What's new

German official blames China for Somalia's famine

Perhaps it was the 99.7 percent of the African owned land that is causing the famine. Overwhelming majority of the blame is their own.

Maybe you are right, but then I am surprised you don't seem to have a conscience.

If you could get a good yield from Africa, surely you could have taught them something and do some good for mankind.

It would also have gone a long way for Chinese PR.

But then, you are entitled to your views.

Really?

Were they trained for administration?

Aren't you talking like an Imperialist even though you are I presume of Chinese origin?

I am WASP, not Chinese. Just sick of hearing how Outsiders are responsible for everyones problem. If the Chinese are taking advantage, someone local inked the deal.

Maybe you are right, but then I am surprised you don't seem to have a conscience.

If you could get a good yield from Africa, surely you could have taught them something and do some good for mankind.

It would also have gone a long way for Chinese PR.

Agricultural techniques are not exactly aerospace secrets. Most of what they know came from way before the Chinese arrived.

Agricultural techniques are not exactly aerospace secrets. Most of what they know came from way before the Chinese arrived.

They have primitive methods for agriculture and irrigation.

I am sure the Chinese don't have primitive methods of agriculture or irrigation.

As far as I know China was inveting in Libyan oil and Honorable Gaffaifi was donating to African leaders and farmers money to be free of Wester corporations

When NATO attacked Libya , alot of funding programs and social programs funded by Gaddafi in Africa were destroyed , and also Chinese investment stopped which resulted in problem in Africa

NATO is to blame

African nations Union also admitted all the donatiosn and programs to help African poor nations , because honorable Gaddafi wanted to promote peace and development in African continent , and China also assited in setting up refineries , looking at big picture

But Europe DECIDED to invade Libya ... go figure and now all the poor african countries have no funding and food and they have nerves to blame it on China how irresponsible

Gaddafi :

THE MAN who wanted to unite Africa

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...dying-dream-for-african-unity/article1915485/

Under his grandiose ambitions, the United States of Africa would have its own common army, its own passport, and its own currency (to be named, he said solemnly, “the Afro”).

They have primitive methods for agriculture and irrigation.

I am sure the Chinese don't have primitive methods of agriculture or irrigation.

Chinese agricultural methods are not magic either.They can't make a 50 ton harvest magically into a 100 ton one. In these things marginal improvement is difficult.

Chinese agricultural methods are not magic either.They can't make a 50 ton harvest magically into a 100 ton one. In these things marginal improvement is difficult.

Does China use or allow GM crops?

GM crops are currently not allowed, but the government is in favor of using them in the near future; but a lot of people are really against the idea of GM crops.

I thick the issue isnt whether they allow it or not. The issue is that this idiot has been given the time and space to make stupid statements of this nature. Africa has had years of exploitation resulting in extreme poverty. Lets not put it down on China. What a load of rubbish.

The entire African continent has been exploited by EUROPEANS/AMERICANS for centuries! Is the condition of Africa today really a mystery?

This German douche bag probably also blames Nazi war crimes on China. :disagree:

You know what: there may be some tiny tiny Chinese blood in Hitler's great great....great uncle???

Do not be surprised that someday German researchers may declare such finding.

Frankly I am sick of hearing this famine stories in Africa eventhough publication after publication cite Africa as the richest, most fertile continent in the world. India also had famine in the past, but after the Green & White Revolution, we solved it and even manages to export some to the world market. The Africans also should do the same and come forward to solve their hunger problem and stop depending on foreign food aid. Mismanagement is one of the main reasons for African famine. Classic example is Zimbabwae, who was totally self sufficient in farming but Mr. Mugagbe decided on the redistribution of farm lands, they have famine and their inflation is the highest in the world.

the Europeans did it to some extent but no where close to what china is doing buying up alll the farm land and starving the Africans to feed the chineese back home

Really!!!!
393px-MutilatedChildrenFromCongo.jpg

Congolese labourers who failed to meet rubber collection quotas were often punished by having their hands cut off

Back
Top Bottom