany’s bid is still bigger than 7 of Turkey’s 10 suggested vanues) that are up to the highest possible standards and the Bundesliga is one of the best leagues in the world. I won’t even talk Germany’s National team , their history in football and etc.

Germany can easily host not a EURO but a World Cup... not in 2024 but next week if they have to and it will be without any problem. People work hard and work professionally- starting from their bid, to developing their football on all levels to presenting themselves to the world. While Germans have in their bid committee people like Beckenbauer, Philip Lahm, Low etc, Turks have the good for nothing idiots from the Turkish Football Federation and Salt Bae... freaking Nusret. When I saw him in Turkey’s bid video during the UEFA presentation I felt ashamed. With so many beautiful things from Turkey to present to the world, with so many culture and history, nice food and people they choose an internet meme that is not even popular anymore.

I won’t even talk about all the other mistakes made in Turkey’s bid. Of course that Turkey deserves and is able to host a big tournament but against Germany it is impossible to win no matter what you do just because it’s the best possible option and has no risks in it.

8b619316-8bb2-4f0e-bf63-4adee78708c7.jpg

this was just a reminder that you did not host nothing so far...there are many nation not having hosted a world cup or european championship

Germany rules Europe and Germany bought pathetic slave UEFA to host euro 2024
because of Germany doesnt want Turkey even in the EU ... all about politics
also Turkey is muslim country , Europe is christian ,, christian countries supports each others against muslim Turkey .... a new trend of Racism, Xenophobia, and Islamophobia in Europe ...... also zionist lobby so hates president ERDOGAN

Germany recently hosted the world cup and european championship
It would be nice to see a different country do it and Turkey is the best of them
Turkey is not Bulgaria,Romania,Czech Republic,Greece,Polland,Hungary,Finland,Denmark,Portugal,Austria,Belgium,Norway
Turkey is G-20 country and industrialized country and economic powerhouse in the region

Turkey has everyting to host european championship 2024

-- World's biggest Airport will open in Istanbul 29.10.2018
-- Turkish Airlines flies to more countries in the world than any other airline and Turkish Airlines is with an average fleet age of 6.6 years ( the best in Europe )
-- Turkey spent $165 billion for construction investment in the last 15 years
( The number of Airports has risen from 26 to 55 at the end of the season Airport’s number will rise to 60 ..
the length of the two-way roads has risen from 6.000 km to 24.000 km more )
-- 41 cities will be connected by high speed railways ( 11.000 km ) the second longest in the world after China
( 1,213 km high-speed railway line was in operation in Turkey and Construction of 3,798 km of railway is underway )
-- 92.000 capacity ultra modern stadium in Istanbul for final and 65.000 capacity ultra modern stadium in Ankara for semi final
-- Turkey built new modern stadiums in Bursa,Kocaeli,Eskisehir,Trabzon,Konya,Gaziantep,Antalya in the last 3 years for Euro 2024 ..... also 52.000 capacity TT Arena in Istanbul for euro 2024
-- Turkish people so love football .... Turkey has a great football scene, a big footballing culture
-- Turkey expects over 40 million of tourists from abroad by 2018 ,, ( Turkey has great Hotels , kind people , delicious dishes , great culture and history , sea-sun-beach combined )

Last edited:
To my countryman: pls first ask yourselves if Turkey can/should afford such a huge event with current economic condition instead of posting salty comments here.

with current economic condition ? İts not economic crisis .. Turkish economy is under attack by the US
all about politic , not economic

and almost all stadiums , modern airports including new Istanbul Airport , hotels , etc are ready

Turkey spent $165 billion for construction investment in the last 15 years
( The number of Airports has risen from 26 to 55 at the end of the season Airport’s number will rise to 60 ..
the length of the two-way roads has risen from 6.000 km to 24.000 km more )

Ankara-Eskisehir-Konya-Istanbul high speed train railways are ready

Turkey built new modern stadiums in Bursa,Kocaeli,Eskisehir,Trabzon,Konya,Gaziantep,Antalya in the last 3 years for Euro 2024 ..... also 52.000 capacity TT Arena in Istanbul is ready for euro 2024

Turkey should build only 92.000 capacity ultra modern stadium in Istanbul for final instead of 76.000 capacity Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul

so Turkey easly can host Euro 2024 , but its okey Germany will host Euro 2024 and good luck

btw Turkey still continue spending billions of dollars for over 3,5 million of Syrian refugees in Turkey and in the last 2 years Turkey spent over $14 billion for humanitarian aid in the world

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom