What's new

German cartoon triggers Indian population

And I'm not arguing about people's choices, I'm talking about nominal cost of vehicles produced.
I am trying to tell you Germans are not known for cheap cars. Their cars have higher price point (nominal and real) than European and rest of world peers

One of my older uncles told me that after he got out of a cinema around 9 PM in Calcutta some years ago - he saw dozens of Indian women moviegoers peeing (kapra utarke) next to the drain outside. :omghaha:

Any Bangladeshi (or for that matter any Muslim) woman would have killed herself rather than subject themselves to this sort of shameless behavior.

Why blame Germans? They have eyes - they can see this stuff ....

Last edited:
I am trying to tell you Germans are not known for cheap cars. Their cars have higher price point (nominal and real) than European and rest of world peers
I am talking about higher cost of production in Germany compared to India for the n'th time. Even if they produce a "cheap car" it will still be more expensive than the same model built in India.

8c39f84d061ede9b31992bf87892e833--transgender-bingo.jpg

"Om shanti"

I am talking about higher cost of production in Germany compared to India for the n'th time. Even if they produce a "cheap car" it will still be more expensive than the same model built in India.

that assumes apple to apple comparison. The braking system on the BMW is not the same as in Tata Indica or Maruti Suzuki. It is more a gee whiz system. The emissions controls are more stringent in Germany. All this adds to the costs.

Germany have higher labor costs partially offset by automation in factories.

It will be close to impossible to get apples to apples comparison

Trains in India are electrified, doing such things in India will get your barbecued instantly, and those videos from bangladesh are as recent as 2 to 3 years while the pic you posted is the one thats a decade old.

It is a part of Delhi-Mumbai High-Speed Rail corridor and covers India's wealthiest cities on the west coast. Its anything but pointless unlike the one ya'll are dreaming to build in Bangladesh.

Only four out of eighteen rail zones in India are electrified.

Electrification works in India, fine for Indians.

that assumes apple to apple comparison. The braking system on the BMW is not the same as in Tata Indica or Maruti Suzuki. It is more a gee whiz system. The emissions controls are more stringent in Germany. All this adds to the costs.

Germany have higher labor costs partially offset by automation in factories.

It will be close to impossible to get apples to apples comparison
Thats why I said the cost to produce same model in Germany is more than India, is that too difficult to understand?

Only four out of eighteen rail zones in India are electrified.

Electrification works in India, fine for Indians.
And those 4 zones amount for 90% of our railways
Fsx7_vnWwAAmXNR

Frogs in a waterwell syndrome. Ignorant chest thumping galore which is hilarious.

Indians thinking whatever works for their cesspit situation works for the rest of the world.

24/7 Chaiwalla Godi Media propaganda (WION etc.) and victimhood ("The vaarld hates Hindoos!") isn't helping.

It has more to do with their centralized one party state structure more than anything else. Nobody dare challenge the writ of the state/CCP.

Idhar BC har dusri cheez le k protests chalu ho jaati h, people on the streets and politicians fighting in parliament.. makes for spicy news talk shows, debates and twitter fights and meme fests.. but on the ground ka kam ruk jaata full istop.

Chine me ji, ek baar bol dia to everyone better comply.. collectivist greater good dekh ke log maan bhi jaate hai.. makhmali glove ke andar lohe ki mutthi jo hai.

That out of the way, improvement to kaafi hui in recent times in the railways.. booking tickets to the stations themselves to the cars and facilities provided onboard.. holistic improvement.. used to be dirty chaotic bidi smoke filled pan splattered stations, all of that is improving.

Railways will go the aviation way eventually, lot of out airports are now world class, aviation industry is also booming. Back in the day (90s and earlier) airports suffered from bad bidi smoke, dirty facilities.. same shite that plagues the railways. Things are far from perfect but on the upswing. Aap khud aa k dekho kisi din.

In general Chinese are better educated, better work ethic , better fed , more productive and spend far more on research than Indians …

More importantly it has got to with attitude. Chinese in general have a far positive and progressive attitude than Indians

I’ve never travelled on a bullet train, but I prefer the old ones we have in Pakistan. In worst case scenario, at least you can jump out… lol
Why? At least Bullet train will send you directly to jannah in case of accident🤣

With India set to overtake China in terms of population, a 'racist' cartoon reportedly published by German magazine 'Der Spiegel' to depict the demographic change has irked Indians. The cartoon shows an overloaded train with people sitting atop it holding a tricolour while a Chinese bullet train is seen behind on another track probably showing China with technological advancement and India with old-age infra.

However, the cartoon has not gone well with Indians and several prominent leaders criticised the 'racist' depiction. Senior Adviser, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Kanchan Gupta said, "Hi Germany, this is outrageously racist. @derspiegel caricaturing India in this manner has no resemblance to reality. Purpose is to show #India down and suck up to #China. This is as bad if not worse than the racist cartoon in @nytimes lampooning India’s successful Mars mission."

Reacting to the cartoon, National Vice President BJP Baijayant Jay Panda said, "In German, the name of influential magazine Der Spiegel means The Mirror. But going by this derogatory, racist cartoon, it should change its name to Rassistischer Troll. & considering Germany’s difficult history involving racism & the holocaust, Germans everywhere should force this race baiting publication to hold a mirror to its conscience."

Another Twitter user said, "Germany has lost several industries post Ukraine war, their govt spending half trillion this winter on gas, this is how they will take frustration out, by the way India economy will surpass them soon!"
Union Minister of State for Entrepreneurship, Skill Development, Electronics & Technology, Rajeev Chandrasekhar said, "Dear Cartoonist at

@derspiegel. Notwithstanding your attempt at mocking India, its not smart to bet against India under PM @narendramodi ji. In a few years India's economy will be bigger than germany's."

United Nations Population Fund's (UNFPA) 'State of World Population Report' for 2023 said that India's population by mid-year is estimated at 1.4286 billion, against 1.4257 billion for China. So by the mid of 2023, India's population will be 2.9 million more than China.

According to a new UNFPA report, 25 per cent of India's population is in the age group of 0-14 years, 18 per cent in the 10 to 19 age group, 26 per cent in the age bracket of 10 to 24 years, 68 per cent in 15 to 64 years age group, and 7 per cent above 65 years. Estimates by different agencies have suggested that India's population is expected to keep rising for nearly three decades before it peaks at 165 crore and then start declining.

It is the truth and we should accept it. China is way ahead in infrastructure.

A mature response. I saw an Indian taking it literally and going on about progress of Indian rail networks and infrastructure. The point this cartoon is making is that Indian population growth is runaway while China has managed to arrest hers and is instead racing ahead in terms of quality of living.
Well said. Problem is legislation of birth control in a democracy. It has its challenges

Well said. Problem is legislation of birth control in a democracy. It has its challenges
You don't need a mandatory 1/2 child policy. You need to increase awareness, improve access to birth control, increase female participation in labour force, disincentivise having more than 2 children (take away any subsidies, additional taxes and fees, etc.), etc. Once women (espcially rural women) get more say on family matters, birth rates would free fall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom