German with Hitler ringtone faces jail term

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Updated at: 1541 PST, Thursday, July 01, 2010
BERLIN: A German man who had a speech by Adolf Hitler as his ring tone and a picture of the Nazi dictator in front of a swastika on his mobile phone could face up to three years in jail, police said on Thursday.

Authorities seized the 54-year-old's phone at Harburg station on Tuesday, near the northern city of Hamburg, after fellow train passengers shocked by the sound of Hitler screaming alerted police.

"It was an original speech by Adolf Hitler which ended with the phrase 'Sieg Heil'," police spokesman Ruediger Carstens told foreign news agency, adding: "He also had a photo of Hitler standing in front of a swastika."

Police have handed the case over to prosecutors. Under German law, the man could face up to three years in prison or a fine, the police spokesman added. The public display of Nazi symbols like the swastika have been banned in Germany since the end of World War II.

====================

Free speech? :undecided:

Updated at: 1541 PST, Thursday, July 01, 2010
BERLIN: A German man who had a speech by Adolf Hitler as his ring tone and a picture of the Nazi dictator in front of a swastika on his mobile phone could face up to three years in jail, police said on Thursday.

Authorities seized the 54-year-old's phone at Harburg station on Tuesday, near the northern city of Hamburg, after fellow train passengers shocked by the sound of Hitler screaming alerted police.

"It was an original speech by Adolf Hitler which ended with the phrase 'Sieg Heil'," police spokesman Ruediger Carstens told foreign news agency, adding: "He also had a photo of Hitler standing in front of a swastika."

Police have handed the case over to prosecutors. Under German law, the man could face up to three years in prison or a fine, the police spokesman added. The public display of Nazi symbols like the swastika have been banned in Germany since the end of World War II.

====================

Free speech? :undecided:

Free speech= Jews can kill or spread hatred against any one they please .

Hope that helps

Ridiculous.I strongly support Freedom of Speech on all issues.

So is it justified??/ do you support it ?

Jana jee, aap to asim ko itni dair se jaanti hai
He is a worshpper of Freedom of Speech. Obviously he will oppose this decision :cheers:

So do i :)

Hats off to europeon freedom of speech...
hats-off-thumb3089040.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

this thread is not about Danish cartoons :sick:

Don't reply to him zaki.. he's just a troll...:sick:

Freedom of Speech LOL.... It's okay to offend the 1.3 billion Muslims, but its not okay to have a Hitler ring tone... Wow, simply wow.

Freedom of Speech LOL.... It's okay to offend the 1.3 billion Muslims, but its not okay to have a Hitler ring tone... Wow, simply wow.

Hey from where i can have this Hitler ring tone on my new sexy cell phone :partay: wana practice phreedom of spheech

Hey from where i can have this Hitler ring tone on my new sexy cell phone :partay: wana practice phreedom of spheech
it was hitler's speech as his ringtone :lol:

download from youtube........... practice kar ke batana kaisi feeling thee
baad main mujhe bhi practice karna hai freedom :lol:

The shadow cast by Nazism upon Europeans was very black indeed. I suppose most don't want to have anything to do with Nazism any more. They neither want to see the Nazi tyranny rise again nor be reminded of the time it did; and they remember that the Nazis abused freedom of speech to drown out all other voices.

So for the Europeans, anti-Nazi laws makes them feel that they are asserting their own freedom from tyranny. Everyone felt they were necessary immediately after WWII. I expect that within another generation these laws will be repealed.

Back
Top Bottom