What's new

GENERAL IMPRESSIONS | Resolving the mystery that is Ashfaq Parvez Kayani

Hi,

The problem occured after his meeting with his american counterpart---everything went well in the meeting---but in the public forum---the american general smashed pakistan----. Kiyani should have talked back on the media and stood up for pakistan.

Kiyani was hopping mad---he refused to meet the american generals and other commanders afterwards----that is an atypical pakistani reaction---.

Kiyani should have gone on a media blitz after OBL issue---he should have gone on the offencive---released details how pak has helped the u s through out this period and how the americans had let OBL escape many a times----he should have led a media barrage---.
As i say many a times----pakistanis are very clever people when it comes to their personal business---but they are also very stupid people people when it comes to their nation. They get confused---they get lost---they become blind---they act impotent.

You can only meet and compete the u s thru their media---the american general directly blamed the pak military----. It was Kiyani's job to stand up---counted pakistan's assistance to the u s and reminded them again and again of the american failures in a nice and polite and friendly manner with a smile on his face.

If the govt did not do it out of cowardice---then he should have done it---soldiers die for their country----that was his moment to martyr his self.

I don't know why did not defend his Nation more vigorously in front of the Press. But was it his job to begin with? Didn't he do the job that was expected of him as an Army Chief with aplomb?

I think he went by the book in following most of the orders given by the Civilian Leadership. Too bad that the Government acted so weak in the OBL issue(And the Pak media is just as idiotic as Indian media sometimes).

I still think that Gen Kayani made it clear that certain aspects of administration are not part of his job profile and that the elected Government has to learn them. Though the experience may be painful initially, it'll work out for the best in future Army-Govt relations.

Hi,

Pak army was being blamed and not the civilians---so by default it fell on the pak army to clear its name---and who more so to do it than their leader Gen Kiyani---. He knew of all the support that pak military had provided---he knew how often the american military had failed---. The military knew each and everything---he was the only man to stand up in front of the u s media and cleared pakistan's name.

Pakistan's army was smashed to a pulp on the world forum---it was their job to clear their name and the name of their country

Hi,

Gen Kiyani has set new standard of cowardice as a general commanding officer of any nations military. Never in the history of nations an ally's efforts have been degraded as much as in Kiyani's time..

Precedences don't mean nothing. He was never the right person for the job---a quiet man should never be allowed to lead. A man who doesn't talk---is hiding his incompetence. he lets everybody talk----and based on that talk he says something---.

So---basically this person is not able to lead from the front---take charge---give direction and orders---and last but least---give a piece of his mind. He had a passive personality---pakistan needed and alpha male at that time. Pakistan needed a HAWK----they got a DOVE.

Kiyani let his american counter part smash pakistan's image on the world forum---Kiyani the COWARD just kept up with his SILENT MAN showmanship.

Picture says a thousand words. Just wished the night say salala took place the next day afghanistan should have been bombarded to ultra stone age along with a couple of US/NATO-afghan bases that terrorists were hiding their in accomplice with..which actually is reality.

big_p30a.jpg

Hi,

Pak army was being blamed and not the civilians---so by default it fell on the pak army to clear its name---and who more so to do it than their leader Gen Kiyani---. He knew of all the support that pak military had provided---he knew how often the american military had failed---. The military knew each and everything---he was the only man to stand up in front of the u s media and cleared pakistan's name.

Pakistan's army was smashed to a pulp on the world forum---it was their job to clear their name and the name of their country

oh bhai who was "blaming Pak army"

Please elaborate

I agree with @MastanKhan Kayani failed miserably on the pr front and the Pakistan army was caught with its pants down. He could have done many things but his silence was the most deafening.

U S media and U S public and started after the death of OBL when the u s cinc went on tv and smashed pakistan military.

I just remember Prez Obama's speech. He didn't point his finger to Pakistani gov let alone Pak army.

All the papers and computer drives captured from bin fing laden's house have never pointed finger to any big name serving officer in Pak army either.

So what you say is kind of new to me

A similar letter was sent to the general a few years ago after OBl's demise

Hi,

In the emotional phase we can be upset when we see the americans flying close to 100 miles of the capitol and make a strike in the heart of the millitary academy city and get away with it.

I also read the news, which stated that there was no major security detail at the military academy that could respond to an attack.

I can understand that the americans have the tech to move around in pak air space----I can understand that Osama hid as he did and isi did not know about it----my problem is that the pak generals are taking all this media blast against pakistan laying down---. General Kiyani has literally bent over and is letting the media have a hay day.

If pak has issues with the u s then it should have come out swinging----you have to protect your integrity and honor and that is where the general failed----all this negative, has set the american publics mind against what pakistan is------and regardless of what the truth comes out in the next few days---it is not going to change anything if issues are not cleared now.

Kiyani should have been in front of the american media and should have responded thru the news media----first he should have told them---" you were never serious about capturing OBL----you let him escape through tora bora----you never sealed the escape routes----when OBL lived and moved around for a few years in afg and you never mounted a big strike---.

This information that you had to take out OBl was given to you by us.

Also, when pak army would have major operations going on in frontier NWFP region---the u s forces would be moved to the other side of the country---towards kandhahar border, allowing the taliban to escape to afg from the NWFP side----then last but not the least----you---america disbanded the cia task force hunting OBL---accordingly there was no urgency left to follow him and search his location---that is what President Bush stated. He should have told the media if you were never serious about tagging him---how did you expect us to search for him on a full time basis!

Supposedly, it was your 3000 citizens OBL had killed----you let him escape many a times----why are you blaming us for not keeping up our guard.

The thing that you love the most----that is the thing that you have to fight the most the most-----Kiyani---Pasha and now Qamar have really failed the country----. It is a shame.

I am now learning that Pasha had no experience of intelligence services-----he was basically an infantryman---a trustee of Kiyani----that is why he got the job----not due to any other talent----but due to trust----is that a good reason to give such an important post to someone with those qualifications-----.

These two generals have brought pakistan down to its knees---putting pakistan into a begging position-----my request to you General Kiyani----take the honorable route-----swallow the .45---pakistan needs a face saving----pakistan needs a sacrifice----pakistan needs some cleansing of soul----the pak millitary needs some cleansing----.

General Kiyani---any proud japanese general would have already done that to save his nation from disgrace---show the world that the pakistani generals can lay their life for the honor of their country as well---.

This stain on the fabric of pakistan can only be cleansed with your blood and the blood of your compatriot----God bless you----be a man---be a general.

I just remember Prez Obama's speech. He didn't point his finger to Pakistani gov let alone Pak army.

All the papers and computer drives captured from bin fing laden's house have never pointed finger to any big name serving officer in Pak army either.

So what you say is kind of new to me

Hi,

The issue is not the u s govt---the issue is the u s public---. That is where pakistan's good image got smashed---on CNN---On foxnews----on MSNBC---all the experts detroyed paksiatns integrity----from majpor channels it came down to local channels.

Before OBL killing---pakistan had a great respect in the u s----but no more.

Pakistanis don't understand and don't want to understand that if the U S public is behind them---they can force their govt to support you and not the other way around.

In the U S---every congressman is elected after 2 years---. A congressman can only run from one seat and one seat only----the only place they claim as residence---not like pakistan.

For that reason---if the public support is behind you---you can remind the congressman after two years what is going to happen.

Israel does that all the time----india had great public relation with the americans----but their diplomat issue has screwed them up.

Last edited:
......Hi,

The issue is not the u s govt---the issue is the u s public---....

Here is how it works in real world

issue with us govt - to be handeled by Pak gov

issue with us military - to be handeled by Pak military

issue with USA public - to be handeled by Pak public

Hope you understand now.

p.s. BTW in your previous post you did bring US gov/army denigrating Pak army. Now you say they did not. only US public did.
just pointing out the discrepancies across your posts.

Last edited:
Hi,

It don't work that way---it is the job of the military to fight the battles at all fronts---with weapons---with propaganda---with other marketing techniques and they can do the last two thru public.

Pak public is not capable of handling the issues. They are illeterate and have very little knowledge of how the american system works.

The pak military on the other hand has been dealing with their counterparts for the last 60 + years---they are in a much better position to handle the issues---.

Specially when the issues are directly being addressed by the commander in chief of the other party---then it falls on the commander of the pak military to make his statement to state the position of his country and what it has done.

Each chief is guilty of ignoring merit and appointing his friends.. Musharraf did so, so did Kayani. ..and it is precisely because of that he cannot be considered a true leader. However, compared to his predecessor, he was miles better.

Out of the whole article, what bothers me is the nuclear weapons bit. It paints a very dire picture; that our nuclear weapons are literally under threat 24/7 by the Americans. At any point we may be defanged if and when they see fit.

the guy is history. bit too late to de-mystify him...

WTF is that suppose to mean ???

So he thought that 79 SEALS in transport choppers would somehow manage to destroy our nuclear weapons ???
At that time, the COAS didn't knew the exact extent of the raid because of probable delay in communications, it could've been happening simultaneously at all the "important" places. Nor did he knew there were 79 US Navy SEALS only. Besides, Abottabad lies in the general region where most of the installations are present.

So under the circumstances, it was quite right of COAS to assume that as his first thought about the incident.

Back
Top Bottom