What's new

GEO MUST BE BANNED.

They are sponsored by Tata (India). They have anti Pakistan message in almost everything. At least Fox news is working for their own nation, this one is working directly for the opponent.

Are you got to see Tata's balancesheet or form 3CD

Any one we don't like must be banned or is an Indian agent. You have a problem with GEO take them to court don't like what they are saying don't listen simple.
this part...

I find it disturbing how Pakistanis use the word "jew" to describe anything they hate.
You just realized or you felt deem to highlight it??! :pop:

Most media stuff is owned by Jewish people that is where the Jew media comes in...some also comes in from conspiracy theories...

You just realized or you felt deem to highlight it??! :pop:

Most media stuff is owned by Jewish people that is where the Jew media comes in...some also comes in from conspiracy theories...

I've found it disturbing for some time. I just thought of mentioning it only now.

Which media houses in Pak are owned by Jewish people? Is GEO really owned by Jewish people? If not, why use "jew" as a insult?

I've found it disturbing for some time. I just thought of mentioning it only now.

Which media houses in Pak are owned by Jewish people? Is GEO really owned by Jewish people? If not, why use "jew" as a insult?
1stly, we are not sure who really backs GEO with $$ ...Foreign investors are not questioned when bringing in $$ to the country...Prob how we got Talibunnies!

for all we know it could be a sub branch of:

The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 98 facilities, approximately 77,000 beds, and 18,000 employees around the globe. Welcome to The GEO Group, Inc.

Within the $3 billion private prison industry, GEO Group is the nation's second largest for-profit prison operator. One of its prisons, which is the subject of an NPR News investigation, is now being investigated by the Department of Justice, and a civil rights lawsuit alleges that juvenile inmates are being held in "barbaric and unconstitutional conditions."
What Is GEO Group? : NPR

About Us No where do they show where their real host is...

Jang Group of Newspapers (colloquially known as simply the Jang Group) is a subsidiary of the Independent Media Corporation. Its headquarters is in Printing House, Karachi. It is Pakistan's largest group of newspapers and the publisher of the Urdu newspaper the Daily Jang (جنگ), The News International, Mag Weekly, and Awam.[citation needed] GEO News, an Urdu news channel, is affiliated with the group.

Mir Khalil ur Rehman was the founder of the group and his son, Mir Shakil ur Rehman, is the present head of the business house based in Karachi.[citation needed] Mir Shakil ur Rehman is considered to be the 3rd richest person in Pakistan.

Mir Khalil ur Rahman was born in 1927 to a middle-class family in the town of Gujranwala, Punjab, where he received his schooling and college education. Having finished his basic education, he graduated in Accountancy from the Punjab University. During the Second World War, his parents moved to New Delhi, capital of the British Indian Empire. It was here that he discovered his love for journalism. The newspaper world attracted him far more than the dull books of accountancy. He had a passion for reading and writing and a fondness for newspapers and magazines. He sat glued to his radio set, listening to the latest war news.

In 1940, when he was still a student, he started a newspaper for Muslims in pre-partition Hindustan fighting in World War II in Delhi. He called it the Jang, or War. This was not an exaggerated name as some believed, but a statement against war, and so Mir Khalil-ur-Rehman made it clear that he was doing this for the soldiers and not to encourage the Second World War.

When the creation of the Muslim-majority State of Pakistan was established on August 14, 1947, Mir Saheb moved to Karachi, capital of the new Muslim State, and started publishing the Daily Jang from there which was funded by a loan of 5000 rupees from Abdul Ghani Barq of Ferozsons Printers. Pakistan's Governor General, Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah was delighted due to this move and offered the government's help in running it. Mir Saheb however, declined the offer saying that freedom of the press was his motto and the goal for the Fourth pillar of State in Pakistan. Mir Saheb galvanised the press in Pakistan and helped in founding the Council of Pakistan Newspapers Editors (CPNE). He opposed tooth and nail any Government measure or action which curbed the freedom of the press in Pakistan

As for the Jewish part...I dont support that but I am guessing some say it coz it rhythms some say it as a hate word...

Dont know how much truth is in this.. But a Pakistani journalist had once told in Delhi that there are only two types of Journalists/ Anchor persons in Pakistan :
1: Who work for Jang Group
2: Who want to work for Jang Group

I am not saying that he is right. But there must be some reason why this most hated channel in Pakistan draws one of the best TRPs.

1stly, we are not sure who really backs GEO with $$ ...Foreign investors are not questioned when bringing in $$ to the country...Prob how we got Talibunnies!

for all we know it could be a sub branch of:

The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 98 facilities, approximately 77,000 beds, and 18,000 employees around the globe. Welcome to The GEO Group, Inc.

Within the $3 billion private prison industry, GEO Group is the nation's second largest for-profit prison operator. One of its prisons, which is the subject of an NPR News investigation, is now being investigated by the Department of Justice, and a civil rights lawsuit alleges that juvenile inmates are being held in "barbaric and unconstitutional conditions."
What Is GEO Group? : NPR

About Us No where do they show where their real host is...

Jang Group of Newspapers (colloquially known as simply the Jang Group) is a subsidiary of the Independent Media Corporation. Its headquarters is in Printing House, Karachi. It is Pakistan's largest group of newspapers and the publisher of the Urdu newspaper the Daily Jang (جنگ), The News International, Mag Weekly, and Awam.[citation needed] GEO News, an Urdu news channel, is affiliated with the group.

Mir Khalil ur Rehman was the founder of the group and his son, Mir Shakil ur Rehman, is the present head of the business house based in Karachi.[citation needed] Mir Shakil ur Rehman is considered to be the 3rd richest person in Pakistan.

Mir Khalil ur Rahman was born in 1927 to a middle-class family in the town of Gujranwala, Punjab, where he received his schooling and college education. Having finished his basic education, he graduated in Accountancy from the Punjab University. During the Second World War, his parents moved to New Delhi, capital of the British Indian Empire. It was here that he discovered his love for journalism. The newspaper world attracted him far more than the dull books of accountancy. He had a passion for reading and writing and a fondness for newspapers and magazines. He sat glued to his radio set, listening to the latest war news.

In 1940, when he was still a student, he started a newspaper for Muslims in pre-partition Hindustan fighting in World War II in Delhi. He called it the Jang, or War. This was not an exaggerated name as some believed, but a statement against war, and so Mir Khalil-ur-Rehman made it clear that he was doing this for the soldiers and not to encourage the Second World War.

When the creation of the Muslim-majority State of Pakistan was established on August 14, 1947, Mir Saheb moved to Karachi, capital of the new Muslim State, and started publishing the Daily Jang from there which was funded by a loan of 5000 rupees from Abdul Ghani Barq of Ferozsons Printers. Pakistan's Governor General, Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah was delighted due to this move and offered the government's help in running it. Mir Saheb however, declined the offer saying that freedom of the press was his motto and the goal for the Fourth pillar of State in Pakistan. Mir Saheb galvanised the press in Pakistan and helped in founding the Council of Pakistan Newspapers Editors (CPNE). He opposed tooth and nail any Government measure or action which curbed the freedom of the press in Pakistan

As for the Jewish part...I dont support that but I am guessing some say it coz it rhythms some say it as a hate word...

In other words, no known connection whatsoever to jews. That's precisely my point. Calling something you hate as "jew" says a lot about what you think of jewish people.

In other words, no known connection whatsoever to jews. That's precisely my point. Calling something you hate as "jew" says a lot about what you think of jewish people.
Well its like when people call one a pig...doesnt mean they hate the poor animal...though the connotation probably came from that...some prob have never seen the pig...but its just widely used without thought!

Dont know how much truth is in this.. But a Pakistani journalist had once told in Delhi that there are only two types of Journalists/ Anchor persons in Pakistan :
1: Who work for Jang Group
2: Who want to work for Jang Group

I am not saying that he is right. But there must be some reason why this most hated channel in Pakistan draws one of the best TRPs.
$$ It has a lot of money...

And the word best is relative....Twisting words, hiding the truth prob is a good journalist in today's world but it kind of is an insult to journalism who is supposed to present to the world both sides of the coin (unbiased)

If not officially banned ( because that may not be legally possible under Freedom of Expression ) Pakistani Public can punish GEO by totally BOYCOTTING the Channel. That means turn off GEO Channel and no guest should appear on their Channel.
Best of all, run a Campaign to tell the Advertisers to stop Advertising with Geo.

Hit them in the Pocket book and they will learn a lesson. They understand the language of MONEY......

So if such a public boycott fails, which it likely will, what would that mean?

Back
Top Bottom