What's new

germany denies israel war ship subsidies

MarkusS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Chancellor Merkel decided to cancel a massive subsidy that she promised Israel for purchasing 6 war boats:

Germany nixes gunboat subsidy to Israel, citing breakdown of peace talks - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

Now she has nixed the deal to give Israel a 30% discount on a $1 billion purchase of German gunboats.

Merkel’s national security adviser Christoph Heusgen told his israeli counterpart Cohen that there was “no chance” Germany’s parliament would approve the deal “given the breakdown of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, which has been blamed at least partly on Israeli settlement construction.“

Merkels decission will cost israel several hundred million €. This is bad news for israel. Germany is one o the core backbones of their military right after the USA.

Well this only shows how far up Israel's buthole Germany has been sniffing.
To deny a 30 % discount is now considered a punishment? Dear Lord...
It should never have been there in the first place!

Why not? It generates jobs in germany and is a common form to subsidize otherwise not profitable business. We also subsidize coal mining and so on. Beside that israel is our best investment in the middle east.

Why not? It generates jobs in germany and is a common form to subsidize otherwise not profitable business. We also subsidize coal mining and so on. Beside that israel is our best investment in the middle east.

Well how is that?

Germans seriously need to grow a spine and get out of this guilt trodden foreign policy towards Israel.

Well this only shows how far up israel's buthole germany has been sniffing.
To deny a 30 % discount is now considered a punishment? Dear Lord...
It should never have been there in the first place!

True, but Israels come in and play the victim card. Their foreign policy is based on duplicity and nothing else.

I think you dont get it. There is no "guilt" card involved. This is ice cold foreign politics from germany. It is in our best interest to have a powerful israel in the region. But sometimes you need a leash.

I think you dont get it. There is no "guilt" card involved. This is ice cold foreign politics from germany. It is in our best interest to have a powerful israel in the region. But sometimes you need a leash.

A lot of discrepancy in that mess of a post.

The next day the Israelis will cry out blood demanding % 50 subsidies of Germany.

The question should be " Why Germany should have given freebies to Israel in the first place? "

Last edited:
The next day the Israelis will cry out blood demanding % 50 subsidies of Germany.

The question should be " Why Germany should have given freebies to Israel in the first place? "

because they are our outpost in the middle east and a strong israel is in our best interests

because they are our outpost in the middle east and a strong israel is in our best interests

Good answer! So by now I'm guessing that Germany has enough on her plate from Israel, right?

Good answer! So by now I'm guessing that Germany has enough on her plate from Israel, right?

See it as a penalty meassure. The settlement issue gets annoying.

Actually you got it backwards. The more friendly you get with Israel, you will find yourself having less influence among other actors in the ME.

Israel is a strategic burden.

Not quite true. Israel is "divide at impera" policies. Germany has great relations with Israel and also has the best reputation in most muslim countries.

Not quite true. Israel is "divide at impera" policies. Germany has great relations with Israel and also has the best reputation in most muslim countries.

I was talking about West in general in my previous, and not specifically Germany. I doubt Germany itself has much political influence in MENA.
USA is the main actor, and Germany takes a bit of a backseat. If that.

What are the other countries Israel would turn into in the event of taking such measures as Germany's?

Do you think Germany's move is justified?

I was talking about West in general in my previous, and not specifically Germany. I doubt Germany itself has much political influence in MENA.
USA is the main actor, and Germany takes a bit of a backseat. If that.

See it that way, Isarel allows christianity acess to Jerusalem. A muslim Palestine would be hostile towards Christians and we were back at the last crusade. Israel is in our best interests. We push them up in their military to make them untouchable and supply also weapons on the other side like Saudi Arabia. The friction generates business.

Back
Top Bottom