What's new

Germany imports Iranian-made COVID-19 test kits

Philosopher

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
TEHRAN – A consignment of COVID-19 diagnostic kits manufactured by an Iranian knowledge-based company has been exported to Germany.

The shipment has consisted of 40,000 coronavirus detection kits, Behrooz Hajian Tehrani, project manager and CEO of the manufacturing company said on Tuesday, ISNA news agency reported.

Referring to the company's background of producing tumor marker test kits, infectious and hormonal diseases and more than five types of biochemical kits, he said that “So far, these products have been exported to countries such as Germany, Italy, Belgium, Brazil, South Korea, and Turkey.”

Emphasizing that the diagnostic kits made by this company have been able to receive complex processes for obtaining a license in the country, he announced the kits have also obtained the European CE (certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards) license.

There are about 150 companies and research centers around the world who could produce these kits, most of which are based in China and the United States, while many developed European countries have not yet been able to create the test kits, he explained.

“The shipment, which was exported to Germany today, includes 40,000 diagnostic tests,” he stated, adding, “Turkey, Ecuador, Brazil, and Spain are among the countries that have applied to buy Iranian kits to diagnose coronavirus infection.”

With the onset of the epidemic, Iranian researchers soon achieved the technology to produce three kinds of COVID-19 diagnostic kits that hit the market.

Two types of diagnostic kits are now mass-produced by knowledge-based companies, first one is the RT-PCR tests, 8 million of which are being produced per month; while the other is serology-based tests that a total of 400,000 are being manufactured monthly and is expected to reach up to 2 million.

The first cases of COVID-19 were identified in the Chinese city of Wuhan in late 2019, which has now spread to more than 210 countries, infecting nearly 3,663,968 people and killing more than 252,758.

Some 100,000 people have so far been diagnosed with the coronavirus in Iran, the health ministry announced on Tuesday.

Health ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour said that the total number of people diagnosed with the coronavirus has reached 99,970 of whom 6,340 have lost their lives.

However, fortunately, 80,474 patients, equaling 80.5 percent of the total, have recovered from the disease.

FB/MG
https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/447554/Germany-imports-Iranian-made-COVID-19-test-kits

Total of 40+ countries importing Iranian COVID-19 PCR kit.
About the same number of countries importing Iranian COVID-19 serology kits.
Multiple donations of the PCR kits given to countries in immediate need including Afghanistan.

Awesome development. We should make sure our neighbors like Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq have full and free access to the covid-19 PCR kits and free treatments. That will keep us safe.

Last edited:
serological testing is the key for reopening of any country. i dont know why pakistan is not doing any serological studies. PCR only shows active virus but its the serological studies the antibody test that will showthe extent of general population who got actually got the disease and recovered without any treatment. the serological studies carried out in USA show that the population already affected by corona virus is about 50-85 times the officially declared positive patients. about 25 % population in new york have been affected .that means if a city has population of 1 crore 25 lac have already been affected and they have recovered. so these people can live their normal lives.pakistani policy makers always delay making a decision. we shoud carry out antibody tests. they are rapid and cheap as compare to PCR. a person with positive serology (Ig G) anti bodies means that the person had the infection and has the anti bodies in his body. that person can carry out normal routine activities as he has the immunity against the virus atleast for an year or so. so if a country wants to reopen it must carry out massive serological studies.

Total of 40+ countries importing Iranian COVID-19 PCR kit.
About the same number of countries importing Iranian COVID-19 serology kits.
Multiple donations of the PCR kits given to countries in immediate need including Afghanistan.

Awesome development. We should make sure our neighbors like Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq have full and free access to the covid-19 PCR kits and free treatments. That will keep us safe.
Mashallah may Allah grant you wisdom. Wish our leaders thought like you

Good stuff, Iran has so much experience of tackling this horrible infection.

My take-away from this is not merely a favourable impression about Iranian technical competence, but also relief that this should dispel the noxious fumes of the hoax that the Trump administration sought to perpetrate on the world. Unsuccessfully, one might add; while India retreated from its open alignment with Iran, even for one opposed to Modi, it is difficult to deny that he acted with circumspection and regard for India's interests.

My take-away from this is not merely a favourable impression about Iranian technical competence, but also relief that this should dispel the noxious fumes of the hoax that the Trump administration sought to perpetrate on the world. Unsuccessfully, one might add; while India retreated from its open alignment with Iran, even for one opposed to Modi, it is difficult to deny that he acted with circumspection and regard for India's interests.
And my take-way from your post is that you expect us simple people(90% of the forum members) to have a academic level of the English language to understand what you wrote.
To much work for my brain,my head hurts again.:pissed::pissed::pissed:

How is Iran getting payments for these sales given sanctions? Which bank would facilitate this trade?

And my take-way from your post is that you expect us simple people(90% of the forum members) to have a academic level of the English language to understand what you wrote.
To much work for my brain,my head hurts again.:pissed::pissed::pissed:

I'm going to be very patient here.

What you need to do, WITHOUT wasting time, is to join up with Pakistan, conquer India and take me prisoner. Then you have to torture me; waterboarding with whisky is a humble suggestion, and I prefer any of the Highland single malts.

That would squash a pretentious preachy little pedant and put him to death by slow, very slow degrees.

How is Iran getting payments for these sales given sanctions? Which bank would facilitate this trade?

There is huge shortage of proven COVID-19 kits in the world. Iranian kits are tested and validated in many locations. Whoever needs it will find his/her own way of payment.

It is not always for money though. A shipment of about 50000 was sent to Afghanistan for free, which is as important.

For the eurotrash it would very probably be INSTEX I`d think,as for the rest cash&carry,barter,sanctions busting through front companies and the like.
Some or even all of these are virtually certain.

while India retreated from its open alignment with Iran, even for one opposed to Modi, it is difficult to deny that he acted with circumspection and regard for India's interests.

India has a strategic partnership with Iran, doors will stay open though not completely. But it has nothing to do with Modi's diplomacy. What makes you think that?

India has a strategic partnership with Iran, doors will stay open though not completely. But it has nothing to do with Modi's diplomacy. What makes you think that?

There has been a visible recoil, and it is probably to be attributed to Modi.

Back
Top Bottom